Musical pirate ship?

Black Pearl

I just bought a musical pirate ship from the craft store "Michaels" (Southeast US). I normally don't go for this kind of kitsch but couldn't pass it up with the 40% coupon I had. It retails for $49.99. What be it, ye may ask? Well, it be a pirate ship (galleon?) about 12" in length and it sits on a fake blue plastic ocean (3-dimensional) which has treasure, bits, and a dingy with a pirate floating in the ocean. So what, ye ask? Here be the kicker...you plug it in and the ship rocks back and forth to the sound of the ocean, pirate captain shouts some orders at the other pirates, cannons ka-boom and light up, pirates sing "yo ho ho" AND they are all skeletons! Ship is called the Sea Ghost. Very nice ship with lots o' rigging and Jolly Rogers a flying. I couldn't find a web site to link to for this ship so happy hunting...

Black Pearl

"An apt and true reply was given to Alexander the Great by a pirate who had been seized. For when that king had asked the man what he meant by keeping hostile possession of the sea, he answered with bold pride. 'What thou meanest by seizing the whole earth; but because I do it with a petty ship, I am called a robber, whilst thou who dost it with a great fleet art styled emperor." Saint Augustine

• 3 weeks later...

Aye... I've been staring at the ship at my local store...

Ye shouldn't 'ave been able to get 40% off though, as it was on sale for 20% at the time... I checked... yarr it sucks

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

• 1 month later...

I brought me captain to see one of these ships a few months ago. Luckly he adored it and quickly made it his own. We have had it up since we got it. Tis a fun ship. While I love michaels, they bring in their halloween stuff toward the end of July and then don't restock once it's sold! (Grumble grumble!) But for those of you who can't find them this year, try next July.

~Mad Gracie~