Bucket Boots

Redd Oktober

Ok, lets try this then Andre (some captain you are, cant even make a picture work?***shut up, quartermaster, and go flog somebody? )

Boots.jpg

Dont you just love it when a plan coming together? :huh:

Andre LeClerc

master of the HTML SS Angelfire

:huh:

"When in the midst of heaving, shipboard fightin, my old pappie use to say----If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second shot across her bow with the bow chaser? Oh wait, I am postin pictures right now?

Boot1.jpg

Andre (by god getting good at this) LeClerc

Bona fide HTML master of the

St. Vitas Dance

"When in the midst of heaving, shipboard fightin, my old pappie use to say----If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin"

And this be me wearin them fancy topped boots in a fandango we braced the St. Vitas at this year---I think it was this year, hell, I stayed drunk the whole time?

AndreLeClerc.jpg

Aye Master LeClerc, after your first couple of attempts, I now spy a fine pair of boots indeed. They appear well broken in and comfortable, great pictures says I. Thanks ya sir!

Now did ya be doing the stitching of the “hang me down cuffs” bits yerself, or did you have a trade craftsmen do that fer ye?

Haven't been happy with commercial boots yet. Most of them are just too damn soft/flimsy to stand up on their own. Best solution I've come up with is to get a good pair of shorter boots, cut the barrel off along the ankle stitching, and sew on a proper high barrel of good stiff leather. Last pair I had was built on a pair of standard Fry boots. They've lasted me close on 10 years but the shoes have finally cracked apart from being wet and dried so many times. Not to mention the gouges from the spurs.

Hawkyns

:lol:

Ahoy Hawkyns,

I thinks yur idea be a fine one. Especially for the gal's whose husband be a diabetic. Me father's a diabetic and wouldn't wear his diabetic shoes. Now he be a peg-legged pirate. Chopped it off BK..below the knee. Yep, yur solution be mighy fine for those wantin to wear the boots but needin today's knowledge on how NOT to lose your leg. :)

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought me a fairly expensive pair o' boots what looks great, from CABoots - Bucket Boots.

I noticed they 'urt me feet while stompin' 'round on 'alloween night. Me wench takes 'em to a cobbler, and 'e tells 'er...

"These 'ere be ridin' boots, no wonder they 'urt the feet."

In other words... These Boots Aren't Made For Walking!

I'm 'opin' some Dr. Scholl's or Odor-Eaters inserts will 'elp the situation.

;)

I talked to Belinda today and she said that the boots will fit a 20'' calf and will streatch a little . I ordered a pair and should get them by next Fri. So I'll let you know how they work out .

:ph34r:

"There is no safe place in the land of Spain.

We'll take the ships and we own the Main."