Temperament test

Mad Matt

I've been going through a spell in my life the past couple years of trying to define the who, how and why's of my personality. It's been an odd and sometimes difficult journey, sometimes, to say the least.

Anyway, I ran across this website and took the online "Temperament Sorter" test. It's supposed to be scientific somehow. The results amazed me. I am almost word for word, what this site defines me as.

For those of you feeling a bit adventurous and maybe even wanting to find out things about yerself you may have never thought of, check it out. I am happy to now have a reason as to the "why".

Keirsey Temperament Sorter

P.S. If you post your results here, others at the Pub can Google yer identifying letters and learn more about you.

I'll start: Google the letters "ISTJ" without the quotation marks and you will find out more about my personality than I could probably ever tell you.

Maybe someone else is at this point in their life and this may help.

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

I actually have a training session I give on this material. Anyone who has ever taken the Colors test is basically taking a simplified Myers-Briggs personality test. (The Keirsey Temperament test is based on the Myers-Briggs Temperament Indicator test.)

The notion that there are four basic personality types goes all the way back to Hippocrates. Carl Jung most recently brought the idea into the popular consciousness again in the 1920s and Isabel Myers and Katherine Briggs used that to come up with the material we use today.

If you're strongly typed, it has a lot of relevance. If you're not, well, it doesn't. (You'll think things like, well, I'm kinda' like that, but I'm also like this...) I've heard that the material is accurate in more cases than it is not, however. One thing I do know is that many people test differently when they're at work and must behave in one fashion than they do when they're at home and can behave more naturally.

My question is, what do you do with the information once you have it? Keirsey has some stuff about management styles, raising children and matchmaking using MBTI, but I don't personally agree with all of it.

We've actually talked about it here before. I'm an INTJ. Very strongly typed. If you were to look it up, you'd see how my behavior here reflects this. Of course, most people are more interested in how they test and what they can do with these ideas than with how other people behave. (I'm always curious about other people's types. More to see how what I see them doing reflects what the test says than anything.)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I haven't had a chance to put my results to any kind of practical application, yet. As an ISTJ, I'm often thought of as being psycho as I'm not very talkative and extremely introverted among other things.

There's something about being here, though, that allows me to have a bit of an imagination and behave like I normally would not.

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Did it reveal things about yourself you didn't know before, or maybe they just clicked and you realized "Yeah, I do do that!" That's what happened when I took it. When you get a chance, Google yer letters and see if that still fits you.

That was the first time you took it? I thought you were familiar with the test the way you talked about it.

Lessee...Blackjohn is an ENFP or an ENTP and Duchess is an INTP. (Whereever they've gotten to lately.) I hope they don't mind me tattling, although there are verifying posts on the board here somewheres...

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

That was the first time you took it? I thought you were familiar with the test the way you talked about it.

Lessee...Blackjohn is an ENFP or an ENTP and Duchess is an INTP. (Whereever they've gotten to lately.) I hope they don't mind me tattling, although there are verifying posts on the board here somewheres...

Well...the one I took prior to that (about 8 or so years back) was Meyer's Briggs (sp?). I was in between I and E at the time.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Who me? Been dancing about on some other forums (fora?) and reading Trek and D&D stuff. But yeah, we discussed this once or twice in the past. Last time I took it I was ENTP. Time before that I was ENFP. It really depends on my mood at the time. I believe the first time I took it (well over a decade ago) I was ISTJ. And I still test out very borderline between E/I.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Mine came out ENTJ. And to think that all this time I was summing myself up with "Bibio, ergo sum." :lol:B)

What usually happens is that I'll puzzle myself out of a tight spot, and those trying to catch me are left scratching their collective bums in befuddlement. Such a talent comes in handy during annual reviews. :) B)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

We've actually talked about it here before. I'm an INTJ. Very strongly typed. If you were to look it up, you'd see how my behavior here reflects this. Of course, most people are more interested in how they test and what they can do with these ideas than with how other people behave. (I'm always curious about other people's types. More to see how what I see them doing reflects what the test says than anything.)

Another INTJ? I've taken Myers-Briggs before and am an Uber-INTJ. That is the rarest type of all; something like 2%.

RHJMap.jpg

Oh, yes? You're the first female INTJ I think I've come across. We are a rare and proud breed. (Full of ourselves, the other types might even be wont to say. :huh: )

I was just conversing with some INTJs in another forum and apparently the concept of being "strongly typed" is a misnomer spread by filthy communists and insane warlocks. This person threw 12 years of MBTI training credentials at me as proof. Fortunately, I ducked.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Whenever I take one of these types of tests I wonder at whether I'm answering as an "idealized" version of me or a "actual" version of me. Then I decided that would require too much analysis and just go on answer the questions using my gut instinct.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.