Royaliste/Lynx March Battle Sails......

the Royaliste

Ahoy and Avast, ya scabborous dogs!.....We might just team up with Lynx as she heads south again in March...4-5, and 11-12...If so, these'll be the last Battle Sails of Tallship Royaliste 'afore she heads east for years....If you've an interest in sailing or crewing for the more experienced, I wouldn't be missin' it, maytees, if'n ye git my drift :)

;)

Aye, Rumba, I agree with you wholeheartedly, but..seems to be the style someplaces...as far as here in Oxnard, with our rather 'decibel-exceeding' reputation, I'll pretty much guarantee we'll be 'outside' toe-to toe, depending on who is skipperin' aboard Lynx at the time.

; 'specially since the gendarmes and I have an 'accord' on firin' in-harbor since last years Tallships event. We've had some exceptionally lively exchanges from Northern CA. to Southern CA. in the last year or two.....downright obscene a few times( I especially liked the 'Royaliste sandwich' in San Diego...Californian><Royaliste><Lynx ;)

The March dates in Oxnard are confirmed, and it looks like Feb. 24-25 in Santa Barbara also...For those of you who have sailed aboard during a battle sail, well...I've got nearly a hunnert pounds 'o powder I'd just as soon shoot up as ship east!.....

;)

ROYALISTE Blastin' RR way East!..Aye!

I could possibly make the 11-12. March 4-5 I'm teaching a workshop on pirate history.

Ahoy Lass!..W'd luv ta have ye aboard again, 'specially since RR departure to points East be loomin' on the horizon...Here's the booking number, and if'n that don't work(they could be full, but methinks not), email me and we'll make it work!...p.s. good on ya for the history gig!

Book your space on board, call toll Free: 1-866-446-5969

:lol:

Sounds like fun. Wish I could make it down there for that, I'd love to use up a bit o' yer powder. I doubt you'll be making it up to Alaska in the next year or so, but by the time you be good and established in the east, I might be transfered out that way. Who knows? When is this planned move anyway? And will it be o'er land, or by the canal?

Coastie :lol:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Sorry I missed these Q's, 'twas out lookin' for whales, and the seas were runnin', well, BIG.

Bos'n...Royaliste IS headin' close to you in the upcoming winter,but..we aren't planning the Gulf Coast until after Tallships Challenge 2007, and even that is subject to change being so far out as far as dates. That might change if we don't see a way to make a chest full 'o dubloons during PIP.Then, we'd do the Gulf for part of the winter.

Coastie...This one's epic; I'll post the flyer we are sending around, but basically, we are doing the Great Lakes each way, the St. Lawrence to the Richelieu, Lake Champlain, the Hudson, Delaware Bay, Chesapeake, and ICW. We are hauling her to the lakes, and on the hull for the nextseveral trips, most likely doing the canal if we head west for '08. Royaliste' former owner is putting up another privateer schooner, so we may start doing period battles on the lakes and rivers east....

Ahoy and Avast! Privateer!, a 501 © 3 living history non-profit organization, is proud to announce that the Tallship Royaliste, a gaff-rigged, square tops'l ketch rigged as a colonial privateer, will be cruising many new waters for 2006-2007. After a very enriching 2005 season on the U.S. West Coast, we have decided to actively campaign the privateer/pirate ship throughout North America and the Carribean.Beginning in May, we will decommission the ship in the Channel Islands Harbor, Oxnard California, and ship her in pieces to the Upper Midwest, most likely Cleveland Oh.,or Buffalo, NY..After recommissioning the gunboat, she will participate in the ASTA Tallship Challenge 2006 crossing the Great Lakes, culminating in Chicago. We will then do select engagements on our way back across the 'Lakes, into Canada, and onward to the NY Canal System. At this point, we will unstep the masts,transit the canal,restep, re-rig, and proceed to Lake Champlain for the historic reenactment of the Battle of Plattsburgh. This will mark Royaliste' return to Lake Champlain, and a possibly epic campaign down the Hudson River. Proceeding south, we will enter the C&D Canal, and transit Chesapeake Bay. Due to Royaliste' 6' draught, and ability to drop her topmasts easily, we will then attempt a dramatic voyage down the Intercoastal Waterway to Florida for the remainder of the year.

