I am going to LA

delmar

Well I am soon to be shipping out.

I am sailing to LA for Nov. 3rd - 7th.

I am staying at the

The Figueroa Hotel

939 South Figueroa Street

Los Angeles, CA 90015

What might be around this location? Anywhere good to go, or play?

Thanks for any help,

Delmar

Hey cool! What's the occassion? Just a little vacation from it all? Hmmm....well, Hollywood Blvd is not too far so ye could check that out. Ye could also check out Universal City Walk and maybe even go into Universal Studios.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Youre in easy bus and metroline distance to go to Chinatown (many good restaurants Ocean Seafood, Samm Woo's Barbque ...), Olvera Street,(place or two with good food) Disney Concert Center, the Music Center, MOCA (Museum of Contemorary Art) and many other places.

One of my favorite places is inbetween Olver Street, Chinatown and Union Station there is a place called Philllpe's. It been there since at least 1916 and claims to have invented the French dip sandwich. The ambience is 1930's the food prices are very inexpensive. Coffee is still only 9 cents! The sandwiches are great and they have beef, turkey, lamb and ham. You can get it single dip (one side of the bread or double dip (both sides dipped). The side sladsa are great and for what the place looks like they have an incredible wine list!

Here a downtown L.A. guide:

http://www.downtownnews.com/dtvg/index1.html

If you have the time come and see me at the Huntington. www.huntington.org

You can get there easiliy by taking the Gold Line from Union Station to and I'll pick you upthe Allen Ave. station. Then you can walk down about a mile or call me. PM me and let me know if and when you want to visit.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

• 3 weeks later...