Signature Graphic Contest... WITH PRIZES!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GRAMERCY, Rogue Mermaid!

Okay, GoF, now that it's posted, I nominate Rummy3.

Damn, there are some really AWESOME entries here. Great idea ye had, Mister Fortune.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

:D:D:D Im not but a humble pirate and those be me first attempts. So As to yer questions saving as JPEG as for resolution it has one of those? :D

I havfta Nominate Guinivere! The POTC cereal box banner is craftily done and tickled me fancy! Twelve thumbs up..*has to borrow thumbs*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Are you converting your graphics? In Photoshop, when saving to jpg, you have the option of choosing the quality of your graphic. Also, it depends on the original photo. If you took it with a digital camera, the resolution is pretty important, particularly if you are increasing the size. I typically use a high resolution and shrink it down - looks better.

RHJMap.jpg

If she's not been nominated, I'd like to also nominate Red-Handed Jill.

Her signature graphic be very nice. It's crisp, simple and to the point, yet with a 'don't mess with me' kinda pyrate feelin.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

I nominate Hawkins. His sig photo is really cool.

Thanks, Kass

Hawkyns

:D

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Blimey! E'rytime I think I'm not goin' to make another nomination, I find a signature banner that I really like. Gentleman of Fortune, in addition to me nominations of Rummy3 and Red-Handed Jill, please add Captain P.E.W.. His is quite awesome, too.

Ye have the solemn word of a pirate that I shan't nominate any more.

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

I really admire some of the members signature "graphics" here at the pub. Somebody has put some serious time into them... so I thought I would have a little contest.

I will take nominations this week for the top signature graphics, and then post a poll next week.

The biggest vote getter will get a prize from my treasure chest. I am not sure what yet, but it could be anything from a T-shirt, a set of original buttons, a book, fabric for a costume etc.....

On second thought, I will say that the dead line for "entries" is 20 February.

That will give some folks that have been meaning to get a signature graphic together a chance (and maybe some motivation?.

Good luck to all!

GoF

so many Great signature graphics out there...I agree that all the nominations are worthy........If you have a commercial division I would like to nominate Ace of the Harbor.....I have admired his since he first posted it.

Just love that pirate logo on the left.

P_4_H.jpg

Fair Winds

King's Pyrate

Aye John...

I'm not sure what this has to do with Plunder

I guess it doesn't really have to do with any of the forum titles... its about as poppy as it is plunder i guess.

I just thought it would be a nice gesture.

and since prizes are plunder...

but if you don't want it in PLUNDER....

GOF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!