Hand Cannon

HarborMaster

I know these are "Not period"., However I am having fun with them.

This particular one I just bored for a pilot., and need to finish at .32 caliber. A pirate will need a cigar to fire it however the other I am working on is 1 3/4" longer and is a .62 caliber.

They make decent paperweights and conversation pieces at Ren Faires.

HCannon01.jpg

HCannon02.jpg

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

That is really cool! You should think about getting a patent and marketing those... I'd definately buy one!

(hint)

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

Thanke gents., the next one is a sort of Napoleon style cannon with a little bit differant handle. I will post a few photos of it in this particular thread once I get the brazing finished and then polished out.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Thanke gents., the next one is a sort of Napoleon style cannon with a little bit differant handle. I will post a few photos of it in this particular thread once I get the brazing finished and then polished out.

HCannon03.jpg

I cannot be sure yet about a production run of these yet? Kinda depends on my castor .,mold costs.,labor.,material and shipping. I do have my Napoleon barrel finished and am curently working on the handle design and milling., soon I will braze it on the barrel and post pics of it., at that point We will see which one people like more., then I will send it in to the castor for a quote on 12 pieces. the napoleon is .50 caliber.

Cost is the factor If the castor wants say 25.00 to 30.00 after shipping per unit the price may be too high to warrant a production?

Also the old english pistol is only 4" ., tho it may look cool The Napoeon being 5 3/4 may be a bit more comfortable to hold and therefore a beter choice to cast.

Also a heads up on affordable cannons.

I found out about a castor making 1/4 scale napoleons at 23" long and with a 1" bore., powder charges are small and still VERY loud and have considerable muzzle velocity for 185.00 Barrel only.

Thats cheap enough anyone can own a cannon if you build your own naval carriage..., which is not very difficult if you know where Home Depot is.

I ordered 2 for starters., and if I like what I see .,(I am sure I will) then I probably will order 4 more for our S.E. Asian Scuba diving catamaran camper special we plan on using at Tropico Beach and Marina .

Here is the link to Grey Star Industries. Cannon Maker Grey Star According to TIm these take only 2 weeks to cast and ship.

• 3 weeks later...

harbormaster, is there any update on the pistol cannons , i've got one of the grey star 6lb 1\3 scale barrels and made a deck carrage for it works great, have'nt been able to find any thing the right size to fire out of it yet except 7/8 round wooden balls from the craft store . and i WILL be fireing it at PIP in key west in 3 weeks!!!

No updates as of yet Willie ., Been so busy as of late. I too got 2 Grey star 6 lb's from Tim as well a few days ago. Arent they great. I bought the 1/3 scale also. We used a rubber disk sander for a drill with 60 grit and ALL the casting has come off.,these will blackenup smooth ! For Shot you could get fishing weights ,. but you better have alot of room., a lead ball will travel along way! with a 1' bore I wouldnt get a weight any bigger than 15/16's leave a little windage for safety.

Please Keep us posted on your Cannon Carriage build, Photos are good too!

• 2 months later...

harbor master, is there any thing new on the derringer cannon , also i hear you be sailing down to the warmer waters of tampa for gaspiralla its a great fest we went last year , i got's work duty this time so we'll miss out , iff'n ye be over to the east coast of fla (cocoa beach area) look me up to burn up some black powder ,AHHH cannon smoke does a body good fair winds to you , willie wobble

• 2 weeks later...

No update yet on the hand cannon. The caster wants too much really to rplicate it for resale. My personal one has only a 1/4" bore still I have not bumped it up to the .50 caliber it should be as of yet.

Gasparilla was awesome., we took about 300 photos. :ph34r:

I always resented the fact that Florida gets hit by hurricanes and FEMA pays alot of the bill ., which is me and everyone else. I dont feel that way anymore..,I have seen about 25 states now and Florida is by far the most beautiful and I now understand why people want to live there no matter what. Florida is AWESOME.

However I did come home with a bad limp and am still recovering. :huh: