Attention all bird owners

Rumba Rue

Any o' you lads and lasses know of an African Grey breeder in the mid-Atlantic region that is selling fer a decent price? the best i have found is around 1200 and thats a bit steep fer me... If not i may jus have to wait, but the wench 'n' I be wantin one... any tips be welcome and thanked

- 10 Fathoms Deep on the Road to Hell... Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum...

are you really positive you want a bird?? expecially a grey??? it's tons of work....i like to compare it to having a 3-4 yr old toddler around the house for 50 yrs...if so.....i found this page/link for you on www.petfinder.com. it's not a baby, they are a rescue group.

Congo African Grey

Bird

African Grey

Size: Large

Sex:

I.D:

Notes:

We now have several Grey's from different backgrounds and temperaments available for adoption. Grey's can be wonderful companions, yet most prefer the intellectual stimulation of interaction and activity. Typically, these birds are not too snuggly. They require lots of busy "work" to keep them happy, such as foraging for food, toys to destroy, bells to ring, games to play.

If you are considering adoption, please check out www.phoenixlanding.org for more information and to download a copy of our Adoption Application. All potential adopters/fosters must attend one of our educational seminars in the Washington, DC Metro area as well a brief home visit from one of our volunteers.

Upcoming Events

On Saturday, September 17, 2005, Pamela Clark, Parrot Behavior and Care Consultant, will be giving a presentation called "Ethical, Moral, and Spiritual Considerations of Companion Parrot Care," from 10 am - Noon at the Grace Presbyterian Church, 7434 Bath St. Springfield, VA .

The next "Things I Wish I'd Known" (Comprehensive Care) Seminar will be held on October 1, 2005 from 10am - noon.

For more information on these events, go to www.phoenixlanding.org/seminars.htm

good luck, hope this helps.....if you have any grey questions, feel free to ask. i have a grey myself and im a veterinary technician.

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones