Any Texas Buccaneers?

Mad_Molly

Just curious to know if there are any other pirates in the great lone star state. The only events I know of that might attract such scurvy dogs would be the Scarborough Fair (alas, already past) or the big Texas Rennesance Festival (not untill October). Anyone know if there any other pirate events in these parts?I know we have a local SCA, but I don't know if there are any pirates in the group...

Everyone loves an Irish girl. ;)

Mad Molly

Aye Lass,

Since noone has directed ye there...

on th' main menu there be a section "Pyrates Crews".... In there yer sure ta find bretheren in yer locale....

Yer kindly welcome....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I just happened to notice your query and may be of some assistance. I noticed that you are in the Austin area and know of a crew in that local. You may reach them by going to "Yahoo Groups" and searching "CaptainJackspearls". I know the "Captain" and his wife, they may be able to aid your search.

In regard to Faires:

Because of the heat, we here in Texas are in the Off Season until September when a couple of small faires occure in the Dallas area, building up to TRF in October. Excalibur, Four Winds and Scarborough are all in our wakes. There is also Buccaneer Days down Corpus way, but it has already passed, as well.

There is also a crew in the Houston area that you may touch base with. If memory serves, they are called the Texas Brethren. Do a member search on this forum for Black Deacon, he is a member of that crew.

Our crew is in the Dallas area, as well as a couple other "sister ships". A bit far from your local.

I hope this will be of aid in your search.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

I too am in the Austin area . Tempest Luv I did not know you knew anyone in this area or I would have asked you. I know awhile back someone posted a thread for a group in the Killeen area as well. Let me know what ya find out. and Im glad to meet any in this area.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Just curious to know if there are any other pirates in the great lone star state. The only events I know of that might attract such scurvy dogs would be the Scarborough Fair (alas, already past) or the big Texas Rennesance Festival (not untill October). Anyone know if there any other pirate events in these parts?I know we have a local SCA, but I don't know if there are any pirates in the group...

Aye lass, there do indeed be Pirates in the Lone Star State. We be the Texican Privateers. Texican Privateers Outside of Scarbi & TRF there is also Cavalier Days but no true Pirate Fests. We throw a Buccaneer Beach Bash every year. As well as a Buccaneer Backyard BBQ. William thanks for pointing her our way. Ifinya email me I will put you on our list and let you know whenever we get together. lloyd@livelydjs.com

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We have a group/crew/drunks here in the Dallas area called the 'Wayward Child' that originated at Scarby. We plan on a few occasions to make the TRF event as an encampment there on the grounds. The wife and I will be celebrating our anniversary there the weekend of the 14th-16th, like we did last year and had a blast. We love that faire. The crew hasn't decided on which weekends yet, but will post with that info in hopes of meeting new friends/pyrates/drunks.

Fate, I've found as o' late, has raised its ugly head ta' redeem ih'self.......

Jack Congrats to you and Tempest. My anniversary falls along PIP. Hubby won't go. Anyhow I will probably miss The Faire this year as well due to me leg. My regards to you and Tempest :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png