Random Topics

Patrick Hand

so I'm sitting at my computer, as I do most every day, YIM is open and a window pops up:

"hi"

"hello"

We have a very breif conversation, he's from chicogo, I'm from NJ, weathers nice, he has C.P.etc. I soon tell him I have to go I and he asks if he can addd me to his friends list. "Sure"

Five hours later I am on again, window pops up:

"hi"

"hello"

"met a few more weirdos"

"yes, there are quite a few out there"

"do you have a boyfriend?"

"yes" ...even though I don't

"delete and block me"

"ok, thought we could talk, but if you want I will"

"tell him to get his whore away from me how aboutt that"

"now wait a moment, I'm just making conversation"

"get lost"

"you have NO rght to call me a whore!"

"GET LOST"

"you contacrted me! Good life to you!"

"AND I GOING TO DO MORE IF YOU IM ME AGAN, ADD ME TO YOUR INORE YOU NOT FAIR IF YOU TOLD ME ON YOUR PROFILE YOU HAVE A BF I WOULDNT HAVE BOTHER"

:D

So I ask you who's the weirdo? :D My profile says I am single, for all he knows I just met my boyfriend today! Geeze ...Takes all kinds!

Wonder if he knew I have friends in low places! :D:D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was driving home and I saw one of those electronic road signs that can change messages which said "EXPECT POSSIBLE DELAYS." I kept trying to figure out why that didn't make sense. How can you expect something that's possible? Doesn't that make it likely?

I mean, if it said, "EXPECT DELAYS," well, then, I'd know what I was in for. If it said "POSSIBLE DELAYS," it wouldn't be a proper sentence, but I'd get that point and I could at least hope for the best. And if it, by chance, said "EXPECT POSSIBLE," that would have launched me into a whole different train of thought and I'd have had to drive on autopilot while I contemplated the expectation of the possible.

Maybe it should have said, "EXPECT PROBABLE DELAYS." Nah, it's still seems funny. Perhaps "EXPECT INEVITABLE DELAYS." No ambiguity there. Maybe they should only give the road commish signs with two lines on them.

How about "EXPECT UNAMBIGUOUS DELAYS?"

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Yes.

DITTO...in spades.

remember that the 360 pages connect everyone you know to everyone they know, unless you have it set differently. Say that a friend of yours asks to join your 360 group, but you use it mainly for family. I would say no politely and sadly, but with my family on there I won't share it. Its sad when you have to be so careful and with friends...

---------------------------------------------

I have had a stalker use that and my yahoo groups to keep tabs on me.. not sure if he made it here or not, but he knows where I live and what my house looks like, thanks to county tax records. He joined a yahoo group that I did too... shivers...

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Fortunatly I don't have a yahoo 360 yet and when I finish it I will make it by invite only. Additionally I don't share my real neme with those who approach me on IM unless I have been chatting for a while or know them from elsewhere. Finally, I won't be on the computer nearly as much once I'm back to work in a few weeks ...no stalkers yet.

:unsure:B)

I think Abbi Hoffman would love the internet, with his idea of total free speech. I do not disagree with his right to yell "fire" in a crowded room, BUT I believe that if he were to do so, he would be responsible for any damage done, or anyone that got hurt.

Now this brings me to Trolls and Internet Stalkers. Because people feel anonymous when they post on the Internet, they think they can type anything that they want. And that they are not in the least bit responsible for anything that they post.

Everyone has to go through a Service Provider if they want to use the Internet. They have to register to post in most groups. And they have to agree with the "Terms of Use" to post. Any violation can easily be tracked back to the original sender's Service Provider and reported. If I were to commit a crime using the Internet, and "stalk" someone, and that person reported it (with proof) to my service Provider that would get me booted off their system, and reported to the police. If they are using a Public computer, such as at a library, they still have to log in through the library, and can be tracked.

Ah, yes... but I still think it's irresponsible to yell "Movie!" in a crowded firehouse. With the quality of movies today, it would cause a stampede for the exits.

I have a lovely, funny story to tell... my wife and I were walking through a local mall on Friday, and Janelle decided she wanted to look at all the craft show stuff on display. For a lark, I went into the local Spencer's Gifts, to see if they had any pyraty stuff on sale. I cruised through the store, flirted with the gal dustin the dildos, and finally ran upon this display of light sabres (at $100 a pop), and started to play with on. nicely balanced, and solid on one's hand. I was mildy impressed. The next I knew, there was the sound of another light sabre activating behind me. The sales girl had grabbed on, and was challenging me!

So, the match was on. I activated my sabre, and she said "listen to what happens when it hits something." And she swung her sabre, full force, right at me. I caught her blade, and deflected it, then struck a fencing pose. She grinned, and said "Finally! Someone who knows how to handle a blade!"

She lunged, and I deflected, striking a blow agains her left side. I fell back into a ready pose, watching her eye the entire time. She smiled, and lunged again. This went on for about 15 minutes, with her hacking and slashing, and me deflecting and tagging her. She never got within the first six inches of my blade.

Bottom line is that we had one hell of a bout, and although I did not buy a sabre, she sold six because of our tilt within the store.

I might still buy one, maybe two. They're fun to play with! :unsure:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

I was at my sister's place over Easter and her son has some of the toy lightsabers - I would image they run about $20-$40. They have the lights, sound-effects when struck and pretty decent balance. One of the toys even has coloured lightsaber "crystals" that you put into the handle (for all you SW fiction fans).

They're probably not quite as nicely balanced as the ones you were playing with, but I'm sure they won't hurt your pocketbook as much either. Check T-backwards R-U.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

so I'm sitting at my computer, as I do most every day, YIM is open and a window pops up:

"hi"

"hello"

We have a very breif conversation, he's from chicogo, I'm from NJ, weathers nice, he has C.P.etc. I soon tell him I have to go I and he asks if he can addd me to his friends list. "Sure"

Five hours later I am on again, window pops up:

"hi"

"hello"

"met a few more weirdos"

"yes, there are quite a few out there"

"do you have a boyfriend?"

"yes" ...even though I don't

"delete and block me"

"ok, thought we could talk, but if you want I will"

"tell him to get his whore away from me how aboutt that"

"now wait a moment, I'm just making conversation"

"get lost"

"you have NO rght to call me a whore!"

"GET LOST"

"you contacrted me! Good life to you!"

"AND I GOING TO DO MORE IF YOU IM ME AGAN, ADD ME TO YOUR INORE YOU NOT FAIR IF YOU TOLD ME ON YOUR PROFILE YOU HAVE A BF I WOULDNT HAVE BOTHER"

:lol:

So I ask you who's the weirdo? :lol: My profile says I am single, for all he knows I just met my boyfriend today! Geeze ...Takes all kinds!

Wonder if he knew I have friends in low places! :huh::lol:

Obviously it's all in your technique. You clearly do a lot better when you start out by kissing some guy on Pyracy. Then you end up with a dedicated conversation buddy! :lol:;):lol::lol:

Kidding aside, Silkie, I'm sorry you had to run into such a psycho loser.

IC. I get enough of them without going to chat rooms. I have never had them ask quite so abruptly though ...one or two perhaps. YIM and ...something about my photo ...but it is entertaining so for now ...I will leave it as is!

:rolleyes: