A Captains's Chair

Captain Jim

'Tis a nice piece of work but no one's putting me in anything that rocks unless it's the deck of the ship underneath me feet. Rockers are for old folks and nursing mothers....

-- Hurricanes

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

**Rumba whips out a wet towel and whips it across Hurricane's face**

How dare you call me an old folk or a nursing mother you whiplashed moustache man!

I know lots of fyne upstandin' people like myself that does enjoy a good rockin' now an' again!

Hmmmmffffff!!!!!!! :huh:

i resent that ol' folk remark lad ...i have had a rocker made by m' great grandfather 95 years ago ...a grand oak chair, rock solid and a comfy seat ...i use it here at the keyboard and it has served me well for the 35 years i have held it ....a fine perch t' enjoy a wee dram .... ;):P;)

rocking chairs... only for old folks...don't think so...lots of fun to be had in a rocking chair, if'n ye know how to do it. :)

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Holy cats, Hurricane. Ye can surely whip up a tempest with even the simplest of posts. Mind you, I agree with all fo the others 'ere. To live in the south, have a verandah and not have a rockin' chair in which to enjoy one's mint juleps and tell lies after the quail hunt would be uncivilized.

On the other hand, Lady Seahawke's suggested usage isn't so bad either, although that chair has far too many pointy parts on it. OUCH!

I also agree with Pearl, too gaudy for me but a fine bit o' work nonetheless.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...