My new Pistol!

I recieved my Queen Anne Pistol kit from Dixie Gun Works a couple days ago. The kit was very easy, I only had to do minor work to the stock to get it to fit right. It was so easy in fact, I had the stock re-shaped, sanded, and the piece assembled in about 2 hours.

Now I hate the "off the shelf" look of new items, so I usually add a personal touch to my garb/weapons. Since I am a captain, I decided to make my personal touches worthy of a successful captain's weapon. (If he were to actually have one custom made, I know in period that didn't happen alot)

I also test fired it... it took a couple tries to get the flint set at the right angle to spark, but once it was right, the piece fired off beautifully, with no mis-fires 4 shots in a row.

Here's the pictures:

MyPistol1.jpg

Lock-side view. Beautiful piece in my opinion.

MyPistol2.jpg

Brass sideplate. I plan on having "Cap'n Mac * Iron Lotus" engraved on it, and where the * would be I am going to mount a silver maltese cross (which is in my coat of arms) in the middle of the sideplate between the names. I also plan on mounting a small silver skull and crossbones on the side of the stock, forward of the sideplate.

MyPistol3.jpg

My personal touch... a REAL burma ruby set in the mouth of the buttplate, and REAL emeralds set in the eyes and forward of the trigger guard.

Tell me what ye think ;)

<_<

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

Very Nice Indeed Cap'n Mac !!!

The grain on your Stock is really great.

I especially like the customization. I have not fired my QA as its not yet arrived from Cherrys., But I am curious., How many grains of Black Powder on the .50 Cal QA ?

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

The Pistol Kit was $225 from Dixie Gun Works. Not a bad price for a very nice DIY kit. :D

The other good thing about ordering from Dixie is that even with their cheapest shipping method, the kit STILL got to my door in less than a week.

How many grains of Black Powder on the .50 Cal QA

I use about 30 grains. I don't know what the proper measure for a .50 cal pistol is, but the proper measure for my .50 cal cannons ran from 50-60 grains. Since I am only firing for effect, and not firing ammo, 30 grains is about right.

When I fired it off the other day, it would go "Click - FOOF - (half a second pause) - BOOM" Very very nice. I loved the feeling of it.

:lol::D:D

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Magnificent pistol, mate!

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Well done!

That's a fine lookin piece ye got there :lol:

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

A fine job indeed!

As I already posted in another forum, I built one of these. Now if I could just post pics. I browned my barrel, and I really like the looks of it.

The specifications that Pedersoli included with the kit call for 20 grains of powder (with a ball); but I also use 30 grains in "blank" firing it.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

They didn't include anything with measurements on mine... in fact, all I got was the warranty card, a rough explode-view schematic of the gun, and the parts.

I am going to have to brown my barrel as well. I'm having to polish rust off of it every day, even with keeping it oiled. I hate the humidity here. :lol:

Captain_Sigart.jpg

I am going to have to brown my barrel as well. I'm having to polish rust off of it every day, even with keeping it oiled. I hate the humidity here

On July 13th I ordered my QA part no#S329-50 . This is of course a Pedrosoli as well but its a brass. I had already figured my sea-service pistol will need to be well greased in the Philippines (Very Humid) And so I opted for the brass Queen Anne., according to Cherry's its a 90 day wait., they said they dont stock them., made to order., looking forward to it ! ;)

;););)

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Cherry's Pedrosoli Queen Anne was $235. for the nickel plated steel or 250. for the brass. But even at that the lock mech is all steel and will require grease like the sea service. In the Philippines I am probably going to hang all my pistols on one wall each with enough grease to "Look bad" ;)

But at differant times I will pull one down to play with it when we have a festival and launch the cannons in our pirate attire..., at that time the one gun I am using that day will get polished out. Its the only way I can do it.

The guns over there in the PH that security is carrying around looks like pure rust., and my brother inlaw is a port security guard and has to polish his brass uniform pieces twice a week for inspection., the humidity is that bad.

I have had two of my guitars there for 3 years (each time I go visit I take stuff) after one year when i returned the strings fell to dust at touch. (Need stainless strings) I am considering a clear coat on some of my metal items to stop oxidation?

You dont notice the Humidity when you are Scuba Diving :)

• 2 weeks later...