Music

Saucy Nell

Listen up lads an' lasses ... not knowin' if this 'as been covered before, accept my sincerest of all apologies ...

I'm trying to get together a compilation of appropriate piratical tunes but fall short remarkably soon (must 'ave been that rum ...) so far -

Let The Four Winds Blow - Tenpole Tudor

Friggin' In The Riggin' - The Sex Pistols

and a tenuous one me thinks

Errol Flynn - The Dogs D'amour

Can any of you loverly lot give me any help??

Just Cause You're The Bad Guy, Don't Mean You're Gonna Lose Them All.

Not sure if I can be of service offerin' any piratin' tunes, but jest wanna say, I likes yer taste in music!!! Don't know anyone into tha Dogs Damour but meself 'til now!!

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

The pirate Knifehand Ken captured many galleons, killing over five-hundred men in cold blood. He would tear the captains hearts out and swallow them whole. Often forcing his victims to eat their own lips.

There's a couple from Blackmore's Night that I can contribute right off of my head.. "Village on the Sand" and "Storm". The second one is less piratical as it is weather related, but I have it on my list of "Songs to Throw on a Quickie Pirate CD When My Computer Isn't Being a Bilge Rat".

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

"Songs to Throw on a Quickie Pirate CD When My Computer Isn't Being a Bilge Rat".

Can you actually fit all of that on the spine of a jewel case? :ph34r:

*makes mental note for next software release*

*LOL*

If ye make th' letters small 'nuff, ye probably could! :ph34r:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

"We Were Buccaneers" by Hoyt Axton. GREAT tune.

"Shiver Me Timbers" & "Singapore" by Tom Waits

"The Pirate Bride" by Sting

"The Gibbeted Captain Kidd" by Scissorfight

"I'm A Rover" by Great Big Sea (also check out their cover of Drunken Sailor with the Chieftains)

"Barrett's Privateers" by Schooner Fare

"Sun, Sea & Piracy" by BowWowWow (not really piratey)

"Redemption Song" by Bob Marley & The Wailers

"Pirates" by Tori Amos

...I've got a bunch more, this is just off th' top o' me noggin. Stay tuned! :)

newbannersigtar0db.gif

Why thank ye all - I have something to be goin' on with now and will keep an eye out for further recommendations ye all would be willin' to offer ...

And Cap'n Knifehand Ken - I am a HUGE Dogs D'amour fan (hence sig) but sadly don't have any recordings after More Unchartered Heights of Disgrace ... how can ye not like someone with that gravel toned voice an' an image to die for!

Just Cause You're The Bad Guy, Don't Mean You're Gonna Lose Them All.

Aye me Beauty....Tyla, he be a worthy front man. Tis a shame they ne'er got tha regonition they so rightly deserved.

"How could anyone fall for a drunk like Billy Two Rivers?"

The pirate Knifehand Ken captured many galleons, killing over five-hundred men in cold blood. He would tear the captains hearts out and swallow them whole. Often forcing his victims to eat their own lips.

There's a piratical version of "Spanish Ladies" on one of the Bilge Pumps CDs, as well as "The Derelict". As a bonus track, they have an...I'll say interesting...song called "Buckaneer City"

On their newest CD, the Bilge Pumps have "A Smuggler's Song", "Pirating the Seas", "Mrs. McGrath", and a great ballad called "The Dark Lady".

I know I have some other good ones, but this is a start. For general nautical songs, with piratical songs in the mix, I'd suggest three groups: The Bilge Pumps (which just happened to be in my CD player at the time I was writing this), The Corsairs, and the Jolly Rogers. I know their websites are on the ports o' call page of www.noquartergiven.net

Coastie04 :ph34r:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg