Talk Like A Pirate Day

Capn_Enigma

I'm on course at the Canadian Navy Fleet School.

It's my duty to educate everyone to this fact.

A couple years back the HQ I'm working at (nice shore posting for a while) was commanded by an Admiral. I sent him an email and he thought the web site was fun. The rest of the day he was adding some Piratical phrases to his staff meetings.

William Blydes

I don't get lost, I EXPLORE!

CaptRob.jpg

Adventures on the High Seas

(refitted and back on station!)

Yup, we'll be out celebrating at redlight redlight in Orlando in true piratical fashion.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I be warnin'....I mean, tellin' the staff at me cabin boys' school about our upcomin' day o'celebration. The lunch lady is goin' to participate an' I sent her t'the site fer some pirate-speak fer the day.

I suggested she call herself 'Captain Debbie' (she goes by Miss Debbie) and that she be aboard the SS Cafetieria! B)

ARRRRRR!

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

We're having about twenty friends over to watch Master and Commander on a projection t.v. while eating rum an hard tack.

Eating Rum? Now that be a stiff drynk! I'll be 'avin' two...an'a bit o' floor ta be fallin' on...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I be warnin'....I mean, tellin' the staff at me cabin boys' school about our upcomin' day o'celebration. The lunch lady is goin' to participate an' I sent her t'the site fer some pirate-speak fer the day.

I suggested she call herself 'Captain Debbie' (she goes by Miss Debbie) and that she be aboard the SS Cafetieria! ;)

ARRRRRR!

What school do they go to Grey? Just am curious since ye also be from Escondido too. The grade schools I used to attend were North Broadway and then Rincon, back when it was a K-8 school. I actually went to Rincon some time ago on a weekend while on a walk with my sister, my uncle and their dog. Just wanted to see how our old school looked like these days. It was so different, they changed it completely to make it a Jr. High only. Whoa! ;)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

We're having about twenty friends over to watch Master and Commander on a projection t.v. while eating rum an hard tack.

Eating Rum? Now that be a stiff drynk! I'll be 'avin' two...an'a bit o' floor ta be fallin' on...

Yes, yes, yes...I did say eating, when I should have said consuming.

Still...

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

We celebrated a bit early.

Last eve we were invited to a local marina for their first annual "International Talk Like a Pirate Day" festivities. ( Oh the looks on the faces of rich mundanes as we strolled onto the docks!!) :lol::lol:

Free beer, fine company and of course many pics by the locals. ( Some shall be featured in an upcoming issue of "Texas Boating".) We now have in our possession a free four hour boat rental...of course we a taking their only sailboat. (Power boats are for ninnys) :lol:

A fine time was had by all! :lol:

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

:lol::lol:

Er....the Minnow was a Cabin Cruiser on a THREE hour tour...Not a sailboat with myself at the helm for a FOUR hour pleasure cruise. :lol::lol:

Silly laddy.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

On me toes, sir! I'll make sure to toast you with the first ice cold cerveza out of the cooler. :lol::lol:

I gave the cafeterialady a copy of my pirate jokes to tell the kids today.

Q: What's a pirate's favorite fast-food place?

A: ARRRRRRby's.

Q: Why do pirates never "walk the plank" in bare feet?

A: They don't want to get a Long John sliver.

Q: What do you get when you cross a zucchini with a cutlass-swinging pirate?

A: A squashbuckler.

Q: Where do buccaneers store their textbooks and gym clothes?

A: Davy Jones' locker.

Q: When would a pirate give his ship a coat of paint?

A: When its timbers were shivering.

Q: What is the difference between a pirate flag and a happy baseball player?

A: One is a Jolly Roger and the other is a jolly Dodger.

;)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.