Treasure Chest

Rummy3

Price looks doable, but chest looks a bit modern. The lock mechanism be a bit early for the GAoP. Perhaps if you could change out the locks, but what would that add to the cost?

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I believe you can do better. The one in this pic is about twice the size, and about half the price. I got it at Target.

B)

http://www.piratebrethren.com/havredegrace.../pirate9-vi.jpg

I think it looks pretty good. It'll need to be replaced someday. But it'll do for awhile.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

There are patterns on ebay that you can buy also., we modified one a bit.

A table saw some 1/2 oak and a little steel with hammerite paint will do the trick. The roll top was made by cutting the strips at 6 degree angles.

by the way alot of junk pallets are made oak! and Mahoganey.

Here is ours.

Treasure Chest 1

Treasure Chest 2

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

A table saw some 1/2 oak and a little steel with hammerite paint will do the trick. The roll top was made by cutting the strips at 6 degree angles.

Here is ours.

Treasure Chest

Ahoy Harbor Master,

That chest is absolutely beautiful! Would you happen to have a pattern for that one? I have been looking to make my own of this style, but have yet to find a pattern for a chest like this. It's gorgeous! :o

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Pirate Petee., we used a heavy tin.,light steel.,a die grinder.,heavy tin snip..,and a metal scribe to etch our outline. The straps are of course easy 1" cut to length., the top ends you can use a drill and a jig saw., then file smooth.

Youll want to measure each hole for perfect results., the pre-drill them and use a small button upolstery nail.,with a j-tip., so they hold tight !

Captain midnight., I dont have a pattern readily available., I cantell you its 15" long X 10 deep and 12 high ., and can post a few more pics if you like.

Chest 1

Chest 2

Chest 3

Basically youll make your top 1 1/2 wide boards., with 6 degree cuts., leaving the WHOLE 1 1/2 on the wide side. this will make your roll top depnding on what way you flip the boards., the ends are the realtrick., (Compound cuts) of course they are small flat cuts to gets the roll top to fit...., however all at an angle to make the chest top slant inward at the top sides.

The bottom will then easily get built last to fit your box.

Truly a hand me down generational treasure !

I can figure out a pattern ., and card board it., into cut outs. but I would have to spend a little time in the shop.

A small table disc sander (29 dollar chinese made) will greatly enable your ability to get exact measurements and angle for each top board ends.

Their a small challenge to make.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Here is ours.

Treasure Chest

OMG! That is exactly what I want! Thank you for the insight~

OMG! That is exactly what I want! Thank you for the insight~

LOL Rummy3., yes its what I wanted too ., I have to have it for my bar., and yes I have collected quite a magnificent treasure for it indeed., itll sit behind the bar and be lit up.

CaptainKidd.jpg

Here is a link to a pretty good one you can modify

Designs-USA.com We simply sized it down and added a few angles.

Harbormaster those be beautiful chests, but alas I am not a woodworker so I will have to find a way to plunder a chest such as that
Woodworker? I'm no woodworker either, Black Hearted Pearl, but I do know a darling pyrate that is a wood worker

I bought these plans before I started Treasure chest plans Then modified them from there. The author of these plans sends them very quickly and they are easy to follow card stock cut out plans. Also he has a small gallery of his chest finished.,they are bigger than mine and can be used for many things. I think you'll be able to find someone happy to help with a project for you both., I and I believe youll be happier with your chest than with anything you could buy. If anyone does choose this route I hope they will post pictures.

Personally I will be now making 4 more chests of this nature but substantially bigger for the foot of beds in our 4 hotel rooms. Probably without the steel and with feet added (Clothing chests)

The chest is lovely but a bit bulky and new mines a small one but i use it every once in a while to store my tips for singing or story telling.

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Capt. Jim,

Thanks for taking the high road (I must admit, I thought the same thing).

Rummy, stay as sweet as you are, and 'ol Billy will see what he can do. I've seen some pretty sweet treasure chests of late.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

Here be a chest tha a good ship's carpenter could be able ta make easy like...an' don' be droolin o'er tha thar Pyrate Rummy...

i9F528265-F7F8-4ACD-B8B5-2A22F13B75D3.jpg

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I believe that using leather strapping (instead of iron) is accurate, especially for larger chests where weight is an issue. Anyone have any research to this effect?

I am still looking., however I do know the original "Strong-Box" pre safe., was Iron strapped.., leather would be decrative only.

There is a refrence to a Thomas Bodley with a "Strong Box" he died in 1613.

I just got me chest for the water fountain to fill with pieces of eight and marty graaahh jewles but when we got it ,twas too nice a thing to use on deck out back for me pirate motiff so I had ta trade with me wife for I had gotten her one to fill with memories an dreams when we first got married. That chest works far more better and will weather the elements

as well. None the less We is HAppy.. :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

:lol:;):lol: i'd trade a wooden iron bound chest for a fyne treasure chest like that ;)

....got a blacksmith buddy who's making the band and hinges and hasp for a fyne chest ...the wood bits are fairly easy to make with a simple shop of tools

...i'll post pics as soon as i can .....if only rummy would ;)

:huh::huh::huh: i'd trade a wooden iron bound chest for a fyne treasure chest like that :lol:

....got a blacksmith buddy who's making the band and hinges and hasp for a fyne chest ...the wood bits are fairly easy to make with a simple shop of tools

...i'll post pics as soon as i can .....if only rummy would :lol:

Watch what ye be wishin for Callenish, lad! The treasure chest will soon be seen~