Help!!!!!!!???????????

Lizzie Turner

Ahoy, mates!

There are two choices for 'pic on my thing', being your avatar or personal photo....

I will try to help you:

On the first page where you're signed in, look at the bar that says "Logged in as:", above the ropey divider....

To the right of your name, click on "My Controls"....

If it's personal photo you want, click it under "Personal Profile" and browse your computer (easiest way) for a suitable pic. Once you click on it under "Choose File", it should show in the bar, then click"Update Photo"....

OR-

Click "Edit Avatar Settings"or something similar under same "Personal Profile"area of "My Controls"....

Adding a pre-installed or one from your computer are the easiest but not the only choice...

Then hit "Update Avatar"...

I hope that helps.

Cheers!

Captain Sage

SIZE:

Ye can right (mouse button) click on it and choose 'Properties'.

Then click on 'Summaries' tab.

OR....

If ye have the basic Paint program that is in Windows, you can open it in there and: 1)click 'Image' and then 'Attributes.'

OR 2) hold down Ctrl button while pressing 'E'

CHANGE SIZE:

1) If (in the Windows Paint program) you change the height and width under 'Image>Attributes', it will cut out any part of the picture that is over 64 X 64 pixels.(if that's the numbers you type in)This is called cropping.

2) If you want to keep all the picture and rezize it all to 64 X 64pixels, goto 'Edit' and click 'Select All'. Grab the lower right blue square like a handle(hold down the mouse button) and move it towards the upper left side of the picture while looking at the numbers that display lower right.

Aim for 64 X 64 or a little less like 62 X 62, etc.

Then... save it.

If this leaves the picture too ugly or blotchy looking, you'll need a little better picture editing program, and ol' Captain Sage or any one of a dozen other blokes will resize it for free and send it back to you.... even McVox the Admin!

I hope this helps,

Captian Sage

Thanks much, Cap'n Sage !!! I will try it first chance I get. I wish our fearless leader McVox would include instructions on how to do some of these things for some of us non-computer type folks somewhere on the website. Sure would be helpful.

>>>>> Cascabel