Talk Like a Pirate Day!!!!

...because it's Friday, yer a pirate, an' ye got Pirate Talk t' be speakin'!

Or something...

So what're ye all doin', if anythin'? It's a pirate holiday, ye gotta 'ave somethin' on yer agenda.

So far, not too much for me t'day. Just work 'til about quarter t' five or so..then I'm off to th' water where th' REAL fun begins!!!

:huh:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Well...

Now, don't get me wrong. I didn't forget that the 19th was "Talk Like A Pirate Day." I just forgot that yesterday was the 19th. Shame on me.

I should be flogged (please)!

But, I did come down with some type of sinus/allergy "crud" that made me growl a lot and tell Bob the Swab, "back off and live" when he touched the television remote control.

IOW: I was downright mean.

How's that, me hearties?

B)

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

I were wearin' me button the whole day and come suppertime me crew - first mate and cabin boys - gots our pirate togs on and sailed our vessel ter a party with me other shipmates.

I brought plunder from a pirates' favorite resturaunt - Arrrrrby's, and there be grog and food aplenty that the others brought. Many sea dogs were there in pirate dress and we be watchin' pirate movies on a 10 foot screen with surround sound. Arrr.

The first movie were "Blackbeard's Ghost" for the cabin boys and girls, then it were "The Pirate Movie" (not my choice - it were a vote and I be losin' it), and finally, "Captain Blood". It be the next day by my timepiece by the time we set sail fer home.

I be postin' pictures when I gets them.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Arrrrggghhhh, didn't go anywhere yesterday, so all I gots to talk to was me parrot. Well ifn' ye count the wrong number on the phone from some guy with south of the border accent who didn't understand a bit of English, when I said, "Aye matey, ye got the wrong number."

RumbaRue

**You there go hoist something** B)

I wore me shirt vest and head scarf. Jumped on the counter at lumber all day screwming we had no lumber only timbers. Gave compasses and plastic gold coins to the kiddies ans some comely wenches. :P

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Weeeeeeelllll, ended up marooned on land ... in doors and started celebrations a tad too early ... much rum was consumed, lost me legs in the process and ate chocolate supplied by a handy landlubber who entertained me with SPOT ON Capt. Jack impressions ... quite made me forget myself :lol:

:ph34r:

Just Cause You're The Bad Guy, Don't Mean You're Gonna Lose Them All.

On Friday, I went out wearin' me best tricorner'd hat, and me pirate coat, and wandered down to me lake, to find someone...anyone.... to talk to!

But there weren't no one around...so I went back home and sent incomprehensible e-mails to all in me address book!

Figure's If a couldn't be a- talkin' like a pirate in person, I'd be doin' it on me computer.

Sorta sad...really.

:huh: Hmmm, well, sailed out under the Golden Gate Bridge, shot cannons at 3 other ships, ran thru an America's Cup Race, and drank a bit 'o rum....a pretty fair start on the day...... :huh:

ARRR!

An' the Cap'n be returned t' the land o' the computer-livin', it appears! Goes t' show ye a piece o' hardware don' keep a good pirate down!

So what did th' ailment turn out t' be?

:huh:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

:huh: Ahoy one and all! Ol' Chumbucket and I started the day at four in the a.m. with radio interviews that went on all day until six p.m. when we took the tour of publick houses here in Albany, Oregon. At about midnight, a doctor friend brought me back home more exhasted than drunk. I woke up sicker than a parrot's what's been sittin' in an igloo fer a week o' Sundays and am still sufferin' from what I can only assume to be "Sarrrrrrs!" (sorry :huh: )

Thank ye all for celebratin' with the world! Our site www.talklikeapirate.com received more than six million hits...but she stayed afloat thanks to the quick thinkin' pirates at our server, Peak Internet.

So, next year, we're thinkin' "Talk Like a Pirate Day Weekend." Not that it matters to most of ye, what speaks pirate all year... :huh:

Cap'n Slappy :huh:

Thank ye all for celebratin' with the world! Our site www.talklikeapirate.com received more than six million hits...but she stayed afloat thanks to the quick thinkin' pirates at our server, Peak Internet.

Wow.

Six. Million. Hits.

That's a lot o' cannons there, mate. Ye got yerself a website o' steel. :huh:

Thanks to ye, Cap'n Slappy! Wi'out yer weblinks, I'd ha' ne'er found this 'ere crew o' raucous wharf rats! Ye'll not 'ave to pay fer yer grog fer at least another week!

*checks loot bag*

Make that fer another 20 minutes or so! :huh:

Rumors of my death were right on the money.

Aye, a toast to Capt'n Slappy and Old Chumbucket - and the wenches what keeps yer site afloat (I knows the power behind the mast, ye scurvey sea dogs). :huh:

I likes the weekend fer talkin' and playin' pirate; we be able to see many more pirate movies over ter weekend than just one night.

Arrrrrrr.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.