Festival de Piratas

Splinter

:D I will tell you, lads and lassies, that I count meself fortunate in that I have had the distinct pleasure of attendin' ALL of the Festival de Piratas since their inception, and no finer a Pirate Shindig is to be had on any of the Seven Seas. The first year, the Festival was held at the Snake & Weasel Pub in NE Portland (no finer a fittin' name for a galley full of sea dogs !!) which quickly met it's capacity and the party spilled out into the streets *luckily, the neighbors were of a partyin' mind as well....arrr). The legend continued the next year as a larger forum was needed to hold all of the Bretheren that showed... at the Medicine Hat Lounge and Concert Hall... a fabulous gatherin' of coastal cuties and rabble rousin' rogues.

Conan's Pub stepped up as the venue for last year and this year, but this past Festival had to top them all with the attendance and musical mayhem that ensued. A fabulous piratical legacy is bein' built here in the City o' Roses... argh. I hav from the Good Captain himself that next year's Festival is hoped to be an outdoor event, against a watery backdrop along the river or perhaps Blue Lake.....

I can be assurin' all of ye that the Brotherhood Of Oceanic Mercenaries (B.O.O.M.) and the crew of the "Rose" will all be in attendance.

Fair winds, me hearties !! May yer powder be dry and yer bilges be wet!!

Splinter

:D