Random Topics

Patrick Hand

It's SNOwing iT'S snowing aaaaghhhhhhh!!!!!!

::Runs about screaming and flailing:: B)B)B)B)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis Tritt's "It's a Great Day to Be Alive"

I don't listen to country, so I don't know the song..... But it has a nice title tho.... I'll have to ask someone about the song now....... B)

Thanks Jill.... I always like looking at picture of myself...... B) (those are two of my favorite ones also......)

It's SNOwing iT'S snowing aaaaghhhhhhh!!!!!!

::Runs about screaming and flailing:

I use some more colorfull words than that when it starts to snow.... but they are not PG-13, so I can't post them here..... You'd think someone that hates snow as much as I do would live somewhere that it didn't snow.........

So far this year, it's only snowed a little bit, (just been dang cold)... but I think it will be like last year, and snow like *&$^ in March, then not clear-up untill April........

I just looked up th' words.....

Now I wanna listen to the song.....

Dang... there are a lot of parts in it that Do sound a lot like me...... B)

Artist/Band: Travis Tritt

Lyrics for Song: It's A Great Day To Be Alive

Lyrics for Album: Down the Road I Go

(Darrell Scott)

I got rice cooking in the microwave

Got a three day beard I don't plan to shave

And it's a goofy thing but I just gotta say

Hey I'm doing alright

Yeah I think I'll make me some homemade soup

Feelin pretty good and that's the truth

It's neither drink nor drug induced

No I'm just doin alright

And it's a great day to be alive

I know the sun's still shinin when I close my eyes

There's some hard times in the neigborhood

But why can't every day be just this good?

It's been fifteen years since I left home

Said good luck to every seed I'd sown

Give it my best and then I left it alone

Oh...I hope their doin alright

Now I look in the mirror and what do I see?

A lone wolf there starin back at me

Long in the tooth but harmless as can be

Lord I guess he's doin alright

Sometimes it's lonely

Sometimes it's only me

And the shadows that fill this room

Sometimes I'm fallin

Desperately callin

Howlin at the moon...

Ahwoo!

Ahwoo!

Well I might go get me a new tattoo

Or take my old Harley for a three day cruise

Might even grow me a Fu Man Chu...

Oh Aww!

LOL Patrick, yes those words did come to mind...(snow) but I couldn't post em here..However I shall save the choicest words for the people who dont salt, sand or plow..yah thanks highway department. I always enjoy a good risky 62 mile drive at 10:30pm..

BTW.. nice pics!

On a separate note, as I sit here in my blue fluffy robe and one sock because I stepped in the dog's &^*% water again..oh how I hate wet socks!! B)

But eating Korv (a sort of Sweedish baloney type sausage thingy) and toast while reading, I opened my mail to find a lovely surprise. It was a birthday card from False Ransom! With a nice picture of a ship firing a cannon, stickers and a compass rose stamped on it. It also contained a note written in a nice antique print (an n Ransom no, I dont mind ye typed it! LOL) It said "The Rakehell fires a Birthday salute to Red Cat!"

Thank you so much Ransom! You made me laugh as well. T'was quite the nicest thing to find at the end of a long day. Thank You!

Here's to friends no matter where they be B)B)

Pleasure was all mine, Cat! :(

Glad you liked it.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Well Mr. Hand... I always start them out with my socks on :( ....

and one sock because I stepped in the dog's &^*% water again..oh how I hate wet socks!! B)

Argh! I hate that too. Snow puddles especially.

Of course I'm wearing 3 socks so that makes up for your one right. :(

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Well bein yer female I won't make th first joke that came t' mind.. (I kin hear Patrick laughing..)

But 3 socks..... two feet...is there summin yer hidin from us Jane? Have ye one leg an 3 socks on the other foot,....or two feet, two socks and the mystery foot cozy somewhere else? Me thinks it's too small for a hat..

;)

;) two feet n no extra parts. I ken assure ye o that.

One o me feet is a bit smaller than tha other. Two socks on tha one foot n I ken wear tha same sized shoes (today it be my pretty lachet shoes with green ribbons ;) )

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Aye, they look nice too!

