Lords Armory Warning!

Back in July I ordered a pirate cutlass from Lords Armory. Payment was deducted from my account on July 30. I am still waiting. I emailed them three times asking for an approximate delivery date. I received no answer and the last email was returned as "undeliverable." Their phone number elicits only a busy signal. I contacted Sword Forum International and discovered that other people have had similar problems, some of them labeling Lords Armory an outright fraud.

Do not do business with these people! The same sword is available from other merchants, and is described as a good munition grade cutlass well worth the price, but not from this merchant. Don't get burned like I was, and others were.

Aye lad and thanks. I was on their site a few days ago looking at the same cutlass!!!!! Do you have web addresses on the other sites carring it? Email me if you do. Thanks

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Me Thanks mates!! I appreciate it.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Please, Royaliste- easy on the N word, ehhhh? Just becuase some of us want to do the historical thing....

Anyway- I've been buying from Godwin for the last 20 years. His stuff is top notch, but not by any means cheap. You get what you pay for and his quality is absolutely the best.

Another good weapons dealer is Loyalist Arms out of Canada.

www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com

Got one of their 16inch brass barreleed blunderbusses and couldn't be happier.

Fair Winds

Hawkyns

:(

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Guest Cap'n Grey
Please, Royaliste- easy on the N word, ehhhh?  Just becuase some of us want to do the historical thing....

The "N" word doesn't necessarily apply just because you want to be historically accurate. I use it with those who complain about inaccuracy but do absolutely NOTHING to help me make my costumes more accurate.

And then, for us movie costuming folk, there are some who feel that "close enough to look good" is fine and doesn't carry a hefty price tag.

And that's my 2-dubloons worth.

We beat this one pretty much to death on the other thread- the term "Nazi" is not applied to a person who wears historically accurate costuming, but to a person who imposes what he/she believes to be historically accurate on others by way of belittling insults and criticism. Being historically accurate does not make you a Nazi- being nasty to people does! Correct me if I 'm wrong Captain, but I think what Royaliste meant was that even the nastiest of the Nazis were satisfied by the site he suggested.

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

John,

Thanks fer ye warning about Lords Armoury! Couldn't have come at a more opportune time. I was just anchored at their website last night looking at that cutlass! Sounds like they be the real pyrates!

Here's Luck,

Broadside Long

:huh:

Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats! - Lucanus

John M Roberts.... I may.... and I repeat... MAY be able to find a way to contact Lords Armory..... Tell me the name you used on the purchase and the amount paid. Also I need to know whether you used check or credit card. If it was a card, wich one. I do NOT NOT NOT need any personal info ,such as numbers and dates... except the order date. I'm not sure this will work, but, just in case. Anyhow. if I can help, let me know. I'll try... no promises......... The Capt.

Thank'ee, Cap'n Flint.

The order is in the name of John Roberts. Receipt of order acknowledged 7/27. Amount was $73.85. Amount was deducted from my checking account (Wells Fargo) on 7/30. Payment was by debit card, Visa.

Incidentally, the long wait does not disturb me nearly as much as the refusal to answer emails or their phone. A single message pleading stock on back order would have been enough, for a while. This silence smacks of fraud.

Thank'ee again.

A colleague on Sword Forum International took the trouble to drive to the address listed on the Lord's Armory website. Not only did he find no business there, there was no address at that address. It is entirely fake. I think these people stay active by not selling high ticket items. The sums they gouge you for are too small to justify taking them to court. Scurvy bilge rats!

A colleague on Sword Forum International took the trouble to drive to the address listed on the Lord's Armory website. Not only did he find no business there, there was no address at that address. It is entirely fake. I think these people stay active by not selling high ticket items. The sums they gouge you for are too small to justify taking them to court. Scurvy bilge rats!

On holiday in Maine, a few years back, I braved the the rather nasty traffic in Bath(?) to locate what was supposed to be their store back when they were Swords 's Stuff. They actually had had a physical presence there, but when I arrived, it was a card/gift shop, and I was told that they had gone out of business.

Since I am near the fine lands known now as the commonwealth of Maine, I will attempt ot find the exact location of this establishment. If it no longer exists, then the website is in direct violation of standards and practices.

Of course, I will only survey. When I need assistance to board the fort known here as Lords, I will notify.

Since I am new here, I have the air of being invisable.

alley.jpg