Period Pirate Movie

Pirate Petee

I would like to see the story of Sam Bellamy on the big screen. How he became a pirate out of desperation when they couldn't salvage the Spanish ships, and the tragic ending drowning so close to home with his wife only a town away.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

I'd love to see Avery on the big screen. What an epic adventure he had, going to sea on a slaver, stealing the ship, crusing the Indies and South America, then enjoying the pirate haven of Madagascar, and looting the Mogul's prize treasure ship - still one of the single largest robberies ever commited in history, and what a tragically perfect end, him dying a nameless pauper in England.

newbannersigtar0db.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grace O'Malley would be my first, with Anne Bonney and Mary Read second. Not that I wouldn't mind more films with men in tall boots with swords, but with the Legend of Zorro and of course, POTC II and III. I think we need some women represented besides Gena Davis' character in Cutthroat Island.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

OK, I think Blackbeard's life would make a great story. Now for the more important question...who would you like to see play them? I think I'd like some no-name actor personally, to add at least a little to the authentic feel instead of someone people recognize right away.

Coastie :lol:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Personally, I'd like to see a movie about Anne Bonny, Mary Reed, and Calico Jack! That'd be just ArrrrrrrrSome!!!

-Deadly Drucilla

:lol:

Pause My Friend, As You Pass By. -As You Are, So Once Was I. -As I Am, So Shall You Be. -Prepare You Then, To Follow Me.

(written on a gravestone)

Well, damned I'll be if it isn't you again Rummy saying the thing very closest to me heart! Even with all the pirate movies I have in me hold, the one I miss the most is "Against All Flags." Without a doubt, one of the finest pirate movies ever made! The newer version, "The King's Pirate," may have had one of the most delectable women in filmdom in it (the lucsious Jill Saint John playing Mistress Jessica Stephens) but DOUG McCLURE as a British office?!?!? I would LOVE to have a copy of the old classic someday.

Now, Coastie, as far as me life making a great story, I couldn't agree with ye . . .

(Rummy leans over and whispers into Blackbead's ear)

OH, by the Grace of God and all that's Holy! Forgive me, me friends! There I go being ME again! :lol:

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

It's funny Petee started this post, because I was just thinking the same thing the other day. Although I was thinking that it would be nice if HBO did a series about pirates. They have done such a amazing productions on Deadwood, Carnivale and now especially Rome, that I know they would do an excellent job of it.

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."