Random Topics

Patrick Hand

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am peaved... and I am upset.....

Equile rights just went out the window.....

men and women are not judged the same....

So why the heck did I ever think we should be treated the same......

Example... a woman gets caught having sex with some boys (underage....) she goes free...... If I did the same...(well with underage girls)... dang... I'd be saying "Hi" to Bubba my new cell mate.....

SO ... can anyone explaine to me HOW that is fair .... how Woman's rights and men's are so different.......

Why a Woman get judged by one set of rules ... and a man by others.......

Equil rights just took a dump.........

I can tell you why, at least from the perspective of having made an (all be it zero budget) indie film.

It's because NO ONE & I mean no one can write a decent script these days.

What?!? What else does and indie film have going for it?!

Personally, I think it's either laziness or herd behavior. I was watching The Science of Sleep which was really interesting (as well as rather uneven and emotionally overwrought in places - but I sort of expect some of that), but they copped out in the end. Had it had an ending, I would have been more inclined to recommend it as being worth 2 hours of time spent. As it is, nah. You've got to have some observation and what it all means at the end, don't you?

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Ahh Calvin and Hobbes....this one is classic..it's almost the exact conversation I had with my little bro when I was making faces on the way in to elementray school and my mom threatened me with just such a tale...lol I never forgot it,,

C-n-H.jpg

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

William recently asked .."What ship would you steal if you could?"

I believe this one would do just fine...

ship.jpg

:blink:....Aye....It woulde.....

oh yess....somebody stop me...woagh....

I heard someone the other day say "I wouldn't trust myself (in that situation)" which makes me wonder, how can you not trust yourself.

Other people, yeah I can see that. You can't ever really know what is going on in their heads so it's hard to trust them fully. But yourself? Is not trusting yourself (in a tempting situation) a lack of willpower, a lack of self confidence, something else?

I just can't imagine not trusting myself. If it weren't for trusting myself, I'd trust no one & that is a sad thought.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

It might not be lack of self-confidence, but lack of knowledge. There are many situations in which I would not trust myself, because I would be totally out of my element. Under those circumstances, I could actally be a danger to others, not just myself. I would have to trust someone else with greater knowlege, and learn from the experiece.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Trust...

First I need to believe...then true trust comes

Aye...sometimes feel I'm still learning that one..

I've discovered that my university is offering a history class this summer called "Pirates, Outlaws and Rebels." I'm so taking it! This could be either really really good, or really really bad...

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear, and life stands explained." --Mark Twain

Be glad ya got boobs to squash, Rumba. For me, it's kinda pitiful watching them attempt to find something to squish. One nurse once told me that, "We can make anyone look bigger on film." Then she looked at my "pictures" and said, "Well, it doesn't always work." :huh:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

More than a handful is too much, right?

I was sagely explaining this to a group of friends when I was in college (the dark ages) who were lasciviously discussing girls when some wag said, "Yeah, but in your case it's 'More than a handful for a raccoon...'" (See, I used to like awfully thin girls before I realized that it was wholly irrelevant to happiness in a relationship.) I believe I left soon after that as the discussion just sort of went downhill from there.

On another note, I used to want a step van with a table and refrigerator so that we could all hang out and play Euchre in the parking lot when I was in college. It's harder to leave a discussion when it's in your step van, however.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

What hosiery problems are the rest of ya experiencing?

finding period appropriate wool stockings for a 6 year old stinks! I'd really rather not have to scale a pattern to make cut cloth ones 'cause for once I'm feeling too lazy about it.

I'm wisely not talking about shoes. That's an entirely different rant!

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Hey Chloe:

I can empathize. I had trouble finding garters to hold up my pseudo-period stockings for a Regency ball. I wound up sewing my own from elastic and lace and they turned out rather surprisingly well. They kept my stockings up most of the night, despite rather vigourous Country Dancing. I did have to hitch them up periodically, but I was drunk from the pre-dinner rum-tasting party by then, so I didn't have too many inhibitions and just hiked them up right there on the dancefloor in a very un-Jane-Austen-like manoeuvre.

Imagine the look Colin Firth would have had on his face if he'd seen me:

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Hey... I liked that movie.... (thanks for the link to the clip)....

Hey...... And I was routin' fer Darcy............ And he got the babe........

Oops..... we were talkin' bout socks.... not Pride and Predgies (awh heck however its spelled)

:lol: and all I can think is how the heck to they talk and dance at the same time. I have to use all my brain power to remember which direction to go!

You can use my "Do it Yourself Pyrate Report" generator! 

If they start talking about how pirates were essentially trying to rebel against the strict rules of the Navy and form democratic societies on sea, lock the instructor in a room with Ed Foxe for an hour.

I remember that report! That should go into the history books of cyberspace.

I think it's all Foxe's fault that I can't discuss the history of piracy with most people anymore. A friend tried to tell me about how mythbusters proved that pirates wore eyepatches so their eyes would adjust to the dark quicker, and I had to bite my lip, nod, and excuse myself before I started arguing. :huh:

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear, and life stands explained." --Mark Twain

At the moment... I can hear my neighbor (right beside my room as we live in an apartment complex)... and, he's none too quiet either screwing someone. :huh:

Kinda something I don't want to hear right now. Long story.

It's not gross... just... something that bothers me at current and don't want to hear it.

~Lady B

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Um...turn up the tunes..ooh or you could put on a good horror movie quite loud and kill their mood for some peace.. :ph34r:

Today's soup in the terminal is Tuscan Vegetable...mmmm floating little pita chip boats in it...I think i need some sleep lol! :ph34r:

I can hear my neighbor

Old Joke....

"Sounds like the lady next door is having a fit...."

"And a tight one at that......."

<_<

The next time you hear your neighbor's ...... eeergh ...welll..... you know....

That joke will pop into your head, and your laughing will drown out thier noises........ <_<

I don't get it. Why cancel stuff for tonight because of the "weather". Yeah it's snowing & nasty & yeah it's April, so it shouldn't be like this. But people, this is Wisconsin. We get worse weather than this in January & don't bat an eye lash. Do those two months mean that everyone has forgotten how to drive in snow or something?