Celtic Fling

crimson corsair

From the crew, Gwenance and I will be there all weekend and I know Sam is flying in.

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

I will be there! If anyone is looking for me, here's a hint: I will be wearing plaid. :lol:

A Wench By Any Other Name..... Would Not Taste the Same!

Proudly serving as Bartender and standing orders of Second Mate on the notorious Juryrig Crew!

I will be there! If anyone is looking for me, here's a hint: I will be wearing plaid. B)

you and how many others there, blenderwench!

and i hope to be there sunday - i'll have the renfaire discs ready for you then merc. is your sister on cast this year? B)

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

sounds great, Snow! Yep - she's on cast. She's going up in the world too. Last year she was peasant stock - this year she's merchant class! B)

I shant be wearing plaid - actually not sure what I'm wearing - quite a crisis I have to solve before this time next week. Not going in costume though - Fling is a time to absorb modern celtic atmospher for me.

Can't wait to see any of you there. I hope we do set up a meeting time/place. i'd hate to miss anyone!

me first mate and i will most likely be there on sunday. we do have a neet 'n greet with our other online group at 1:30 at the trial and dunke stage, whichis also the wailing banshees 2nd show, i believe. but maybe 2 at the lady krim (the pyrate ship at swashbuckler's cove). i too will have my pyracy pub pin on as well as my other ren and guild pins :lol:

IWG #3057 - Local 9

so, maybe 1:30 on Saturday - swashbuckler's stage?

Then 2:00 at the Lady Krim on sunday?

Y'know - lemme check the online schedual and figure this out better. . .

. . . yep, no schedual conflicts. Opinions on times?

1:30 Saturday - I am good w/ that. <_<

Proudly serving as Bartender and standing orders of Second Mate on the notorious Juryrig Crew!

AH yet another fun event that I cannot attend. Donna 'ave the money. I needs ta do some plundering I do. :lol: Maybe next year. I 'ope ta see ye all in August for Pirate weekend.

;) aye! i look forward to meeting more members of the pub. it's been great being able to add pphil to my 'entourage'. we being fellow memebers of the steel rose players now, along with his son.! then august (hopefully) it will be. ;)

IWG #3057 - Local 9

We have a Celtic (Irish/Scottish Kilt) Festival as well going on in the Irvine Meadows this weekend with song sports and events of entertaining efforts.

we have a huge fies (irish dance competition) on saturday and a scottich dance thing and highland games on sunday. it's a really grand time and we have lots of celtic musical entertainment on several stages around the shire. 'tis a grand weekend all 'round! :lol:

and not to leave out - there be ale and wine for those of age who wish to partake! ;)

IWG #3057 - Local 9

AH yet another fun event that I cannot attend. Donna 'ave the money. I needs ta do some plundering I do. :( Maybe next year. I 'ope ta see ye all in August for Pirate weekend.

I'm in the same boat as you Constance. I've got a wedding to attend and shopping to do for it the day before. Whopee.

Just found out, due to family emergency, I won't be making it to this, afterall. So be sure to raise a tankard or two for me! :D

Just found out, due to family emergency, I won't be making it to this, afterall.  So be sure to raise a tankard or two for me!  :lol:

We'll sure be missing yer smiling face lass, but we'll do our best to keep CC out of trouble.

Aye, and may yer family problems all work out for ye.

Together we shall sail the sea, best friends we'll always be. But, if we should ever disagree, the hell with you, and hurray for me.

I didn't arrive at the fairgrounds until after 3pm on Sat., so there were a few groups that I didn't get to see perform, and I never made it over to Bosworth Field to watch the guys flinging telephone polls and such, but all in all I had a grand time. I ended up buying three CDs (Eileen Ivers, Charlie Zahm, and the Glengerry Bhoys) and some Welsh cookies (yummy!). I also saw a nifty silver compass rose pendant that I wanted, but it was $20 and at that point I only had $15. :lol: I'll just have to hope that it's still there in August. That's what I get for forgetting to hit the ATM before hitting the road.

I didn't see anyone wearing the Pub's black spot pin. But then again, I wasn't wearing one either (I really should get one some day), so I guess there could have been a lot of us there, all wandering around incognito. I hope everyone else had as much fun as I did.

That's what I get for forgetting to hit the ATM before hitting the road.

fyi - there is an atm in the wine shop before you get to the gates onthe right. you know where you can buy all the wine and gifts - not the wine shop located in the wall of the city, on the right.

IWG #3057 - Local 9