Pranks

Biker

After I left college I used to work during the summers restoring old buildings and the winters working in a builders' merchants, so I saw both sides of the old "go and fetch..." jokes. Fortunately I'd heard most of them at college so I don't think I ever fell for one at work, even when I was the new guy. In the builders' merchants we used to get apprentices coming in for:

Skirting board ladders

Tartan paint (or striped)

Sky hooks

Left hand hammers

Curved nails and smooth screws

Whenever anyone came in and asked for a "long weight" it was kind of unspoken rule that whoever tok the request got to have an unscheduled tea-break, before coming back and saying we'd run out. Since the kid had only been sent to us to get him out the way for a while it was kind of a service to our customers...

Some of the best jokes were at college.

When we learned basic bricklaying we bricked up the door to a classroom with a rival class inside, and built a 3 foot wall round one guy's car.

In the dorms we used to fill the tall tubes the toilet brushes came in with water, lean them on someone's door then knock and run away.

The best one though, I think, was when someone went off on a work placement for about three weeks we used a water-pistol to squirt loads of water beneath their door then used a pea-shooter to shoot hundreds of cress seeds into the wet patch. When they returned three weeks later, hey presto, a lovely indoor water-cress patch.

I've got mates with exploding cigarettes more times than I care to be reminded of. Loose tops on pepper pots, chilli seeds in sandwiches... all the usual ones.

Really tempted to do the treasure chest one too, thanks Pat!

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

I've got a chest one in mind - oh, that's another thread! Oh, Patrick! Iknow the perfect place - at the Dana Point Harbor, there is a small cove for beach goers. It is within the breakwater and you would certainly be a show stopper! Maybe it could happen! :P

It was one of those ideas that I though of a few years ago, but didn't have enough Pyrates at the time... my original idea was to do it at the Santa Cruz beach with lots of people around, then watch the vidio later.

I wonder how many people would try to dig up the chest....by bringing shovels, it could be buried fairly deep... make em work for it..... maybe more than one stoge hidden on the beach beforehand to get more pictures.......

It might make a fun Pub Project.... post yer Pyrate Prank Pictures..... :P

Moved the turning mark for a yacht club race, thereby running nearly the entire fleet aground. Teach them to ban us from the start of a race.

Boarded yachts during races, stealing beer, ice and, occasionally, willing wenches. Always got us disqualified.

Outstanding.

Hat's off to ya. :P

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

:lol::huh::huh: Patrick I wish I were closer that is one Prank I would love to participate in. I can almost see their faces..One Pirate can be counting off spaces while another makes the map and the rest can follow the chest as it is dragged! That would be great!

BTW The bunny one had me in stitches.. :huh:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Thanks, Pew, the sailing stuff was fun, and we were led by the member of the Yacht club whose boat we sailed, a perfect leprechaun of a man, a urologist named Dr. Payne. Even his name seemed to be a prank.

Patrick, the bunny episodes...just perfect.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Grande! Grande indeed! I think we 'ave more than enough willin' folks ta do Patrick's Prank!

An' some o' th' other things folks did reminded me of more stuff o' me own...

Place I worked, on occasion someone would have to go thru a dark passageway, so I crisscrossed the passage with maskingtape... a nice stick bit of stuff to run into in th' dark...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

i'm planning a bunch of candid camera sort of stuff to do in a mall. me and my friends are going to dress as pirates, except for two people, one sitting innocently on a bench, one nearby with a camera. the mob dressed as pirates will run in, grab the 'innocent bystander', throw her over their shoulders, and run off.

we're also going to have a pirate vs ninja battle, but with rubber chickens instead of swords.

Be careful with this type of "prank." You might have an observer who will do the right thing and behave as if this is a real situation.

A similar thing was done by highschool students making a movie in my hometown, at a resturant. A person in the diner called the police and then acted to protect the "victim", by physically subduing the "attackers." There were some very angry people all the way around when the truth came out.

Something similar was tried by a television news station some years ago. They snatched someone off the street, dragged 'em into a car and sped away while another crew filmed unobtrusively. They wanted to show how nobody wants to get involved anymore. Well, we here in Floriland carry guns and we do care. No less than three bystanders had them under the gun before they could drag the "victim" away, and a fourth was in the process of blocking the "getaway car" with his truck. Damn news crew was lucky to escape serious harm.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Yeah, the abduction - even in garb - wouldn't be a good idea here in Texas either, too many armed folks about.

Now, the burying of the treasure chest...

That could be a good idea down about in Galveston where my sister lives (and has that lovely pyrate history), or on the Brazos river - and even funnier on the river, since in our parts unless things are flooding, the water don't often get deep enough to float a fishing boat, much less a ship. Carry the rowboat, set it down to dig the hole, carry the rowboat away...

sig2.jpg