Dang..... didn't get nothing done tonight.....

Had four hot buttered rums and posted here in th' Pub......

That's it.......

Goin'ta nuke dinner, and maybe read a bit before going ter bed..........

(And try not to think too dirty of thoughts 'bout women just in thier fuzzy bathrobes and socks...... :mellow: )

Maybe we'll go to bed thinking of men in fuzzy bathrobes and socks! Maybe in three socks :mellow:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Skip the bathrobe....

No wait.. the third sock.. :mellow:

...........unless it's really cold

Add some DiSaronno an now yer talkin!

Skip the bathrobe....

No wait.. the third sock.. :huh:

...........unless it's really cold

^

^ Patrick, thats what I was gettin at lol!

If it was really cold, they'd only need a bobby sock. :huh:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Well after some very serious thinking, we traded in my Toyota truck yesterday for a brand new Toyota Sienna Minivan, dark grey.

It really came down to A. did we need the truck for the purpose for which I had originally purchased it for (pulling a trailer), the answer was no. B. it was extremely difficult to load my scooter in and out of the bed, having to use heavy 10ft. pieces of wood as a ramp to do so, made it impossible for me to do it on my own, therefore restricting where I could go on my own.

So those two things which were major were the reasons for getting rid of the truck.

When I had my Dodge Caravan, I absolutely loved it and I really did miss having a minivan in which that could hold a load and be covered from the elements of weather and being able to use it to sleep in when a tent couldn't be used.

I am quite happy with the new purchase and it's certainly a whole lot better on gas, (19 city driving and 26 for highway) and it has a 22 gallon gas tank.

Yup, it's a whole lot lower to the ground, as I have already discovered, scraping the low front end underneath and the side rails on the driveways in and out of our apartment complex. But it's extremely comfortable, lots of leg room, seats in the very back can fold down out of the way, and the middle seats can be folded forward or even removed easily for more room. The engine is so quite, it's hard for me to tell if it's even on, and wow can it make really tight turns!

So the next time some of you see me whether it be at a Renaissance Faire/pirate event, or just visiting, you'll get to see my new van. :ph34r:

I’m generally no one to vent in public, but sometimes it does a mind good to do so. And since I know some of you as well or better than I know my own neighbors (funny ol’ world, innit?) I guess this is as good a place as any. Well, seeing as how this is a random thread and what I have to rant on about is really random, here goes.

Four months ago my wife and I took into our house one of her nieces and her two children, ages one and two-and-a-half. (We have a five year old of our own.) The niece and the kids had been living on the street, in cars and in dive hotels for about two months when we found out and intervened. There were drugs (pot, cocaine, and heroin) alcohol and a felonious, violent boyfriend (who is also the sperm donor) involved. The family warned us against taking them in (even the niece’s mother, grandmother to the children) as the niece was a habitual liar. But as there were children involved, we acted.

Many broken promises, much lying (the family was right about that) and more felonious shenanigans followed. The children were not being well cared for, even under our roof. The room we gave them reeked of dirty diapers and stale milk. There were all-night binges that the niece would take the kids to, even after the one-year-old was hospitalized for a severe staph infection. When enough got to be too much we read her the riot act. Rules were written. We had told her when she moved in that this was the last turnaround on the highway to hell, and if she moved out without turning her life around we would make it our life’s goal to take those kids from her. We reiterated that point during the reading of the act.

Two weeks ago last Friday she dumped the kids at an acquaintance’s roach infested trailer during a night of tequila and prescription pain killers. A borrowed truck was vandalized, then not returned and subsequently reported stolen. The acquaintance who got stuck with the kids called us. We collected the (completely filthy) kids and, not having heard directly from the niece all weekend (we got reports from others), we legally took the kids the next Monday.

For two weeks we have gone armed wherever we go (dad is a violent felon, and we took his kids), we had to take time off to run the government-go-round and make it all official (including fingerprinting and background checking us) and we set up state help with daycare expenses and such.

I’ve been a little busy of late.

But the kids sleep through the night now, their infections are gone and the two year old stopped having nightmares.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...