So this pirate walked into a tavern..

Tell me I've come to the right place for introductions of the new person persuasion?

Stumbled in here, hope that if I stumble out, I will do so very happily.

:ph34r:

Promise I won't leave my sewing lying around, but I don't promise I won't prop up any passed-out pirates and use them as dummies.

-Lucky Penny

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

:P Welcome aboard,lass...'ere's one from the crew, enjoy, and if'n you are a seamstress, we'ere in need 'o one.. :ph34r:

That's what I am, in my own fashion. :P Cheaper than buying, and if you have a mind to steal someone's coat, sometimes y'gotta do some work to keep it from fallin' over your hands.

Though there be those who like that sorta look....

I can't be the only one able to wield a needle, however, am I?

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

Ahhhh... a woman with skills!!!!! :)

We've a fair need of a lass that can sew a seam!!

(The body bags, they be pile'n up on Royaliste's decks don't ya know.)

Welcome lass, welcome to the delightful madness. :P

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Ahhhh... a woman with skills!!!!! :)

We've a fair need of a lass that can sew a seam!!

(The body bags, they be pile'n up on Royaliste's decks don't ya know.)

That wasn' the smell of beef jerky then, eh?

Well, then, let me get out the works here, the greeting drinks, and put myself to work then!

Indeed, greetings lass! I, too, do a fair amount of sewing. I recently finished a captain's coat for my husband, and BOY does he look DASHING! What a pain, though.. llots of hand sewing, but it was worth every stitch!! Welcome aboard!!

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"

Indeed, greetings lass! I, too, do a fair amount of sewing. I recently finished a captain's coat for my husband, and BOY does he look DASHING! What a pain, though.. llots of hand sewing, but it was worth every stitch!! Welcome aboard!!

Aye! Hand sewin'! Bloody nightmare it is, but worth it in the end.

I have one coat that I just..well, nearly finished. It needs its collar and some trims t' look right proper, but I have to find the trims that'll be both nice looking and won't cost much.

There's gotta be some scurvy dog whose clothes I can pilfer from...

If yer inclined to see it, it's here:

http://www.lara-goth.com/vallejoinvasion/i...es/DSC02728.jpg

It's from the bloody side, and it's blurry..and nay, yer eyes are workin' right, it's sideways too...but ye get what I was tryin' ta do.

Next on the list, among other things: that bloody scoundrel Captain Jack Sparrow's jacket...

Being a skillful sewer meself, good ta see another one. But don't you just hate it when ye run out of thread two inches before yer done? Argggghhhh!

Happened to me the other night, luv. Was working on a Mina Harker (League of Extraordinary Gents) scarf, and ran out of my thread halfway through. I need to stop and get more before the weekend, as I plan to try to finish that costume so I'm not in a rush come Halloween.

Now..the biggest problem I have...is forgettin' how t' thread my machine. I don't think I've ever threaded it the same way twice in the two years I've had it!! :ph34r:

Ah yes, I know well of machines. Mine be a Bernina (an old 1010), that gets a wee bit tempermental sometimes and just screws up, cuz it can!

About to start working on my frock coat. Did a test pattern first that I sewed together (according to the instructions) to make sure everything was good.

Ah, maybe by Christmas it might be done...I'm one of those crazy people who loves to do fine beadwork, so I'll be plying my craft to the coat which of course will take some mighty long time to do.

RumbaRue

**Smile and Let Your Spirit Soar** :ph34r:

Fine job on your coat. But tell me, it looks like you had the picture taken in a doctor's office....is that the case? Hmmmmm, if so, I bet you had the patients running out the door with all those needles and thread! LOL! :ph34r:

RumbaRue

**Sewed to bloody blind** :ph34r:

Ah yes, I know well of machines. Mine be a Bernina (an old 1010), that gets a wee bit tempermental sometimes and just screws up, cuz it can!

Old Singer here. Needs a visit to the doctor, as it were. Probably needs some oiling and maintenance...

I'm one of those crazy people who loves to do fine beadwork, so I'll be plying my craft to the coat which of course will take some mighty long time to do.

Your patience is far stronger than my own on that sort of thing. Of course, when I made my jacket for my Lucius Malfoy coat, I hand sewed each buttonhole, so I really shouldn't talk...

I think it depends on what I need, my time frame, and what is going on at the time. The pirate coat isn't hemmed and doesn't even have a collar. But I was told it added to the character of the coat that way..

*shifty eyes*

What the bloody thing needs is a few good dunks in some sea muck to make it right dirty and disgusting.

Fine job on your coat. But tell me, it looks like you had the picture taken in a doctor's office....is that the case? Hmmmmm, if so, I bet you had the patients running out the door with all those needles and thread!

Actually that was my friend's apartment. *snicker* I have a better one of me that looks...well, the best way I can describe it is that it looks FAR more Jack Sparrow than I was intending to look that day. But I hate my vest in it. I grabbed the bloody thing at the last minute, and realized there was another one I should have grabbed instead.

But it doesn't look like I'm chasin' people around with my sewing effects..so....

hahaha! I remember looking at that pic, lass! That's exactly the thought I had when I saw it! Ye DO look like our wonderful Cap'n!

Which for being a lass is pretty disturbing.

So I'm not JACK Sparrow. I'm JILL Sparrow...the much less famous yet near-equally entertaining cousin..thrice removed.

The one who somehow can't get away from the color green.

Tolerable singing voice however. Especially when drunk.

..and watch the needles.

It's been a day at work...thus the silliness

:(