annyone going to pennsic

bluravn

arrr i see that penncic hase been marked in the clander so i assume that some one is going ( aside from me and mine ) just thought it would be nice to meet and have some grog!

:ph34r:

hope to hear from some of you scervy dogs .

blu

arrr i see that penncic hase been marked in the clander so i assume that some one is going ( aside from me and mine ) just thought it would be nice to meet and have some grog!

hope to hear from some of you scervy dogs .

blu

Aye mate...the Entire crew of th' Maleficent attends Pennsic annually. We wouldn't miss it fer the world. So that be meself, Shaelyn...and well 30 other salty dogs and lasses hell bent on mayhem makin'. We also got some o' th' JuryRig crew and a few other ships in our camp.

We're known as The Outlanders and camp way out in the middle of n'where, but we like our spot. Where ya campin mate?

ello cptn mad eye

have you heard of the seven leaves?

i be Dyanheart ships heart of the mary jane wich crash lands by the lake each year. i look foward to sharing a tankerd of grog with you and your crue this war.

B)

bluravn

Aye mate...the Entire crew of th' Maleficent attends Pennsic annually. We wouldn't miss it fer the world. So that be meself, Shaelyn...and well 30 other salty dogs and lasses hell bent on mayhem makin'. We also got some o' th' JuryRig crew and a few other ships in our camp.

We're known as The Outlanders and camp way out in the middle of n'where, but we like our spot. Where ya campin mate?

If I, once again, ventured out to Pennsic by my lonesome, might I be able to camp with you fine folks? If this is a remote possibility, please pm me - I wouldn't want to muddy the public waters.

ello cptn mad eye

have you heard of the seven leaves?

i be Dyanheart ships heart of the mary jane wich crash lands by the lake each year. i look foward to sharing a tankerd of grog with you and your crue this war.

bluravn

But of course I know of the seven leaves! Katrina is a good friend of mine! You may remember Sir Nic from our camp last year. He visited a couple nights as did Shaelyn and myself. I'll definitely be lookin' ya up on that offer mate!

Just listen for the sounds of "Rum....Rum....Rum Rum Rum". That'll be us. We're out every night cept for Sat the 13th...we hold the Virgin Sacrifice in camp. Is much fun and this year proves to be one helluva show! :ph34r:

bluravn

But of course I know of the seven leaves! Katrina is a good friend of mine! You may remember Sir Nic from our camp last year. He visited a couple nights as did Shaelyn and myself. I'll definitely be lookin' ya up on that offer mate!

Just listen for the sounds of "Rum....Rum....Rum Rum Rum". That'll be us. We're out every night cept for Sat the 13th...we hold the Virgin Sacrifice in camp. Is much fun and this year proves to be one helluva show! :lol:

remember you want me to remember annything clearly about pennsic???!! you got to be kidding me! far tooo manny names to remember names ,maby faces ,but names not realy .

none the less anny friend of lady kats is a friend of mine so ears a pint on me :lol:

blu

I'll be at pennsic, for sure. Entire two weeks and more infact. ( I hate rhymes )

I'll be campin' down in the swamp as is usual, away from all those crazy people getting up early in the morning :: shudder :: to go hit each other with heavy rattan. Ouchies. Nah, I'll stick to the swamp and wait until the suns low enough again to venture out of the trees.

PS: Is anyone going to Penn Lite?

<edit> PPS: I wouldn't mind meeting up with some of the folk off this board and sharing a few drinks either. Perhaps we should arrange a sort of unofficial pirate meet up some night. I'll have to find out what nights are party nights for my household this war though.

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes."

The 'ntire two weeks? That's the only way t' do it in my book darlin! If you're going to be there, or anyone else for that matter, for the landgrab party on the battlefield be sure to keep an eye out for the Toast, Drink, Pass IV party. We've hooked up with Captain Una and crew this year to throw the party and well...should be interestin'.

Ahhh.. I just got back from PennLite last night. Great to be back on coopers land, even if it was far too brief. As one of my kindred family was telling me ( and it's true ) you get to penn lite, and 15 minutes after leaving, you think to yourself. "Damn... I was just getting my pennsic groove on too..."

I can tell you though, that pennlite was freakin cooooooold! Jeeeeeeesus!

Fortunately, By-Tor was in charge of Vlad's fire. Gods... that was a melt-your-skin-off type of fire.

I got hit in the head by another pirate's teeth.... that was interestin'. It's not a party until my forehead gets injured unfortunately... heheheheh

I am annoyed however. Someone has been burning palettes in our firepit while we've been away.... soooo many nails, not good for dancers. We could be there some time cleaning that lot up...

Damned mundanes.

I'll be there for Landgrab, then heading to mundania to work until Thursday, after which I'll be there for the duration. During the day you'll either find me on the fencing list, or swinging in the trees across from Pentwyvern. Look for the Cannons along Brewers road.. :huh:

Ahhhh.... I'll be ther fer the full two weeks, t'be sure. You'll find me down in the swamp during the day, usually hiding from the sun and hangover. I camp with Clan Kindred of the Wolf, right across the foot bridge. At night... your guess is as good as mine. Probably I'll be over at Ravenspittle, Vlads, Lost Boys, or Black Rose Tavern, unless I'm home,. So far, Kindred seems to be planning our party for the first wednesday or thursday. But I can't be certain, so don't hold me to that. It'd be nice if ye could make it, though, if ye be workin', ye may not

Aye, I'll be there, arriving landgrab morning and staying the duration.

