Save the Wawona

Trapper

Saturday, October 11th, from 9-12, at the Highliner Pub and Grill (Fisherman's Terminal), we'll be having a benefit for the Wawona. She was built in 1897, the first ship to ever be listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Despite that, she still faces eviction from her berth if we can't raise the money to do some serious restoration. There's no cover charge, but we'll be passin' the pitcher all night and havin' an auction t' boot. Tom Lewis, famed British shantyman, has kindly donated a complete set of his CDs, including the as-yet unreleased one, tto be auctioned off. The Pirates of the Coast, famed, talented plunderers of the Seven Seas, will be auctioned as well. Music includes: Broadside (all women shanty group), Coventry (Celtic folk/rock), the Halibutts (Ivar Haglund tribute band), Steve Lalor (of the Daily Flash), the world famous Sanger and Didele (famous for their rendition of Puff the Calamari), and if we can twist their arms, Pirates of the Coast.

Come lend support to keep a grand old lady from bein' kicked out of her home.

Captain of the Tinker's Damn

I will willing to send a donation lad. maybe ye can have a silent auction on a few prizes. What say ye lad?

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

By Neptune's beard, I not be getting the sexes right lately. Alright. everybody be mates then.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Hey, Animal! Hurricane be tellin' me that ye'll all be tryin' t' get there. That'd be ideal, since I be figurin' if ye plays, ye can probably get a regular gig out of it. Savvy?

Sure'n the crowd would love t' be terrorized by the likes o' ye.

Scupper, no hard feelin's, eh? It's not easy t' tell that I'm a female with a name like Trapper. Check out coventry-music.com and ye'll see that Animal and me be tellin' the truth.

Hmm. A silent auction...must give some thought t' that.

Fair winds and a full tankard,

Trapper

No hard feelings lass. I went to your site and loved the music.

Scupper

If all goes well, I could be there, as that is the last trip to Seattle I'll be making for a while.

I'll keep ya somewhat informed... :)

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

I'll keep ya somewhat informed... :)

Ye did work tech support didn't ye. B)

B)

Aye, but nae out west, luv. I did it when I was still livin' in Michigan.

'Aven't done it in a few years now. Funny enough, I miss it. Difficult work sometimes, but I enjoyed it. Jus' wish it paid better.

There will jus' be someone takin' over for me in the Seattle office o' me company, which means I won' be makin' trips up there anymore.

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

• 2 weeks later...

Urgh.

At present, the transportation issues are kickin' gettin' out for this in th' rear....

*feh!*

lack of car=lack of travel.

Urgh.

At present, the transportation issues are kickin' gettin' out for this in th' rear....

*feh!*

lack of car=lack of travel.

The fact yer like 1000 miles was not one of the factors?

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Bothell, it looks so wierd spelling it now. I was born in Seattle, lived til 10 in Lynnwood and lived til 19 in Bellevue. I had a few friends that lived in Bothell. It's a small world.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

I also be from Bellevue. I always spelled Bothell piratically, with an 'R'. Brothell just sounds much more piratical anyway. I'd have been there, were it not for the 3000+ mile distance. How'd it go?

Coastie :ph34r:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Well, it went remarkably well for the first one. Just on Ginger from the Pirates of the Coast passin' the pitcher (and of course, her obvious charms), we made $481.00. We be savin' the auction items (a complete set of Tom Lewis CDs, including the unreleased one, and a limited edition nautical print) fer Tom Lewis' CD release party, November 1st, also at the Highliner. All be welcome t' that as well.

Fair winds, fair lads and a full bumper o' rum

Trapper

I went to a relatively new school called The International School. I live in the Lake Hills area, between Main St. and SE 8th, and 156th and 164th.

Coastie :lol:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

I went to a relatively new school called The International School. I live in the Lake Hills area, between Main St. and SE 8th, and 156th and 164th.

Coastie :P

Dude that rocks. I know just where you're talking about There's a DMV in the Lake Hills area, I think, or there was. Last trip back to Washington a few years ago the place was totally different than I remembered from growing up.