2007 will see Royaliste entering the ASTA Tallships Challenge 2007 racing from Florida northward to New England. Little is on paper yet for this event, so suffice to say that the calendar will change some as events are coordinated.

Tallship Royaliste is a living history interpretation/reenactment vessel first and foremost, unlike many vessels that 'fit the part' when the time is right. We enjoy period sail-training, mock battle sails, and historic dockside tours complete with an extensive, 'floating artifact museum'. We prefer to exhibit artifacts from the Great Age of Sail, with an emphasis on privateering, trade, whaling, and of course, piracy!

Any parties interested in a stopover by Tallship Royaliste, be it for educational interpretation, battle reenactments, daysails, dockside tours, fundraisers, or just plain gorgeous 'ambience' in your harbor, are encouraged to contact us regarding the upcoming season.

With a hope to see you on the 'high seas', fair winds, Tallship Royaliste www.PrivateerInc.org and www.theRoyaliste.com

:ph34r:

I could possibly make the 11-12.  March 4-5 I'm teaching a workshop on pirate history.

Ahoy Lass!..W'd luv ta have ye aboard again, 'specially since RR departure to points East be loomin' on the horizon...Here's the booking number, and if'n that don't work(they could be full, but methinks not), email me and we'll make it work!...p.s. good on ya for the history gig!

Book your space on board, call toll Free: 1-866-446-5969

:P

I'll try and call tomorrow. BTW would you be up to me torturing err... I mean my play my fiddle aboard? I have about 3-4 tunes that I've pretty much down and I could use a captive err.. I mean a ready audience. :P

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AYE!

Give 'em bloody 'eck this weekend Capt'n!! :huh:

It's still lookin' good fer me ta be crewin' the followin' weekend!

I signed on to a new game company up here in S.F. but I'm going to try to make it clear that I had previous plans.

Nice thing about the new job is that I commute by ferry across the Bay and work right down by the ballpark and pier 40.

Now I just need to get myself a fast boat and commute myself across the bay! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Doug's not aboard, Jason is skipper at present, and Doug will take Lynx to Hawaii next month or so. These first sea battles were terrific, and altho' it be cold enuff to freeze the balls offa the brass monkey, we are lookin' forward to tomorrow and Sunday's engagements ....'ere be a shot 'o the new carronade and one 'o the old ones from last weekends battle sail..thanks to the pirate wot filmed it!....

gements ....'ere be a shot 'o the new carronade and one 'o the old ones from last weekends battle sail..thanks to the pirate wot filmed it!....

Doug's not aboard, Jason is skipper at present, and Doug will take Lynx to Hawaii next month or so. These first sea battles were terrific, and altho' it be cold enuff to freeze the balls offa the brass monkey, we are lookin' forward to tomorrow and Sunday's engagements ....'ere be a shot 'o the new carronade and one 'o the old ones from last weekends battle sail..thanks to the pirate wot filmed it!....

Saturday's battle sail was wonderful! It rained till about 1pm and was clear by 1:20pm. And mean crystal clear! The weather was beautiful and ocean not too choppy. Kathy did a fine job as captain and the Royaliste new guns are great. One of the older guns maissued a smoke ring when it was fired (which I missed seeing :ph34r: ).

I want to thank Gary for allowing me to crew and play my fiddle as we made into port. Also for feeding me when I missed my train (I got the departure time wrong :huh: ).

All in all a wonderful day. I hope the rain didn't hamper your sail on Sunday.

Thanks again Gary! :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Aye, Maria, Glad to 'ave ya aboard once again!..You're always a welcome scallywag, so drop in anywhere!.....Yep, the battle sails went beyond description, plenty 'o sea and saltwater, gunsmoke, and gRReat company!!..A fitting 'end' to RR 'California Logbook', the Lynx be underway for a short rest on Catalina, then off to Dana Point...Royaliste' crew be back to all points, and after the next movie, we'll be headed East..... Next Port 'o Call, Cleveland!......Load them guns, mates, we're 'eaded for a new horizon!........Aye!

:unsure:

ROYALISTEAdios, Mare Pacifica.......For Now, Eh?