Camped in B08 on the corner of the battlefield.

Artillery HQ and Base for the Guild of St. Barbara.

Just a reminder for those of you what's got 'em.

No gunpowder is allowed on site unless it is officially sanctioned as part of the Marshallate signalling group and all said powder must be stored in the central magasine under my (staff) control.

We will be offering our usual classes in blackpowder firearms, with an opportunity to join us on the line to fire for battles, both as small arms and cannon crew. All firearms at Pennsic must conform to the Society standard of being pre-1600. This means handgonnes, matchlocks, wheellocks and snaphaunces only. Any smallarm or artillery piece that will actually be fired in the classes or on the line is subject to inspection and acceptance by the Captayne General of Artillery and his staff.

Hawkyns

Captayne General of Artillery

:lol:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

I have no live firearms, though I will be learning crossbow and hopefully will be purchasing a crossbow this year, thusly to join The Bastard Brigade. I don't have enough upper body strenght for bow, but I've enough combined arm strength to cock a crossbow... is that even the correct term? Sometimes I question my brain, I really do... I meant draw......... lol

Ahhhh.... I'll be ther fer the full two weeks, t'be sure. You'll find me down in the swamp during the day, usually hiding from the sun and hangover. I camp with Clan Kindred of the Wolf, right across the foot bridge. At night... your guess is as good as mine. Probably I'll be over at Ravenspittle, Vlads, Lost Boys, or Black Rose Tavern, unless I'm home,. So far, Kindred seems to be planning our party for the first wednesday or thursday. But I can't be certain, so don't hold me to that. It'd be nice if ye could make it, though, if ye be workin', ye may not

That be what we do best lass! Hide from th' evil day moon! Fear it's rays of impending easy bakedness says I!

Kindred ya say eh? Hope ya'll made it out of the gushin' river without losin' t' much of yer swag. I know some other camps that didn' fair too well sadly. First weds or thurs...party ya say? I think a nice long walk down t' see ya is in order :lol:

wow im sooo happy that so many of you will be there too ,

we definetly need to figure out a time to get together and meet up for a drink or 2 .

as far as me i spend most of my time in camp (seven leaves that is) smokin' my pipe an' bakin' in the sun (no trees in our camp) or at a friends camps that have shade, or just wonderin' the market looking for something to caytch me eye.

i have yet to take; or make it on time for a class, but then again bein a pirate im no to good at tellin time . was thinkin of a dancin' or fencin' class this year ,we shall see .

other wise i should arrive some time late fri night -early sat morn with just enough time to hopefully have a drink an' pass out for a couple hrs befor land grab. cant weight to go home and i look foward to meeting some of ya.

so ears' to going home and a safe trip to all in there travles.

:huh:

blu

We will be offering our usual classes in blackpowder firearms, with an opportunity to join us on the line to fire for battles, both as small arms and cannon crew. All firearms at Pennsic must conform to the Society standard of being pre-1600. This means handgonnes, matchlocks, wheellocks and snaphaunces only. Any smallarm or artillery piece that will actually be fired in the classes or on the line is subject to inspection and acceptance by the Captayne General of Artillery and his staff.

Hawkyns

Captayne General of Artillery

Any ideas on the days and times for the classes? Since we're practically neighbors (being both in the Bsections) and the battlefield be so close I'm thinkin' I ought t' be takin' a class or two that ya be offerin' this year.

Alright, it's mostly official. Kindred Party, first Thursday.

Much like Vlad's Masquerade party last year, this will be a themed party. It is a colour themed party infact.

Since kindred colours are red and black, we decided to go for White with green accents, as this is the exact opposite.

So, white garb ( I.E. white shirt and pants, with green accent ) is the code. People not themed will not be let in right away, though, the doors will be opened to the general mob later on.

Just as a heads up.

Feel free to come visit me, I'd like to get to know you all in person. Just ask one of our Clan where to find The Limey, or Sam, The Limey.

• 1 month later...

The Time Has Come!!

Finish packing this week, load the rental truck on Thursday, Friday night drive all night, then two days of hell to set up camp. Can't wait!!

Remember to stop by B08 and see me. Or find me the gun position at the top of the battlefield. I'm Gunner One on the marshall's radio.

And don't froget the classes on Sunday, or stop by the camp if you want to learn how the firearms and cannons work. We're alway looking to teach and for new gunners.

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Ill be there too. Ill be camping 2 blocks up the hill from BO8 right behind the Romans. Are camp is called Archers Glenn. You will also see me on the cannons With me mate Hawkyns. For those of you who do fencing Id be glad to cross blades with you. For those of you who drink I will have my Private Stock Rum and ale so stop in for a drink :lol: . See ya there middle week Friday till end.

François

PyrateAvitar.jpg

I am a Free Men of The Sea I don't pillage and plunder.
I covertly acquire!

François Viete Domont de la Palmier
I haven't been accused of Pyracy...............YET