Pirate Festival in Port Royal

hurricane

What dates work best for you to go the Port Royal Festival in 2007?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What dates work best for you to go the Port Royal Festival in 2007?

• February
    • March
    • April
    • May
    • Early June (this is in Hurricane Season)

As with any country or city, there are parts you don't want to be walking at night. But for the most part, the areas we would be going to in Kingston are entirely safe.

Cool.... I hadn't thought about any possible problems, and figured Port Royal was far enough away ..... but wanted to check.....

I knew I should have been taking my English as a Second Language class more seriously. I reread it while not under the influence of cheap red wine and see what you were saying now. Thanks for the clarification....

-- Hurricane

Dinnae fash, Hurricane - no harm, no foul. :P

Em

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

This sounds as if it is coming along nicely... how great would it be to have Pirates in Port Royal (or whatever the festival is to be called) in the spring, and PiP in the fall? Good times, indeed...

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

I like Pirates in Port Royal... it fits nicely with the general Pirates in Paradise concept.

There are rumblings of a third festival in the Bahamas in September. So you would have Port Royal in Spring, Bahamas in Fall and PiP in Winter.

Ah, a pirate's life for me!!!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

hurricane Posted on Dec 19 2005, 01:00 PM

... I reread it while not under the influence of cheap red wine and see what you were saying now

would that be the "bulk wine" you were drinking down there capt????

lol

:unsure:

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

would that be the "bulk wine" you were drinking down there capt????

*coff, coff... glurb...!* Mmmm, smooth!

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Bulk wine is where it's at mates. Sweet to the lips, tender to the tummy and right to the head it goes.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Ahoy, I be new ta this here pub, and was readin about this here plan ya got going. Count me in as soon as I can plunder the funds. My vote would be fer April, although as me Cap'ns takin classes, I'd be votin fer spring break. I'd like June, but we don't want to get caught in one of them hurricanes. May is pretty busy around my port, but if May it be, I'll try making arrangements. Ta walk in the boot prints of them that came afore us, ah would be emotional indeed. Do ya need passports in Jamaica? Never been out of the states, so don't have a clue. Been thinkin about gettin one just in case. :D

Hope ta meet ya at a fest one day.

Diamond

Ahoy, I be new ta this here pub, and was readin about this here plan ya got going. Count me in as soon as I can plunder the funds. My vote would be fer April, although as me Cap'ns takin classes, I'd be votin fer spring break. I'd like June, but we don't want to get caught in one of them hurricanes. May is pretty busy around my port, but if May it be, I'll try making arrangements. Ta walk in the boot prints of them that came afore us, ah would be emotional indeed. Do ya need passports in Jamaica? Never been out of the states, so don't have a clue. Been thinkin about gettin one just in case. :D

Hope ta meet ya at a fest one day.

Diamond

Yes luv, ya do. They are changing the rules and as of Jan 1 2006 you need one to travel anywhere in the Caribbean. Before you could just show a birth certificate.

Besides... a passport looks good :)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Not responding to you, in particular, Diamond, but just a general comment. I've heard a lot of people complain about the need for a passport after January 1st... just think of it this way, it is a little book full of souvineers of your trips around the world! Each country has its own unique stamp, so feel free to try and collect them all! :huh:

Besides, what red-blooded male doesn't feel a little like James Bond when he presents his "papers" to a border official? :huh:

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

you know odd thing is m' US passport hasn't been stamped in the past 10 years and i have been to 10 different countries in those years all over europe and morroco ....i show it and they just look at it and hand it back .....now my UK passport ... get's stamped more often ... when i went to australia about 8 years ago it was stamped in hong kong and manilla and in melbourne .... but i'll be ready with both in tow when i'm off to port royal ... :P;););)

Will do on both counts, Jib. Thanks!!!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

• 1 month later...

aye so does he (hurricane)...but he be freezing his arse off in washington state right now...just wait til his fingers thaw out

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Diosa and I are heading down to Port Royal to meet with Julie and Finbar of the Schooner WOLF and Jackie, manager of the Morgan's Harbour Resort in June. Should have more then!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny