movie quotes game

Fancy

Sahara!

"As John Lennon said: 'I don't believe in isms, I just believe in me'."

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Is Sahara a big movie in the UK and Australia? I saw it four times on various plane rides in Oz. (Not that I'm complaining...it was pretty dumb, but fun.)

I'll spring another quote on y'all. (You'll probably know this one, Foxe.)

"You were pretty good with that hook."

"Thanks. It comes from growing up in a rough neighborhood. You were pretty good with the bike."

"Thank you. It comes from not growing up at all."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Nope, my quote is not anything remotely James Barrie-ish, despite the hook and growing up references. However, I notice that I have once again somehow managed to overlook Foxe's follow up quote, so please let's have a go at that:

Foxe's quote for guessing:

"As John Lennon said: 'I don't believe in isms, I just believe in me'."

Is it Ferris Bueller's Day Off? If not, am I close?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

"Are you trying to suduce me?"

"Oui." *kiss* :lol:

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

"Are you trying to suduce me?"

"Oui." *kiss* :ph34r:

Cisco Kid :ph34r:

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Did you know that Cisco Kid was a series in the 50s? (I imagine you're referring to the one made in the 90s.)

Where's Foxe? He should know my quote. BTW, tish, while James Barrie hasn't anything to do with my quote...his initials do. (How's that for a vague hint?)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Sorry, been away a couple of days (since Wednesday in fact). Yup mine was Ferris Beuller's Day Off. Mission's was Tomorrow Never Dies, slated by the critics, but one of my favourite James M Bond films.

Try this one:

"Love. All this fuss about love and "sleeping together". For physical pleasure I'd sooner visit my dentist any day." <_<

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

:lol:

I recognized that wonderful quote, but it took me a minute to figure out why. I don't know which movie that's in (unless it's Little Shop of Horrors :D ), but it's in my quotes document (an MS Word file now some 70 pages long) as being attributed to writer Evelyn Waugh.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Evelyn Waugh penned the original novel on which the film was based. A fantastic film, but it may not have been that popular in the States, the most British Brit-Flick of recent years. On the other hand it might have been just the kind of film you colonials lap up...

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

Oh, ah. I haven't seen it in movie form and actually didn't know it existed as a movie, but it's from the novel Vile Bodies by Evelyn (who is a guy) Waugh. It's a rather splendid quote IMO, although dentist wouldn't have been my first inclination to use for the second part of it. (Over-rated, some activities seem to me to be.)

As for the critic and Tomorrow Never Dies, anything with Jonathan Pryce in it can't be all bad.

Try this (now appropriate on several levels) quote:

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."

Mission_banner5.JPG

The film is "Bright Young Things" adapted and directed by Stephen Fry and starring a whole host of brilliant semi-known actors (Emily Mortimer, David Tennant, Dan Akroyd). I really recommend it.

I kinda recognise yours but I can't quite place it yet...

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Crikey. I guess that quote was too hard - damn near killed the topic. it's from The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. (A strange movie if ever there was one.)

Here's a better one. (Yes, a better one!) It should be easy.

"I thought pirates had talking parrots as pets."

"Talking... parrots?"

"What an imagination. First pirates, now talking parrots! What's next? A singing, dancing mouse with his own amusement park?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

So it's your turn to come up with a quote, Christine. :lol:

Mission_banner5.JPG

Okay....

"Who wants a beard??"

"Well, beatniks for one, folk singers and motorbike riders. Y'know, all

those hip, jazzy, super cool, neat, keen and groovy cats. It's in the

fridge daddy-o! Are you hip to the jive? Can you dig what I'm layin'

down? I knew that you could. Slide me some skin, soul brother!"

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Aw, that's too easy... let's see if anyone else knows it.

Mission_banner5.JPG

LoL thats mr willy wonka

of course :angry:

"Have you ever met a woman who inspires you to love? Until your every sense is filled with her... you inhale her... you taste her... you see your unborn children in her eyes and know that your heart has at last found a home. Your life begins with her, and without her, it must surely end."

*melts*

I dont know if anyone will know that lol

I saw that movie and I didn't recall that quote. Selective deletion?

Here's another easy one:

"Lighten up, Francis."

Mission_banner5.JPG