St.George Island, FL

Ahoy, thar me friends. Been away fer a while and glad to be back! In June we'll be going to St. George Island. Has anybody been? Has anyone fished off the shore or piers? Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks again and I'll be a- buying drinks all around in th' pub!

Silverhearted Maggie :ph34r:

Long Live the crew of the CrimsonPermanent Assurance!

Can't say I've been Maggie, but I do know that there be an event goin on a bit south of Tampa in June...John Levique Days. If'n ya can make it that is. It's down in Johns Pass...near Treasure Island, FL.

If we don't run int' ya hope ya have a good trip!

• 3 weeks later...

The only St. George I know of isn't an Island, St. George shows up on Mapquest and it's about 8 miles or so NNE of Clearwater.... not an Island though. Only St. George Island is in Maryland...

Thank ye kindly Mapquest.... oh, if Columbus only had ye.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

hummmm...never heard of it.....as far as john's pass capt....am i on my own...or is some of the crew coming over?????

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Ahoy, thar me friends. Been away fer a while and glad to be back! In June we'll be going to St. George Island. Has anybody been? Has anyone fished off the shore or piers? Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks again and I'll be a- buying drinks all around in th' pub!

Silverhearted Maggie :ph34r:

St. George Island is a state park......most of us in my part of Florida think of Kingsley Plantation on Fort George Island........guess there must be 150 miles between them.

KP