This is something I've been wondering

Silent

So I'll be living in Ga soon, about 2 hours away from the ocean *jumps fer joy* but if I would want to go to the PiPF I would still have to fly. This is what im wondering, how do you take swords and guns on the plane? Also when you get there or any gathering/festavel what are the rules about having such things on your person in public? As being a first timer and havent been to any gatherings I'd greatly love to know, since I don't already. Thanks for any help giving, here be one on me. :ph34r:

Your best bet would probably be to make a phone call to the airline, and probably to the airport, too. I bet there's a way to take such things on planes -- probably involves locking up yer gear and having it stowed back in the plane with the rest o' the luggage (though if they let you carry on a pyrate sword, DO tell us about it when you get back!! :lol: ) ... most likely, if you call ahead and ask 'em about their policies, they'll be more'n happy to help.

That's all I can think of, anyway ... Not bein' a frequent flyer!

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

Aye,

Lotsa folks ship their gear via one o' th' big comp'nies like

UPS or FEDEX... Says it works well...

Check in the PIP forum...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

If'n ye chose to ship yer gear. DON'T USE U.P.S !!!! Use passenger pidgeons before ye use THEM ! I use to work for em. Trust me, they don't give a $hit about what comes down the conveyor belt. I've seen it with me own eyes. They'll toss it around. They'll drop it, kick it. They'll smash it. Me Grandmother sent herself some ceramic pots while she was in Italy. I was at the house when the U.P.S driver showed up. He rang the bell, an before we could answer the door, he tossed the box 7 feet in the air, over her wrought iron gate and took off. It shattered three o the seven Italian pots....Never use U.P.S !

I second that. UPS managed not only to damage a very expensive chain ring assembly on a bike I shipped (no mean feat in itself), but they also managed to weasel out of paying the true cost of the damage, despite my having fully insured the bike. I bought a hard case and now ship my bikes as luggage on the plane.

Package your gear very well if you ship UPS.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

as far as having them on yer person at a fair (ne'r able to be at PIP yet sigh) but first check the policy of the event yer going to...if'n weapons are allowed, then most oft tis peace bound they need be.

Ye can show em, but ne'r pull them. In other words have them bound to their sheath.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...