Pirate action figures

Cut-throat

I was recently at a gaming shop an I happened upon some pirate action figures. I cannot remember the name o the company that made em'. They had Blackbeard an Anne Bonney (sold seperately). The sculpt was average for the both o them (nowhere near the expertise of say, McFarlaine Toys), an the accessories were interesting (multiple pistols, an an axe for Anne Bonney). I be wonderin if'n anyone else had seen these ? An if'n ye have, are there any other figures ?

Those were hillarious lass ! I loved the pics, thank ye. But the figures I be inquirin about look far more realistic. They be made o hard plastic, not the bendable type. The Blackbeard an Anne Bonney I saw were fashioned after actual historical renditions of them.

I seem to remember seeing some of the hard plastic figures at educational shops. They're not very good sculpts in my opinion.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

I meeself have got the Pirates O' the Caribee figures, damn fine I swear. Da only other figures I be knowin' of is one called The Captain by Dusty Trail. Taint seen de ones you be talkin 'bout.

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers....thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."

Those were hillarious lass ! I loved the pics, thank ye. But the figures I be inquirin about look far more realistic. They be made o hard plastic, not the bendable type. The Blackbeard an Anne Bonney I saw were fashioned after actual historical renditions of them.

Figured that, but these ones are so much fun. I particularly like the poses they put them in - Blackbeard with "happy feet."

RHJMap.jpg

• 2 months later...

Aye, the figure of Blackbeard in the second link is awesome! Very realistic. B)

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing the first Blackbeard and Anne Bonney in shops outside of the San Francisco Maritime Park. I have to agree with John_Young; not too impressive IMO.

That 12" Blackbeard AF looks pretty good. Awfully clean kit, though.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG