Faire SLogans

Rummy3

Wow - I've been going to ren faires and the like for almost 25 years and haven't seen much in the way of buttons up here. Must be t-shirts up north, buttons down south or some such thing. I've seen the buttons of the type you've mentioned for sale in stores, but haven't noticed folks here at faires wearing them.

Kilt inspector ;)

RHJMap.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - I've been going to ren faires and the like for almost 25 years and haven't seen much in the way of buttons up here. Must be t-shirts up north, buttons down south or some such thing. I've seen the buttons of the type you've mentioned for sale in stores, but haven't noticed folks here at faires wearing them.

Kilt inspector ;)

you know the Pattersons had an issue about many of our pins when we went up to work the Novato faire by you and we had to remove a many of them (they were distasteful they said) I said rats and plagues are good things? but we saw and even bought a few more there they are worn in hats on bodices and on doublets.

But why is the rum gone?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Buttons are becoming somewhat popular at the small tent faires in the midwest. We're even selling them now. Some of them won't make sense if you haven't seen our show, but to get a small sampling, check out

this link

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

The wearing of buttons reminds me of what the hippies did in the 60s and 70s. How many remember the buttons like "Love is a 4 letter word" or "Frodo lives!" Both my parents were hippies and wore all that stuff. Sounds like the ren faires are becoming hippie fests all over again. :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Yup, I just never looked too closely at what people wore on their garb.  I guess I should start then huh?  :lol:

that would mean having to enjoy yourself at faire ! Nah nevermind too many of those skank dogs wanting to pick up on you and take you out to write bad checks on them....

Huh?! lol! I have fun anyway, even tho I never noticed these buttons before.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Captain Chelle, which vendor would that be?  I've been dying ta get me hands on one of those pewter pins, but can never figure out where ta get em.

it would be K. Dopita Studio but I dont know if they have a website or not.

Here's the site, though she notes she doesn't have all of her work online.

http://www.kdopitastudio.com/

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

The wearing of buttons reminds me of what the hippies did in the 60s and 70s. How many remember the buttons like "Love is a 4 letter word" or "Frodo lives!" Both my parents were hippies and wore all that stuff. Sounds like the ren faires are becoming hippie fests all over again. :rolleyes:

Did they ever stop being hippie fests?

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

No Quarter Given has tons of buttons! Not all are listed on the site however.

I don't know if there will be a booth at Ojai, but if there is, check out all the buttons!

Wearing buttons on one's clothing is a more recent thing within the last few years.

Prior, we were all trying to be 'politically correct' and comply with the event rules of events whose rules were strict. But since a lot of the events tend to cross-over into fantasy, (like the fairies and Wilds), a lot of us just gave up and started adding fun sayings to our clothing.

BTW- I was the first to suggest the "Kilt Inspector" several years ago to NQG, and it took off from there!

That's cuz I was always runnin' my hand up the backside o' some guy in a skirt. No not the front, I do have some little sense of decency. :lol:

these pins ye be seein are quite fun, saw a booth at the Gig Harbor ren fair. I got one i ware upside down that says "pillage plunder burn" that way i dont mix up the order and put burn first, no one wants burnt plunder. Another one i have is "will plunder for food" and one me lass shipmate wears is "Pirate booty".

:)

No Quarter Given has tons of buttons! Not all are listed on the site however.

I don't know if there will be a booth at Ojai, but if there is, check out all the buttons!

Wearing buttons on one's clothing is a more recent thing within the last few years.

Prior, we were all trying to be 'politically correct' and comply with the event rules of events whose rules were strict. But since a lot of the events tend to cross-over into fantasy, (like the fairies and Wilds), a lot of us just gave up and started adding fun sayings to our clothing.

BTW- I was the first to suggest the "Kilt Inspector" several years ago to NQG, and it took off from there!

That's cuz I was always runnin' my hand up the backside o' some guy in a skirt. No not the front, I do have some little sense of decency.  :D

no you dont that is a rumor! jes kidding you like rubbing the mens arses you do go ahead say it! it's ok no one is going to walk passed you any faster or slower at fair! Ifin ye likes it how can ye make an offer ifin ye haven't felt it yet? :D

Now thar be the button

"You feel it

you buy it"

:D

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

I don't do buttons. A pirate wouldn't be caught dead with one on him. Or perhaps he would. Too faire-ish for moi.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Diego, I not be thinkin that there be enough money to be buyin everything ye be feelin at faire...LOL :huh:

Well, hell, there not be enough money for me to be buyin all that I be feelin at faire either...hell and damnation, I mite jest have to find me a sugar capt'n...or two. :huh:

I want a pin that says " ye can have me pyrate booty, but leave me treasure chest alone " wink wink

Scarlet McBayne

" Touch not the Cat without a Sheild " McBayne motto

"red is the Rose in yander garden grows

Fair is the Lily of the Valley"

Well, hell, there not be enough money for me to be buyin all that I be feelin at faire either...hell and damnation, I mite jest have to find me a sugar capt'n...or two. :huh:

I want a pin that says " ye can have me pyrate booty, but leave me treasure chest alone " wink wink

I got plenty of sugar fer you love. :huh:

i cant find any of the blasted bottons ye be talkin about

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

i cant find any of the blasted bottons ye be talkin about

They are in display cases and wicker bowls in shops at every faire lass! But jes in case the likes a you all aren't the awares....

NOW KIDDIES THIS AREA IS OFF LIMITS SO DON'T READ IT!

You have to ask the pin vendors for their X rated box (they don't keep it out can't actually but) 55% of em have one and those secret stashes have some really nice prizes in 'em.......