Random Topics

Patrick Hand

I really liked it. I concur, they had to have hired some spectacular athletes--some of those jumps were unbelieveable.

I was originally concerned that it just wouldn't be right to have a blonde Bond, but he pulled off the part well enough that it didn't really matter.

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear, and life stands explained." --Mark Twain

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patrick

No worries mate.

False Ransom

My hat goes off to drivers like your husband. I would hate to be a day cab driver (I used this in a more generic form so if God forbid your husband has a sleeper on that truck my apologies.) Also if I am not mistaken the word you are looking for is Yachts (Although I'd never advise you to take spelling advise from me this one I rember because of a Jerry Clower joke. "Them ya-chets was tied up in the harbor." Did I ever mention I was southeren LOL)

Mad Jack

Best of luck with the reversal. I work in pretty much the opposite way but if it ain't you...... I once read part of one of those relationship books by the guy who wrote Men are from Mars ( Man I can't belive I admitted that.) He used an analogy that went something to the effect of men retreat into a cave and stay there. I disagree I LIVE IN MY CAVE. It's really nice the stero rocks, the book collection is piled high, got a big screen for the UGA games, computers fast, and the paintings on the wall are of old cars planes and ships. Please feel free to visit but don't mess with my tools ;)

Jessie K

TY

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

I LIVE IN MY CAVE. It's really nice the stero rocks, the book collection is piled high, got a big screen for the UGA games, computers fast, and the paintings on the wall are of old cars planes and ships. Please feel free to visit but don't mess with my tools

Y'ever hear the song "Troglodite"? :lol: First thing I thought of.

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear, and life stands explained." --Mark Twain

False Ransom

My hat goes off to drivers like your husband. I would hate to be a day cab driver (I used this in a more generic form so if God forbid your husband has a sleeper on that truck my apologies.) Also if I am not mistaken the word you are looking for is Yachts (Although I'd never advise you to take spelling advise from me this one I rember because of a Jerry Clower joke. "Them ya-chets was tied up in the harbor." Did I ever mention I was southeren LOL)

My husband used to drive OTR, for years, and liked it. But now that he has 20 acres and animals - not to mention a wife! - it no longer appeals to him. Besides, at 48, and over 30 + years of driving a big rig, I think he's ready to do something else. Actually, I think right now he'd like to quit driving and live on our boat full time! :rolleyes:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

LIPOZENE

I swear if I see/hear ONE MORE FRIGGIN' COMMERCIAL FOR LIPOZENE I WILL EXPLODE!!!!!!!

Every day it seems like that's ALL I see/hear from the TV is the SAME.....DAMN......AD!

:lol:

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Some pea-brained executive on my team's account had a coronary that a project HE forgot to schedule for implementation wouldn't be done by the end of the year. So WE get to put in an ungodly amount of overtime to "make it right." More proof that neckties choke off blood flow to the brain. :lol:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

It sounds like you, along with another computer guy I know, lives in Dilbert World. He says that comic strip is right on.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Tired. Mailed off all my stuff to everybody yesterday; I've never had so many packages going off to people. Had to get insurance on some. Cost me a $104 bucks... Mailed off all my holiday cards today, many here will be getting them...

Spending money on stuff for Boats for Christmas-clothes he really needs. Spending money on a new comfortor set for the bed and new pillows (only to discover the dang pillow shams were for king size pillows)...had to get extra money for the Star Wars party tomorrow night at a restraunt...I'm going to be broke very quickly....Plus my allergies are kicking in due to the dry air here...not thinking very clearly. Give me another blue ribbon for putting my foot in my mouth... :blink:

LIPOZENE

I swear if I see/hear ONE MORE FRIGGIN' COMMERCIAL FOR LIPOZENE I WILL EXPLODE!!!!!!!

Every day it seems like that's ALL I see/hear from the TV is the SAME.....DAMN......AD!

:blink:

Personally I can't stand all the cute little animations of bodily fluids lately, I mean really I may be eatin dinner! Now there's a nose one,,,,UGH ::heads to th rail::

And I agree with you on the drug ads..inbetween parts of yer favorite holiday special are 1001 ways you can contract horrible side effects of medicine you need?

I am not discounting medication or proper medical care - I'm all for it but this is torture - that and car ads... what ever happened to Joe Isuzu?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

And people wonder why I don't miss TV? Pulled the plug on it 13 years ago, and haven't missed it once. We watch DVD's instead, or...read!...or ....talk! ;)

My beef? Telemarketers who call me three or four times a day — and at all hours, even though I'm on the DO NOT CALL list. And most of them are recordings, so ya can't tell them to piss off!!!

B)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

LIPOZENE

;)

B)

For me, I can't those stupid Geico commercials about the damn caveman! The one night they showed so many of those stupid commercials I was ready to just scream and kick the tv! And then the next day I saw on this woman's car, a bumper sticker that said "Cavemen are people too. Geico" ARGH!!!!!! I wanted to ram her for having such a stupid bumper sticker! ;)

LOL! ;)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

My TV isn't hooked up either, so I watch movies (vidios and dvds) when I Want to not when someone else has them programed.... Unfortunatly, I have the bad habit of watching anything (even basketball) So I just avoid it....

I just hang up for ALL recorded messages.... When I get a tellemarketer, I ask them (if it is female) what color their underwear is ... when they say that "That's obscean" I tell them they are the one who called, and can remove my name from the list, or we can continue..... ;) I don't get many tellimarketers calling me any more B)

Speaking of bodily fluids and blood...I recently went into the hospital for chest pains only to discover I was severely anemic. So they send me home and a month later..*This past weekend* I am admitted to the hospital. My anemia had dropped to life threatning status. My blood count was at a 4.2 so I had to have a transfusion..Four bags of blood *Greedy gerl* and now I have to have a surgery when my body builds up some more to fix the problem making me anemic..All before Christmas....Maybe B)

And it's my tenth wedding anniversary today!!!!! ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Oh my gosh Siren! No wonder we haven't seen much of you here! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything will be ok.

Me....well what can I say...since I don't change my avatar, I changed my signatures again. Kind of says what's been going on with me... :lol:

Siren..get well we need ya here...

Try not t pinch th doctors and kick th nurses

and happy anniversary... will keep you in my prayers - get well, be well

Jenny

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 1 month later...

Patrick - I know we've never met or anything, but from reading your posts and seing the photos you post I guess I've formed a mental picture of you. Anyhow, every time I hear Travis Tritt's "It's a Great Day to Be Alive" I think of you for some reason.

(Note: that's meant as a compliment. If you hate country music, sorry about that. While I listen mostly to sountracks, I'm sort of a musical omnivore otherwise; modern country is nearly indiscernable from modern rock to me.)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg