need help identifying a coin

Misery

ok so my girlfriend lives in l.a. for a production company. whilemaking a set for the opening of herbie she had multiple times in the disney warehouse to get refrence to the real herbie for the movie. and was recently working on a fo section of one of the ships for potc2. (yes im jealous too)

she was walking in between the Narnia (lion witch and wardrobe) stuff. and the potc 1 stuff. (jealous again) and came across a chest of coins.

she got permission to take one for me and one for my father. but we dont know if there for potc or for narnia which isnt out yet. the chest was sitting right between the 2 sections (possibly recyling coins from potc to narnia)

unfortunatly thier not the spanish gold(which she did one but wasnt aloowed to grab ;) )

well here it is mabey one of you can make heads or tails of it ;)

coin4.jpg

coin3.jpg

coin2.jpg

coin1.jpg

Yes, that is "a" coin from the POTC movie and most likely "a" coin from Narnia as well. It is not THE coin from the POTC. It is a standard press of an "ancient" coin used as many movie props.

I have a collectible "POTC authentic oin from the major motion picture" in a stamped fake leather pouch and it looks exactly like the one in your hand. I paid $1 for it on Ebay over a 2 years ago. I figure the stamped pouch was worth that.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

thank you thats what i figured. and im sure itll probly be recycled into narnia. nopoint in making new background coins when you already have tons from potc

if i get any more ill just put em on ebay and say jonny touched em and sell em for 100 a piece :ph34r:

nah ill probly make a chain for this now that i know what it is

• 1 month later...