Mixed drink recipes

Mad Matt

After I saw something about a "Plunder My Cherry" drink, I thought I might start this thread.

No, not basic stuff like rum 'n' water, 'r rum 'n' coke.

Got some fancy things here that our fellow privateers may like t' try?

I would personally prefer it if the name of the drink was listed first, then the recipe follows in the body of the message.

Although, knowin' pyrates don't follow rules ver' well.....

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Electric Smurf

I like using a Hurricane glass for this.

Put 3 or 4 ice cubes in the glass. Add 1 oz. each of Cononut rum and Blue Curacao. Fill glass half with Sprite, half with pineapple juice. Mix and enjoy. Soon t' be one o' yer favorite party drinks!

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

From the Angler in Port Royal Jamaica:

Mix Up

1 bottle of Guinness

Equal part Ginger Wine

A couple shots of overproof rum

Cream

It looks a bit like Egg Nog when shaken up and it's delicious and deadly...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

The Calico Bass

Make a blender full of yer best blended margarita with yer tequilla of choice and yer triple sec and mix then add a shot of southern comfort and a splash of coconut rum. in your glass add two shots of cranberry juice then pour the margarita over and onto the waiting juice.

It works well with people gathered wanting to get loose but you don't want to wait all night cause they are all slow drinkers!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

I present, the Mojito:

What you'll need:

2½ oz. light rum

1 lime

1 tbsp. simple syrup

mint leaves (8 or so sprigs worth)

ice

club soda

tall glass

spoon, or some other utensil that can be used to mash the mint leaves

1. Make simple syrup: Heat equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan until just before boiling and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Make up a big batch – say a cup of sugar and a cup of water – than toss it in the fridge … it’ll easily keep for a couple of weeks, during which time you’ll be able to whip up mojitos at a moment’s notice, to the delight of your very fortunate friends.

2. Place the mint leaves and 1 tbsp. of the simple syrup (cooled) in the glass, then squish it all around with a spoon (or whatever appropriate utensil you can find) for 20-30 seconds, until you can smell that good minty smell . . .

3. Cut the lime in half. Squeeze the juice out from both halves into the glass, then drop one half into the glass.

4. Pour in the rum and stir.

5. Add plenty of ice, then top off the mixture with club soda. Garnish with a sprig of mint and enjoy!

Ahhhh, me mouth be watering now!

:unsure: Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Good stuff, lads (and a sharp nod to the lass fer "Sex on the Beach")! I'd like to put in a request for a Mai Tai and Singapore Sling. Had a sling at a local pub a couple weeks ago and MAN! 'twas GOOD!

I present, the Mojito:

What you'll need:

2½ oz. light rum

1 lime

1 tbsp. simple syrup

mint leaves (8 or so sprigs worth)

ice

club soda

tall glass

spoon, or some other utensil that can be used to mash the mint leaves

1. Make simple syrup: Heat equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan until just before boiling and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Make up a big batch – say a cup of sugar and a cup of water – than toss it in the fridge … it’ll easily keep for a couple of weeks, during which time you’ll be able to whip up mojitos at a moment’s notice, to the delight of your very fortunate friends.

2. Place the mint leaves and 1 tbsp. of the simple syrup (cooled) in the glass, then squish it all around with a spoon (or whatever appropriate utensil you can find) for 20-30 seconds, until you can smell that good minty smell . . .

3. Cut the lime in half. Squeeze the juice out from both halves into the glass, then drop one half into the glass.

4. Pour in the rum and stir.

5. Add plenty of ice, then top off the mixture with club soda. Garnish with a sprig of mint and enjoy!

Ahhhh, me mouth be watering now!

:lol: Blackbead

Dude I'm allergic to mint B) Normally for as abnormal as I am, I don't make drinks, but I do pour a mean assed nasty root'n toot'n shooter!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Arrrrrrgh! Diego, ye have me sympathies! But, there be many, many fine sipping drinks out there which contain absolutely NO mint at all! And life would be a lesser expedition indeed without NRT shooters!

:unsure: Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Mai Tai

2 oz fine dark rum

4 oz Mai Tai mix

juice of one large lime

Fill a double old fashioned glass with cubed ice and add the ingredients above. Stir well and garnish with fresh mint sprig, pineapple spear, cherry and slice of lime. Substitute 2 oz. of bourbon for the rum, and you've made a HONI HONI.

Fer the lady luv, Scarlet McBayne

Hot Toddy

1 tbsp honey

3/4 glass tea

2 shots brandy

1 slice lemon

Brew tea and fill a tall glass 3/4 full. Mix in honey. Mix in brandy shots. Add lemon slice and enjoy.

Bushwacker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients:

4 oz Cream of coconut

2 oz Kahlua

1 oz(or 2) :o Rum of your choice

1 oz Creme de Cacao

4 oz Half-and-half

2 cups Ice

Vanilla ice-cream (optional)

Mixing instructions:

Throw all the ingredients in a blender. Then blend till mixed. Ice-cream suggested for more milk shake like drink.

I grew up on these things at P'cola Beach...they don't sound so impressive, but man do dey pak-a-punch!

8889961564257193a222f0.gifmirageus1.gif

Well in the days I was still doing S. Faire and in the Military groups over the Memorial Holiday, they would bring in a big tub, tell everybody to bring whatever white liquore they had (some people would bring stuff that was given to them they never drank), it would get poured into the tub and covered with red punch.

Trust me, their Kick-a-poo Joy Juice would knock you on your ass in one mug!

Every once in awhile, I like to layer or mix colorful shots. One favorite is something called "Windex", which is coconut rum with a bit of blue curacao. Or grenadine (bottom), blue curacao (middle) and blackberry brandy (top). Or put Midori in the middle. I'll do a series of these kinds of drinks in assorted shot glasses and put them out on a tray. If you want to do something festive for the holidays, this works well.

RHJMap.jpg

Rum Runner

1 1/2 oz Malibu® coconut rum

1 oz blackberry brandy

3 - 4 oz orange juice

3 - 4 oz pineapple juice

3 - 4 oz cranberry juice

Mix all ingredients in a cocktail glass, and add ice.

Hoo Doo

1 oz Southern Comfort® peach liqueur

1 oz Finlandia® vodka

1/2 oz orange juice

1/2 oz lime juice

1 splash peppermint schnapps

1 splash Sprite® soda

Mix Southern Comfort, Finlandia vodka, orange juice, and lime juice over ice. Top with a splash of peppermint schnapps and sprite.

Shark Bite

3/4 oz Captain Morgan® Original spiced rum

3/4 oz light rum

1/2 oz Blue Curacao liqueur

1 1/2 oz sweet and sour mix

3 drops grenadine syrup

Fill a shaker with ice. Add the spiced rum, light rum, sour, and blue curacco. Shake the ingredients well. Strain into a rocks glass. Garnish with three drops of grenadine.

Neon Iguana

3 oz Captain Morgan® Original spiced rum

2 oz Malibu® coconut rum

2 oz Blue Curacao liqueur

1 1/2 oz lime juice

orange juice

Pour ingredients into a tall glass, stir, and serve.

I tried it last night. Wasn't too bad. Just didn't get the grenadine t' stay in one spot. As soon as it was dropped into the drink, it disappated. It's a cool effect as long as yer the one makin' the drink.