Random Topics

Patrick Hand

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm partial to creepy Asian ghost movies myself...

Although I must admit that Shaun of the Dead is one of my favorite movies of all time - I still laugh ever time I see it! And I also liked Land of the Dead as well.

I love Shaun of the Dead! I laughed so hard over it, it's great! Whenever it comes on the movie channels I'll always check it out. :rolleyes:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Ohh...Shaun of the Dead was a RIOT! I'd caught a few of George Romero's greats again just before Shaun ended up in the cheap theatres in town. I went there (spent 65 cents on a ticket, and $7.50 on snackage), and thoroughly enjoyed that flick.

Yah know...mentioning the ghost Asian flicks, I have to tell you that as much as I like the Ring and Ringu movies, and anything similar to them, I have to say those creep me out as much, if not moreso than the "aliens bursting from somebody" movies. Ring and its predecessors and cousins seem to toss in a great combination of quiet suspence and utterly terrifying cinematography and effects. Those were the movies that I had trouble with at the end of the night, sleeping with my tv on (turned to a channel with something positive on it).

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

i have photos taken in the cemetery that was the setting for nioght of the living dead. went to visit a friend in bulger 4 years ago and he took me to the cemetery!

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Didn't know where else to post this.....an amazing and very touching greeting card...

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?...code=1545489532

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

• 2 weeks later...

Hey …. Did you know that you can scramble eggs in a microwave….. Dump two eggs in a coffee cup, nuke them for one minute, stir them, then nuke for another minute, and stir them up and then eat… almost no mess, and it’s easy….. Dang…. Better living through technology…. :lol:

I'm kinda leary about eggs in microwaves... Kinda like dryin out Grammas poodle... :) BOOM!

Seriously though, yeah that's a great bachelor/ single parent trick, and here's another:

Grilled cheese sandwich without all the mess:

Toast two pieces of bread

Butter if you like, on one side.

add 1 or 2 slices of cheese to the buttered side, cover with other slice of bread, buttered side down on cheese.

Nuke for 15 seconds and you're done!

Ahh the amazing advents of living simple in a complicated world!

Capt. Bo

Yah... and the cool part of it, is there aren't a buncha dirty frying pans to wash up after eating......

Hey ... without a dog, I have to wash the dishes... can't just have the dog lick em clean fer me....... :lol:

gotta love th' microwave......

Kinda obvious that I'm single ain't it ?..........

OK, I'm in trouble. I made the mistake of remarking that on the new Doctor Who series, the Doctor's assistant (Billie Piper) looks remarkably like a girl I dated (almost married) back in the late 80's. Damn my loose tongue. So, what do I do? The proverbial cat's out of the bag, and the wifey's a bit irate. Shall I just drink more and hope it all blows over? :D:D:D :)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

I've never been married. I don't understand the problem either. That was in the past. You have choosen your wife and have choosen to be faithful to her. I'm only seeing this from one side but it seems to me that your love for your wife has been proven by you sticking with her in sickness add in health, for richer for poorer ...I'd like to hear another womans rational also.

Jack, you didn't make any comments about how hot/sexy/beautiful this actress was before you mentioned the resemblence did you?

If you did it could just be that the wifey is worried that you consider the ex more desireable than her. If this is the case make sure you lavish her with compliments about how gorgeous she is and let her know she is the hottest thing on two legs (unless she has a peg leg! Then she's the hottest thing on one leg :D )

I'm sure it will blow over in no time :D

I was going to suggest finding another good looking celebrity who bears a plausible resemblance to your wife, and comment on that resemblance too. (But then, not being a particularly good judge of the female mind myself, I wasn't sure whether that would backfire.)

Ugh, this is why I don't like marriage. Most women get all weird like that. I find it annoying! I personally would not be offended. I actually find Billie Piper very hot! If it were me sitting there when you said this I'd be saying, "find your ex and get her over here to play with us both!" :D I'm just not your typical woman. :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I guess that depends on what you said. If you kept going on and on about how gorgeous Billie Piper was and compared your wife unfavorably, then that would obviously be an unwise thing to do. However, just commenting that an actor or actress is attractive and happens to resemble an ex isn't the worst thing. If your ex wasn't attractive to you, you wouldn't have gotten involved with her in the first place. (Just a guess...)

IMO the prudent thing to do is to reiterate why you're married to your wife and not your ex and why you are still together all these years.

Most of the women I know don't get all weird about that. I've seen guys get weird about that, though.

RHJMap.jpg

ooks remarkably like a girl I dated (almost married) back in the late 80's.

Back in the 80's..... that was almost twenty years ago.....

See rule #1 .... "In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 Days."

The Guys' Rules

1. Men ARE not mind readers.

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

1. Sunday sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

1. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!

1. Yes and No are perfectly Acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problem only If you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 Days.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't Expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one

1. You can either ask us to do something , or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not! A color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will Be scratched. We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," We will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, Expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear Is fine...Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or golf.

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. I am in shape. Round IS a shape!

1. Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight; But did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping.