New Years Resolutions

Patrick Hand

OK I'm tired of working just for room and board... I don't want lots of money... but I wanta fair share of what I make/produce........I want to be paid for my labor..... I am tired of being Poor.................

SO my NewYears resolution.... To take charge of my own life... to stop being used, and get paid a fair wage for what I do......

As Yule Brennor said in the "ten conmandments"... quote.... "So let it be written.. so let it be done..."

OK I'm tired of working just for room and board... I don't want lots of money... but I wanta fair share of what I make/produce........I want to be paid for my labor..... I am tired of being Poor.................

SO my NewYears resolution.... To take charge of my own life... to stop being used, and get paid a fair wage for what I do......

As Yule Brennor said in the "ten conmandments"... quote.... "So let it be written.. so let it be done..."

Rock on man! There's no one stopping you but you! :lol:

And now, I'm going to quote someone in a film:

You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains.  You will find a fortune, though it will not be the fortune you seek.  But first -- first you must travel, a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.  Mm-hmm.  You shall see thangs... wonderful to tell.  You shall see a... a cow... on the roof of a cottonhouse.  Ha.  And oh so many startlements.  I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.  Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation.

As for me? Every year I make a resolution to do something for a year. This year was no alcohol. The year before was no Starbucks... no donuts... and so on. I'm having a hard time coming up with something for 2006. I've actually given thought to no re-enacting. However, like William, I think what I'd really like to do is get something published in 2006. Even if it is something small, like a magazine article. I'll have one figured out in a couple of days...

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

That was the first time I had ever heard the word "startlement" used in a sentence. The Coens have an interesting ear for dialogue (not to mention an interesting eye for characters).

I second blackjohn! Do what must be done, Patrick! You're really the only one who will do it for you.

For myself, I'm re-starting the writing of my success newsletter every month next year. (That will surprise the folks on my email list...) I decided to stop writing it last year and I wish I hadn't. I'm also studying one topic a month to supplement my training information. And several other things. (Hint: Write your goals out longhand. You're much more likely to achieve something you've written - not typed - written.)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Aye, the march of the Resolutionists. My goals are to continue my ongoing battle to lose weight, get in better shape, and hike to the summit of Mt. Whitney. I also resolve to finally get my patio project completed. I also plan to build up my tolerance to alcohol. I noticed that most alcoholics are rather thin people. I may have discovered a doable diet plan :lol:

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

I resolve ta get back ta doin' all th' stuff I did afore me auto accident... Damn Bus... me poor truck.... Me poor back!

I'm at 95% from when it happened back in May of '04...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

1) I resolve to give up tring to be perfect ;)

2) I resolve to not flirt wit the wenches in here. I started posting here cause My interest in GAOP anyways. So party on gents..

3) Like Patrick Hand I WILL formulate a goal and plan for finances.

;)

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

No Mission its the scotch straight up, the water and ice on it's own: sip gulp sip gulp, water then scotch, sip gulp...... I jes got a brown bottle of Glenfiddich Ancient Reserve fer Christmas from one o me customers wish ye were comin out fer the new years party! Happy New Years anyways mate! Huzzah!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

;) I resolve to try ta stop pissin'on peoples boots! ;) I be gettin' better at it...I miss my boots totally! ;)

...Oh yeah...I also resolve to take an extra second or two too make sure me crank ain't hangin' out da bottom of me boxers. Even though it draws some attention , the breeze tickles me fancy! ;)

victors%20spoils.jpg

YER ANKLES WILL LOOK LOVELY BEHIND YER EARS LASSIE! HAR! HAR! HAR!

I jes got a brown bottle of Glenfiddich Ancient Reserve fer Christmas from one o me customers wish ye were comin out fer the new years party!

Yeah. Me too. Althought I have some 15 year old Aberlour I'll be nursing at the NYE soiree I plan to duck out of after an hour or two of conviviality.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

No flirting with wenches? Well, how about weasels?

oh I can yak wit the weassle jest not make passes at you ar others couse I have reconsidered the fact that it don't honor my marriage..

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."