Real Pirates of the Caribbean

Captain Jim-sib

FYI..........

Had received a communication from Rob Temple of the Schooner

Windfall at Ocracoke. He be going down to Beaufort today to be interviewed, along w/ Blackbeard actor Ben Cherry & David Moore of the NC Maritime Museum/QAR project, by the History Channel. They are currently producing "Real Pyrates of the Caribbean". Shall relay more as it comes available. Also, History Channel's Deep Sea Detectives were filming the QAR site this July for a future show. David Moore enviously said that they had 30' of visibility at the wreck site.

Best regards

I'll be watchin wit enthusiam. Thanx

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Hmm, my correspondence reads 'True Pirates of the Carribean'...'aven't the foggiest on the NC info, I was informed that they'd be filming location and fort stuff out east.Related filming on the West Coast is set for the first/second week in Dec. on Santa Monica Bay...'Tis about timing of a particular grouping of Tallships......As far as I know, all principals and extras are covered, and most ships are already crewed up.

:P

Just received an email from Capt'n Rob Temple of the Ocracoke Schooner Windfall. He said that the 2-hour program is supposed to be air'd sometime this coming June. Makes sense if POTC-II is to be released in July. The History Channel interviewed 14 people yesterday. As fer extras...don't know, & the honorable Royaliste probably is better informed on that topic. The "fort stuff out east" filming may use Ft. Macon, though not of the proper time period, since it is in the neighborhood in Beaufort, NC.

Best regards.

Jim-sib

The skinney I have is that they're looking for some actual era Carribean real estate and forts for their edits...Backers wanted four particular style ships, and they were all on the left coast...Mostly relative to 'other than Blackbeard' pirates. Don'y have the Blackbeard skinney 'cuz I don't captain a large bark.......

:P

• 3 weeks later...

*****UPDATE*****

I've 'eard nary a whisper outta this, so...Our humble part in this endeavor will be filmed the third week of next month over 4 or 5 days in both Dana Point and Marina Del Rey......I'm runnin' bare bones as far as crew, but three or four 'o RR regulars'll be crewin'.....more news when I've got it...It's a swell time to be a salty old pirate, eh??

B)

ROYALISTE Southern California '05, Great Lakes and Fla. '06, East Coast and Carribean '07

*****UPDATE*****

I've 'eard nary a whisper outta this, so...Our humble part in this endeavor will be filmed the third week of next month over 4 or 5 days in both Dana Point and Marina Del Rey......I'm runnin' bare bones as far as crew, but three or four 'o RR regulars'll be crewin'.....more news when I've got it...It's a swell time to be a salty old pirate, eh??

B)

ROYALISTE Souther California '05, Great Lakes and Fla. '06, East Coast and Carribean '07

Woohoo your going to be in pirate fame soon me matey! Perhaps it your big break! :) Be sure to fill us in on the details as ye get em!

"A merry life and a short one be my motto"

Avid the PA ren faire, or live nearby? We're trying to start a club/group to do some fun things outside of the faire! www.countyerdoubloons.com/tavern

Aye!....Methinks we'll be attackin' the Spirit of Dana Point and possibly the brig Pilgrim in Dana Point, and raiding the Lady Washington in Marina Del Rey....I've ordered up two more carronades, so we've an obscene amount of cannon at this junction in RR sailin' careers..And, I'll leak this one early..there's a documentary being filmed next spring starring reenactors, not movie stars.....yup, the Royaliste will be cruisin' the waters there, too!.....

:lol:

ROYALISTE Southern California '05, Great Lakes and Fla. '06, East Coast and Carribean '07

Thanks for all the updates. I just wish I could be there ta help out on any of these fine vessels. Royaliste, there won't be an obscene number of cannons there...the only way they could be obscene is if you did nasty things with them, like fondling them too much (a little petting or kissing the gunner's daughter is normal). Other than that, the more the marrier. Also, I noticed you seem to be doing a circumnavigation of the U.S. in the next couple of years. Good luck in that and hopefully I'll run into you on the way.

Coastie B)

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Aye, Coastie!..We don' fondle 'em much, but we do shove long rods in tight places and touch the other end with lit objects! :blink: Yup, not only will we be traversing the Great Lakes twice next year, then it's off thru Canada, with the next leg of the adventure doing the New York State Canal System for the Battle of Plattsburgh etc., then down the East Coast. ASTA's race series for 2007 is the East and Carribean, so..a lot of very historic, interesting seamiles ahead.......See ya somewhere, mate..

:wacko:

Received a communication from maritime author James L. Nelson. He, too, was interviewed for this program.

Also, found this while e-surfing the other day....

Look like a good place to add this: The Deep Sea Detectives Schedule for next year:

Coast Guard Disaster

North Carolina

Spring 2006

Blackbeard's Final Challenge

North Carolina

Spring 2006

Message Case Mystery

Miliwaukee

Spring 2006

Great Lakes Ghost Ship

Miliwaukee

Spring 2006

Lone Wolf Production Link: http://www.lonewolfdg.com/index.php

Best Regards

Here's the lastest dispatch we've 'pirated'....Looks like the brig Pilgrim will be able to be used for stage work (no sailing), but that's waay cool, as the 'ole brig needed some exposure!...Spirit of Dana Point will be sailing, Royaliste will be sailing, and the fourth vessel has remained 'elusive' due to scheduling and 'poor visibility'....more later, mates....

B)

I belive this is the production that Christine Lampe (No Quarter Given) is in and helped out with the history.

Hmm, that's indeed interesting! We know nuthin' of the principal's or anything, (we're just a big, floatin' prop,eh?)....oughtta be fun, altho' for us, there's a couple 'o long transits involved, which generally leave us cranky and tired....oh well, that's sailin'...and piracy!

Stand Down, and ye may just live...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A brutal overnight transit from Dana Point to Marina Del Rey, but wot the 'eck, eh?.......

:ph34r:

Oh and Captain, don't eat at the seafood restaurant next to El Torito's in Marina Del Rey. It has done in many a seafaring souls.

Be aware, says I.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Well, the water scenes be done, and good thing, too..The title is 'True Carribean Pirates'...Kinda cool, but they threw out the 'period historical accuracy', so..I'll be watchin' it with the volume off...Now we're stuck in Marina Del Rey till the heavy swell hazards are over (Christmas stuck in a strange hole).....I really got a charge out of the rubber weaponry!

Royaliste and Lady Washington are in front of DelToritos, not too bad in harbor now; yesterday, the Lady tore loose from the dock, and we had a bit of damage to the bow....Best part was all of the producers wantin' to go outside, until we sailed 'em right up to the sea wall, and they saw firsthand the waves 13 feet higher than the wall!...the swells actually made it over and caused about a one foot swell throughout the harbor..We're shorthanded, the crew having to book it to all points for the holidays, so..Kathy and I are looking at a rough transit tomorrow...