The Holidays are coming...

Christine

I never am ready and I can't stand the Christmas commercials all over the place! It started before Halloween! I also never understood how some people can get all their shopping done in July! What motivates them? Everyone in our family usually buys stuff for each other all thru-out the year. And then gives it to them that same day. Hopefully I'll have Thanksgiving off. I'm scheduled to be off, but no one knows if it will stay that way. Our new manager's last day is Thanksgiving, she gave her 2 week notice. She barely lasted a month. *shakes head* One thing I'm looking forward to is the Christmas decorations at Disneyland. That's always really cool to see! :)

So, are you all ready for the Holidays?

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Yo Ho Ho

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

My two favorite holidays are Christmas and Halloween. I love to decorate the house and drive around seeing other decorations.....We spent last Christmas back east visiting my sister in Maryland and we stayed a few days at Colonial Williamsburg. That was very cool to see everything decorated in period theme....lots of fruit wreaths and candles....very different. Also went to NY City and saw the Rockette's Christmas Special. Froze our asses off, but it was a nice Christmas......

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

I'm not looking forward to 12/25, as I'll be sticking around town, probably packing. I told my family it seems a waste for them to offer up tickets for me to head out west when I'll only be there for a few days (if I had my way, it'd be at least a week).

So...I hope everyone else who celebrates the holidays has a good time doing whatever they do. Me...I don't know what I'll be doing, or how I'll feel about it.

**Halloween is my favorite holiday...I'm already feeling withdrawal.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

I try to have as much stuff as possible done ahead of time (as in at least 2/3 of my shopping), so that I don't stress out around the Holidays. Oftentimes, I'm making some of the gifts (one year it was four shirts and two vests, another year, a couple of bathrobes and shirts) so I have no choice but to plan. Throughout the year, when I'm traveling or at a faire or a store and see something that would make a good gift for someone, I buy it then. And online shopping is the best thing since sliced bread!

I learned my lesson the one year I put everything off and shopped at the last minute. Never again. Talk about seeing the dark underbelly of society - people are so mean when they are stressed and shopping.

RHJMap.jpg

Iam I ready for the holidays you ask? The answer is no. I hate to say this but I am one the those nuts that go out the day after Thanksgiving to get the kids gone. I am usually done x-mas shopping by the middle of December.

THe kids are already bugging me to put up the X-Mas decorations, and Thanksgiving isn't even here yet. :lol: I told them they have to wait until December for that. :lol: Kids gotta love em. :)

Sealegs Constance

I am what I am

Going to Florida keys and dry tortugas for christmas, couldnt be more ready !  :P

Check in on Fort Jefferson. I heard bad things about it. :P It's an impressive place, sitting out there in the middle of nowhere, slowly disintegrating...

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Ready no ever truly ready no Loveing every damn minute of getting ready YES I Love CHRISTMAS. It's my favorite time of year most people I know hate and or loath it me I love it. Trees, lights, friends and Faimily (odd that I use that expression) Just all round good times if you look at it right ( hard sometimes I know) Just got my christmas cards in and as always I'm happy with the results (high price relatively but top notch stuff) only down fall no lass to share it with. Oh well

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

I try to carry the holiday spirit with me all through the year. Not just at Christmas time. (Yeah, I know that sounds corny but it's true.)

Online shopping is a godsend so I buy all year round and put things away in my "cubby hole"; I try not to set foot in a mall or department store after Thanksgiving. As Red-Handed Jill pointed out, people are rude, mean, stressed, angry, and I don't want to be near them.

I spend my holiday season baking tons of cookies to give to the neighbors. My Star Wars group also dresses in costume and does a Toys-4-Tots collection at a big Toys-R-Us store.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

I wish i'd done it sooner.

My best (American) friend always buys things throughout the year she knows people will like whereas i have to find a gift for her and hubby yet.

And think of some little things for the rest..which is about ten people, NO WAY i'll be able to buy gifts for all of them..so i need to come up with some little packages just for fun..soon.

hero.jpg

1. Im already freezing my butt off and its only November....

2. I didn't even start Christmas shopping

3. I have to work Thanksgiving

4. Im sick of walmart not having the stuff I needed 2 months ago for camping when they replaced it with Christmas stuff in september...

5. I don't have much choice to be ready anyway because not much I can do about the rotation of the earth....

:lol:

"A merry life and a short one be my motto"

Avid the PA ren faire, or live nearby? We're trying to start a club/group to do some fun things outside of the faire! www.countyerdoubloons.com/tavern

I'm one of those freaks who could have Christmas all year long. Lots of good memories from being younger. I, too, notice retailers start earlier every year.

I try not to pay too much attention since it's more opportunity for someone to ask you to donate to this or that cause, trying to make you feel guilty for not pitchin' in. I've got a surprise for them, tho'. I care only for me and mine!

:lol:

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Avast, me hearty. Ye must have Mr. Sparrow on the brain, fer there be no Jack postin' 'ere yet! Put down the rum, luv. 'Tis too early in the morn' to be hittin' the bottle. :lol:

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Christmas trees look a little stupid down here in Florida - so we're going with a Palm. Besides, I think JC had them all around him back then. Don't remember pine trees doing well in the desert.

It seems so strange to have them that a couple years ago on the Panhandle the local Winn Dixie was advertising them as Fur Trees. Would like to see one of them...

Otherwise we're off to the holiday processional at Epcot, the Osbourne Family Light Show and the usual Christmas events around here once my cabin boy, Wrong Way gets here from Seattle.

We'll be fresh back from Port Royal so we'll all be in great spirits with a few load of Jamaican Rum in hand...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Awwww.....come on Diego. *holds a miseltoe over Diego* Rummy, come here and fill him up with Holiday cheer! :D

Aye! Rummy can kiss the freckles off an Irishman. But I be fillin her with some a me own holiday cheer! Merry Christmas everyone. And may the spirit of being with your families give you a new love for life!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

• 3 weeks later...