POTC bloopers

Capn_Enigma

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that Johnny Depp's picture is reversed in the official movie posters? The pistol he holds has pan and frizzen on the left side of the barrel instead of the right side! Perhaps a customized gun? :ph34r:

Also, just after the "Interceptor" explodes in the movie, Will climbs aboard the "Pearl", grabs a gun and audibly cocks it. In the next shot, however, the guns cock is back in the "safety" position. How come?

banner.jpg

"The floggings will continue until morale improves!"

Aye... like in Star Wars: Episode 1, when Obi-Wan was on Tatooine, he was flipped on screen. His braid was on th wrong side and so was a mole o' his.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

There's a whole website dedicated to finding things like that.. but I can't remember the name of it.. phooey. www.IMDB.com under "goofs" on the far left when you look stuff up is GREAT for finding this stuff!

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"

One more for this. Sailing the Interceptor with only two people??? Yeah right! I've sailed that boat with four deck hands and the captain at the tiller (which would have been far better than the wheel they put on her for the movie). It was a lot of work then. Open ocean for a short period of time, maybe they wouldn't have to do any maneuvering and would get no bad weather. However, into a port? The lightest anchor of hers weighs 800lb, and the other two are 1500 or so (if I remember correctly). Anchoring itself is quite a feat, even for trained seamen, let alone a lubber of a blacksmith.

Coastie04 :D

"Pirate attacks on ships have tripled in the last decade"

-From the IMB Piracy Reporting Center website

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

That may be... but file that under "Suspension of Disbelief" rather than a blooper.

Ye might as well say Zombie Pirate an' Cursed Gold don't exist either!

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Funny thing about accuracy, me ex hates the movie The Princess Bride, why? He was enjoying the movie with me, but when Vizzini is sitting with the Princess and he is trying to guess which cup has the Iocane powder, he says "Because Iocane powder comes from Australia . . ." oh, he lost his head on that one and refused to watch any more of the movie saying "Australia wasn't even discovered then, the movie's poorly written." I told him it was just a movie and said that there's been tons of inaccuracies in a lot of the films he liked. Oh it wasn't "intelligent" enough for him.

In POTC I knew that pirates never really enacted walking the plank, but I enjoyed the film nonetheless and I still consider it a must see. Who cares if it got flamboyant, that scene of them stealing the ship was classic.

And, as stated waaay earlier, other than the anchor issue( and who's to say they didn't just 'cut and run', they were pirates) she can be single handed....Sailed mine single-handed and attacked the HC on me birthday just for the benefit of this very thread!..Same sheets, same number of braces, and her sails were brailed for the movie and accuracy, eliminating the need to raise or lower the gaffs.....big difference between hard and unbelievable,mate.......... :ph34r:

there are only two real mistakes in the film.

one is where capn jack sparrow is escaping from norrington and his soldiers and hes swinging round on the rope. when he lands on that bit of wood he then slides down on the rope. he would have had to undo his hand cuffs to get on the rope and off, otherwise he would have been stuck there B)

another is when elizabeth is pushed off the plank and she is then walking up the shore - she is wearing a bra! not that i was looking... it was just noticable!!

well thats what i noticed, but i dont think they made the movie worse in any way B)

Captain pirateWink.gif Jack Sparrow holds the two shackles together and flings the chain connecting them over the rope, holding on to the loose end. Thus, he can let go of the chain at the end of his slide, but still be handcuffed.

ah, that is very cunning indeed. i will have to look out for it on my fifth viewing :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

What's got me wonderin' is this- after Elizabeth's lubber of a father locks her up (she's wearin' the red coat an' white britches), she climbs out the window to a boat that is . . . just waitin' there? Or is that the correct place to be keepin' yer boats?

As a matter of fact, it was quite normal for larger vessels to have several boats (sizes from dinghy to longboat) in tow.

This was done to prevent the boats from leaking, as the planks would shrink and warp had they been stowed high and dry on the deck.

Hope this helps,

banner.jpg

"The floggings will continue until morale improves!"

What's got me wonderin' is this- after Elizabeth's lubber of a father locks her up (she's wearin' the red coat an' white britches), she climbs out the window to a boat that is . . . just waitin' there? Or is that the correct place to be keepin' yer boats?

That one got me thinkin' too. Now correct me iffen I'm wrong (and I know ye blackhearted scallawags be jumpin' all over me iffen I am), but wasn't that dhingy the same one that Pintel and Ragetti (the bald guy and the guy with the wooden eye) used to create a distraction, while wearin' them fancy dresses and carryin' them parasols? I believes there is a shot of Pintel and Ragetti climbin' aboard the Dauntless, but where's their dhingy? Am I even at the right point in the movie?

The dhingy that Cap'n Jack and Mister Turner use as a diving bell to sabotage and board the Dauntless is eventually hauled on board (you can see the lobster trap hanging underneath). If this be the same dhingy that Miss 'lizbet procures, how did it get back into the water? Surely, a lass like Liz couldn't lower it alone, could she?

:P

Well, in me humble opinion, if she could raise all those barrels by herself out of the ground (even if she emptied them by herself...those kegs would have mighty heavy) to make a massive rescue signal, then, she would be able to handle a dhingy by herself.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

I went out to nitpix and came accross this one

William Turner's dad, Bootstrap Bill, was cursed along with all the other pirates so this makes him part of the living dead too. So, when the pirates tied the heavy cannon balls to his feet and threw him into the water, HE'D STILL BE ALIVE. Bootstrap Bill would either be at the bottom of the sea alive or still floating until the very moment when Will and Jack took the curse off of all the pirates. SO, Bill would be under the water (I imagine him chilling) and then, to his amazement, take a breath and drown!! ...unless he escaped...

I thought this deserved a little disscussion on this thread.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg