Treasure Chest

Rummy3

this is tha chest i got me so far. I be liken some those ya hav too. I might steal one later..

stitchedchests.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 2 weeks later...

Oh., I wouldnt say it was "That easy" or everyone would behavin' one., plenty of shops in America with tools in'em thats fer sure. I guess it depends on how much you put into it as with anything you want done well.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

I've collected a few chests from Ebay and swap meets that I'm using in my Halloweeen display this year. Our fellow pub member Mission were kind enough ta' post pics of the display on his website...

http://www.markck.com/pyratehouse.htm

;)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Me brain is spmewhere else (Rummys chest be nice..... but still me brain be somewhere else)

I found a book about boxes..... fyne crafted boxes,,,,, and the idea of a pyrate treasure chest..........and well made.... kinda hit me..............

So what does a treasure chest look like.... and how is it made....I got my own ideas about it.... but what are yours..............

WoW! Thanks for the link!

Now I can see about getting my big black trunk appraised. All I know is it came from the old MGM Studios. I haven't been able to find it in any movies- but then I really haven't been searching that hard.

I know it's worth a whole lot more than what I paid for it. I will never sell it! It's mine I tell you, all mine!

My Big Black Trunk

More

Again

B)

Harbormaster, you do indeed do nice work!

When I was a kid, I found the coolest pyrate treasure chest at a garage sale. Over the years, I beat the crap out of it. Since I'm (someday) going to finish my pirate themed living room, I wanted one that was complete to add to the motif. I went on eBay only to discover the stupid things are more than 10 times what that garage sale find cost me! Here is the image of the two I own.

I bought the dark wood one that was missing one of the skulls off eBay and took the only remaining skull off my beat up "garage sale" gold one. So I now have a complete skull pirate chest for (relatively) cheap.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ahhh yes., It was also my first chest.,I have the one on the right.,in a 9" X 7" I still use it for my Jewelry box.,I love that chest!!

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"