movie quotes game

Fancy

• 9 months later...

I don't know Christine's quote, but the game has been dead for months and I just thought this quote was funny so I'll post it here and see what happens. (I took the name out. It makes it too easy to find for those of you willing to sink to Google-cheating. :huh: )

"Is there a Mrs. _____?"

"No, but I do have a very nice cat."

"Not the same."

"Well, you don't know my cat, it's very demanding."

"You don't know if it's a boy or girl?"

"I respect its privacy. "

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yep.

It reads like dialogue from a Gregory McDonald novel. ( I do so wish Kevin Smith would have made a Fletch movie like he was considering...it might wash all that Chevy Chase nonsense out of the public psyche.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Okay, I'm game...so how about...

"You take the blonde, I'll take the one in the turban..." Uttered in a Groucho Marx accent...you see, I even gave you a hint!

Damn, thats sharp!

Marty "That's Eye-Gore" Feldman to Gene"It's Fronk-on -steen" Wilder in

Mel Brooks' immortal "Young Frankenstein"

"I'm not even supposed to be here today"

LOL! :angry: Funny the way the you answered that!

And to your quote, it's from "Clerks".

gunner Gordon, not sure what that's from, but it reminds me something from either Mel Brooks or Monty Python, lol!

I'll continue:

"Good morning, sir."

*groans*

"Are you feeling all right?"

"I had a little trouble with the fireplace."

Edited by Christine
christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Ahhhh that would be Disney, The Hunchback of Notre Dame I do believe.

Try this one out....

"A fine thing. First, you sell me for two hundred bucks. Then I'm gonna marry the Princess; then you cut in on me. Then we're carried off by a desert sheik. Now, we're gonna have our heads chopped off."

GageSig.png

Marty "That's Eye-Gore" Feldman to Gene"It's Fronk-on -steen" Wilder in

Mel Brooks' immortal "Young Frankenstein"

"I'm not even supposed to be here today"

LOL! :angry: Funny the way the you answered that!

And to your quote, it's from "Clerks".

gunner Gordon, not sure what that's from, but it reminds me something from either Mel Brooks or Monty Python, lol!

I'll continue:

"Good morning, sir."

*groans*

"Are you feeling all right?"

"I had a little trouble with the fireplace."

Oh Christine, far afield... hint... very authentic period movie, weapons not too bad, the "sea" is the "highway"said at newgate prison

Edited by gunner Gordon

the further away from Scotland ye roam, the more Scottish ye become

Yes, indeed! Such a great Disney movie, not very kid friendly due to some strong adult themes, but that's what makes it great! Kudos to Disney for being bold to do that with an animated feature. :lol:

gunner Gordon, still not quite sure what your quote is from. I thought Cutthroat Island, but I'm probably wrong. Hmmm....well, it seems like a comedy period piece.

Here's gunner's quote again: "don't mock me sir, no man mocks me sir !" "I do not mock you sir, I mock the man who mocks the mocker sir"

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Yes, indeed! Such a great Disney movie, not very kid friendly due to some strong adult themes, but that's what makes it great! Kudos to Disney for being bold to do that with an animated feature. :lol:

gunner Gordon, still not quite sure what your quote is from. I thought Cutthroat Island, but I'm probably wrong. Hmmm....well, it seems like a comedy period piece.

Here's gunner's quote again: "don't mock me sir, no man mocks me sir !" "I do not mock you sir, I mock the man who mocks the mocker sir"

While it has a sort of wry period comedy to it, it is not a comedy, but a social study with a twist, using authenticity as a venue for adventure. like the romanticized pirate , these scoundrels become the land based versions on the "highway".

And Gunner's quote is from...

Drumroll please...

Plunkett & Macleane

At least, I think so.

CLANG! (crash of cymbols) and Capt Bob has it! Very good, I was beginning to wonder if I had imagined the whole movie. For an adventure with no ships in it ,I have watched it over and over for the story and the historical aspects. Now, Capt. Bob , for the bonus prise, what is the not quite period firearm in this film, and why?

Umm...duh...my *guess*...and thats all it is, since I never saw the movie...yes, I cheated...I looked up the quote (gasps of horror)

But my guess would be some sort of percussion system, which is, of course, way out of time range. One was featured in the 1976 Richard Lester version of Three Musketeers, when the Eevyl Milady was going to do in the Duke of Buck. with a teeny feminine little derringer...which stood out like a sore and inflamed thumb to my eyes...

That said, I'm going to have to see if the movie's still in print, get it thru Amazon...

Drumroll please...

Plunkett & Macleane

At least, I think so.

CLANG! (crash of cymbols) and Capt Bob has it! Very good, I was beginning to wonder if I had imagined the whole movie. For an adventure with no ships in it ,I have watched it over and over for the story and the historical aspects. Now, Capt. Bob , for the bonus prise, what is the not quite period firearm in this film, and why?

Damn, thats sharp!

Umm...duh...my *guess*...and thats all it is, since I never saw the movie...yes, I cheated...I looked up the quote (gasps of horror)

But my guess would be some sort of percussion system, which is, of course, way out of time range. One was featured in the 1976 Richard Lester version of Three Musketeers, when the Eevyl Milady was going to do in the Duke of Buck. with a teeny feminine little derringer...which stood out like a sore and inflamed thumb to my eyes...

That said, I'm going to have to see if the movie's still in print, get it thru Amazon...

Drumroll please...

Plunkett & Macleane

At least, I think so.

OH, bad Captain, no donut, looked it up? I feel violated. The weapon thing is far more subtle than that ,and is just about the only example of the hollywood line " I don't care if it's wrong I like it ,use it anyway" or the armorer's line " aww the will never know the difference"

Edited by gunner Gordon

"When Eddie said he didn't love his Teddy,

You knew he was no good kid"

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My turn:

"I was just thinking, sir, that our little errand for groceries might wind up in a page of naval history if we succeed in negotiating The Horn in the dead of winter."

sail_battles_longbeach05_031_405.jpg

BATTLESAIL

• 1 month later...

Note: despite the last spate of previous posts there are actually rules to this game. They're pretty simple.

1. If you guess a quote correctly, you can post another.

2. If not, you can't....unless...

3. If a quote has gone unguessed for more than two weeks or so (I think), you can hijack the post like I'm.

So you have to guess the current quote before you can post a quote unless the thread dies. And if a few days pass with no guesses...feel free to give hints. ;)

So, since it's been a long time since we had this thing posted to...I am (as predicted) hijacking the thread. (Duchess...dear pal-o-mine...amiga muy buenas...you are specifically excluded from this quote because I suspect it will just be too damned simple for you. Sorry. (Not really. :D ) )

Now, no cheatin' and using Google, y'all. (Not that it will help.) Hint: Fairly recent movie.

"Shame...we barely got to know each other..."

*gun clicks on empty cartridge*

"I know where you keep your gun. I 'spose that's something."

"True."

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Note: despite the last spate of previous posts there are actually rules to this game. They're pretty simple.

Thank you Misson, thank you thank you.

"Shame...we barely got to know each other..."

*gun clicks on empty cartridge*

"I know where you keep your gun. I 'spose that's something."

"True."

Haven't a clue... but I'll take a logical stab at it... people with guns... relationship of some sort... one knows something about the other...

what was that movie with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie? Mr and Mrs Smith? They were married assassins or something like that? That's my guess.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.