Arrrrgh!

Gutterpunk13

What is funny is:

If all of us looked at somthing we say or do when we are pyrating, we will find somthing that is out of place. It may be your arrring, your clothes or the sun glasses your wearing. It is just that some people focus on the clothes and point out how out of time others are, the those others complain how that person looks great but talks like a 20th centure person. So, if there is truly a all perfect re-enactor, I would love to meet them. We all fall short some where. Mine is my hieght!

Delmar

I actually think one of the Best John Silvers i ever saw was in a TI parody:  Muppet Treasure Island.

Clearly you have never seen the German/ French 4 part miniseries "Die Schatzinsel" from 1966.

schatz3-149.JPG

Ivor Dean as Long John Silver came acrosss much more threateningly than the partly serious, partly comic Tim Curry in MTI. Although made on a limited budget, the miniseries still is the only near accurate film version of Robert Louis Stevenson's book.

banner.jpg

"The floggings will continue until morale improves!"

Clearly you have never seen the German/ French 4 part miniseries "Die Schatzinsel" from 1966.

I Certainly have not, but it is now at th' top o' me list, be sure!

:lol:

- 10 Fathoms Deep on the Road to Hell... Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum...

I Certainly have not, but it is now at th' top o' me list, be sure! 

B)

Excellent choice! I have to admit, I am a little biased when it comes to this series, as I first saw it in the early 70s when I was 7 years or so. Me onesies and me friends used to make treasure maps according to the map shown in the opening credits and replay scenes from it ("I calls my parrot Cap'n Flint, after the famous buccaneer, ...")

I have seen it several times since then, and it did stand the test of 30 years.

But here's another impartial review. pirateBlink1.gif

banner.jpg

I have heard of an English synchronized version some years ago. Then there are, of course, the German and French versions as shown on TV, though I am not aware of any commercial VHS/ DVD version.

The German version is also available via P2P.

And there is the wonderful soundtrack available from Amazon.

banner.jpg

Tim Curry wasawsome for John Silver. You truly believed his jovial demeanor and smile and liking twoward Jim, but when he was angry, you it was genuine and almost made yer skin crawl.

Curry immediately became one of my favorite Hollywood-pirates after that! Did you happen to catch him in "Pirates of the Plains"? Pretty much the same character, only a little darker, and is transported ship and all to 20th century Kansas (at least I think it was kansas). The best part was watching him try to negotiate all the modern conveniences from an 18th century point of view!

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

Did you happen to catch him in "Pirates of the Plains"? Pretty much the same character, only a little darker, and is transported ship and all to 20th century Kansas

I Need ter be takin a look see at that one! Sounds like a belly buster! Did ya ever see Tim Curry in Clue? It's a RIOT

- 10 Fathoms Deep on the Road to Hell... Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum...

I absolutely love Clue! Actually, that be the first movie I saw Tim Curry in. I was too young at the time to see Rocky Horror then. Anyone remember the movie The Worst Witch with Tim Curry, Diana Rigg and Fairuza Balk? Another favorite of mine that Tim was in.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Did you happen to catch him in "Pirates of the Plains"? Pretty much the same character, only a little darker, and is transported ship and all to 20th century Kansas

I Need ter be takin a look see at that one! Sounds like a belly buster!

It really is, especially when they finally rig up a way to move the pirate ship across the prarie. There's a shot of the little boy looking out the window of his house and the ship is "sailing" thru the wheat fields.

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

Curry immediately became one of my favorite Hollywood-pirates after that! Did you happen to catch him in "Pirates of the Plains"?

That is a good Movie. I couldn't recall the name though thanks for the reminder. I'll be sailin to the Amazon site next to see if I can plunder that one for sure!

All this talk about Treaure Island! I am "listening "to the Disney Version now w/ Robert Newton while I am posting. I do like the "sterotyping" He does and so tend to copy that kind of talk when I post or talk in a Pyritacl way. Nothing wrong with that says I. I don't see what the big deal is about arrgh or period dressig or any of the rest of it as long as your Having fun doing it. After all isn't that what it's all about anyway?

Shipwreck

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

Robert Newton in Treasure Island

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

I saw Pirates of the Plain the other day and it was actually pretty good. Not too hokey as I thought it could be. As always, Tim was great and I like the idea of pirates just falling from the sky into our timeline. :lol: Makes ya just want to move to Nebraska.....or not-lol!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg