Pirate clothing for the ladies

Hawkyns

Me lady wife has decided to go on the account with me but is having problems deciding on appropriate kit. She has plenty of wench garb, but wants to do more male styled garb. We've been looking at pirate fantasy stuff like the art of Clyde Caldwell, Don Maitz, or Edward Beard. Looks great to me, but is that going to be too way out even for this crowd? Opinions please, ladies?

Hawkyns

B)

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

She has plenty of wench garb, but wants to do more male styled garb. We've been looking at pirate fantasy stuff like the art of Clyde Caldwell, Don Maitz, or Edward Beard. Looks great to me, but is that going to be too way out even for this crowd? Opinions please, ladies?

I will confess to being in the midst of stealing clothing ideas from Jack Sparrow at the moment, and no one has so much as blinked an eye. I think there are quite a few of the women here who raid the closets of menfolk for their piratical clothing, so your lady should be fine B)

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

I plundered my other costumes for my pirate garb.

- short chemise from Ren dress

- black denim leggings

- short bodice I made

- thigh-high leather boots off e-Bay I use with my Star Wars Jedi outfit

I also made a balderick (sp?) to hold my sword out of two leather belts. They were the belts with 2-prong buckles I bought at Target for $6 each. By connecting them, I made it long enough to go over my shoulder and down to my hip.

Hope this helps. B)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Aye.. ye know... there's just sumthin 'bout a wommin that dresses like a man, yet enought like a lady that just sets off me powderkeg!

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Baaawhaaaaaaa!

Here, would you like some cherries too? The men just can't resist a fruit or two. LOL! :huh:

Ohyes.

"Like the rose garden? Look closer, luv..oh...what's this, a blade too? Oh how did -that- get wedged in ye like that hmm?"

*innocent eyeflutter*

We lasses can be quite the dangerous folk :huh:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-