POTC 2 Opening, Baltimore-Washington

Gute Morgan

After many months at sea, Gute has returned and be wonderin' whether any of the pyrates what sail the waters of the Chesapeake in the Baltimore-Annapolis-DC corridor be plannin' on gatherin' fer openin' weekend of POTC 2. P'rahps in pyratical garb at the Muvico Eqyptian or another high profile location. :P

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Buccaneer, Brigand, & Cutthroat

Plundering the Spanish Main Since 1701®

"Refuse that, 'n' ye've seen th' last o' me but musket balls."

Gute-

Let me know what the plan is and I will put it out to the crew.

Duncan

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

• 3 weeks later...

I know that the crew of the Polly Dodger would definitely be interested in attending an "invasion" of a movie theater for the premiere of POTC 2. I was actually going to start an invasion for our Crew when Captain Duncan mentioned to me that there was already plans in the works.

I can't wait for the movie to open and it's a week before my birthday. What a great way to spend it with friends.

• 4 weeks later...

Aye, well it seems there be interest but no bloody plan! If left to me, I vote for Saturday at Muvico Egyptian. If there be interest, and a large number of pyrates willin' to raid the place, perhaps a hail to the theater might be in order.

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Aye, well it seems there be interest but no bloody plan! If left to me, I vote for Saturday at Muvico Egyptian. If there be interest, and a large number of pyrates willin' to raid the place, perhaps a hail to the theater might be in order.

Well I was going to plan something but another MD Captain told me that there were plans underway here.

wel;l;, baltimore isn't that far from northeast pa either - might be fun and could meet again some i met at the aprf last season. sorry, if i don't remember your names, but it is a fun time to be had.

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Very well, here be me own personal suggestion. Each local captain take the matter before his or her crew fer a vote. Decide whether yer crew be willin' to meet up at Muvico here in Maryland on that Saturday, or there be a different theater we should collectively plunder. If we can get a large enough band together at a single theater, I'll contact the theater management. I can't be promisin', mind ye, but many a theater might be willin' to welcome a band o' cutthroats and buccaneers if we be willin' to hang out part o' the day. :o

If nothin' else, we'll have us a grand time at the movie and go down some tankards of grog at a local pub after. :o

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

That sounds fun!!!!

Maybe we can make a lap around the mall before the movie.

Aye, Crimson Corsair, ye be me kind o' pyrate. Great minds think alike! :lol:

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Cheryl, luv, ye do remember that be Shore Leave weekend, yes? Won't you 'n' Crispy Dick be in Hunt Valley, or are ye mutinying this year? :lol:

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

I'm a pirate an' I'm ok...

I drinks me rum an' I sleeps all day......

ShoreLeave holds no interest for me.....

We may be able to get Angel or some of the others if we wanna do it over at the theatre in Hunt Valley........Angel an' I spoke at Farpoint...she is interested in promotin the movie....

Angel is associated with one of the StarFleet groups and is a costumer..you will remember her when you see her. She also did one of the Polar Bear Plunges in a vintage swim suit.

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

I'm a pirate an' I'm ok...

I drinks me rum an' I sleeps all day......

ShoreLeave holds no interest for me.....

We may be able to get Angel or some of the others if we wanna do it over at the theatre in Hunt Valley........Angel an' I spoke at Farpoint...she is interested in promotin the movie....

Angel is associated with one of the StarFleet groups and is a costumer..you will remember her when you see her. She also did one of the Polar Bear Plunges in a vintage swim suit.

I be open to any theater agreed upon by vote of the crews interested in gatherin' fer a raid. All proper, pyratical, and democratic-like. I suggested Muvico at Arundel Mills more because it was central to DC and Baltimore and because of its size would be more high profile.

Crews 'n' captains what be readin' these posts, in addition to knowin' yer preferred meetin' place, we'll be needin' some counts of how many buccaneers might be attendin' so we can give the theater a heads up and inquire whether any special arrangements be in order. :rolleyes:

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

If you pull the right strings maybe we can have one of those pre release partys.....The kind that we would see the movie the night before opning night......I would bet a radio station would eat this up,and have the pull to get it aranged!!!!!

"No matter where you go. There you are."

If you pull the right strings maybe we can have one of those pre release partys.....The kind that we would see the movie the night before opning night......I would bet a radio station would eat this up,and have the pull to get it aranged!!!!!

But are you willing to do the behind the scenes work ahead of time to get info on doing this?

Sounds like a great idea.

If you need help, or if anyone needs help planning something i can be reached via email at captain@pollydodger.com

B)

If you  pull the right strings maybe we can have one of those pre release partys.....The kind that we would see the movie the night before opning night......I would bet a radio station would eat this up,and have the pull to get it aranged!!!!!

But are you willing to do the behind the scenes work ahead of time to get info on doing this?

Sounds like a great idea.

If you need help, or if anyone needs help planning something i can be reached via email at captain@pollydodger.com

:P

Aye, I be willin' to hail the proper authorities, but first I be needin' t' know how many bloody pyrates we be expectin'. I don't want t' be callin' theaters 'n' radio stations 'n' then find out only 3 people in tricorn hats are gonna show up. :P

I've attended two similar events in the past, one for the opening of the first POTC movie, one with a bunch of Klingons and Starfleet officers for the opening of a Star Trek movie. Many movie theaters are willing to do this sort of thing, and some will contact the TV and radio stations themselves.

Even if the theater isn't willing to work with us, what the hell? We'll all show up in attire, look good, see the movie, go to a pub after, and have a bloody damn good time doin' it! :P

:unsure:

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

M'close enuf t'b wantin t' come, and knowin wher'er two'r more pyrate gawter fun is sure t'falla, ifin I can gatwr m'some garb I'd like t join ya. Could ya shar some details wit ma'?

Aye, soon as we hear back from a couple o' local crews and can get a handle on how many might be willin' t' join with us, I'll make a couple of calls and then get details to folks.

Right now we seem to be talkin' 'bout Saturday July 8 in the daylight hours. I have suggested Arundel Mills and the Muvico Egyptian theater because of its central location betwixt Washington and Bawlmer, and its size might help draw some media attention. But I'm not wedded to that location.

If there were some arrangements with whatever theater we end up at, I imagine we'd need to plan on appearing there a good part of the day, either side of when we see the movie itself.

I was hoping for a couple dozen firm commitments. A dozen folks or so seem to expressed interest here. The Juryrig is probably the largest local crew, so hopefully enough of those folks and possibly some other will jump in.

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan