Dead Piraet picture help!!

PIRATECAPTIN

From what content is said picture suppose to be from? Disney's POTC ride? If so, I have what you are looking for. If from some other publication, I may have it, but you will have to be more specific.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I've always liked this rendition of the dead pirate captain, myself. I remember building that model when I was a wee lad (not the model shown, but one like it).

Can you give coherent information on what the picture was? Where was it from? The web? A poster? How was the skeleton positioned? Where do you think you saw it if it was on the web? Google Image search came up dry on this, but they're not the greatest image search in the world, either.

Need more info.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

What is a product box drawing?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Oddly enough I've seen something similar in the PotC game by Bethesda. When you died at sea they had a cut scene which was very much like what you described...might try to find a screen shot of it?

It's a sketch? Be expansive, mate - ladle on the description. Go to the point of being superfluous, use hyperbole, adjectives and tactile words. Give me something to work with. Quizzing you for every detail is like pulling teeth. I think I can help if you'll give me more data.

Mission_banner5.JPG

This seems like a long shot, but maybe it's the teaser poster for POTC? You can see it here.

(That's an awfully nice poster - hearkens to the ride. I almost bought one, except I didn't have a spare hook to hang it on.)

Not that it's relevant or anything, but this is another great movie poster I thought about buying, but, again, couldn't find a crypt to keep it in.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Thanks for the help so far, but not be it, going to great detail, most of picture is tan, above the dead pirate is a blueish rock or bottom of some cliff, The pirate himself is pretty much all bones and he is laying down, he has most of his clothes but most of them have holes in it. Thinking about it more I'm not sure but there might have not been a treasure chest, but there was nost definatily a flag over his right arm. That be as much discriptive as I can remember.

Try a google image search.

Go, ahead and try it, JoshuaRed. I came up with nothing like what he's talking about for about 10 different search terms. The Google search engine is excellent piece of software code - a true wonder to behold. Google's image search engine is also a piece of software code...

I feel PIRATECAPTIN's pain. I was just searching for a Michael Maltese quote I wanted to share with Iron Bess the other day and had to look through five of my books to find it. When you want the perfect something, it can be a real bear to find (especially on the internet).

I did find these at Ain't It Cool News. I know it's not what you're looking for, but you Barbossa fans should definitely check the Barbossa piece out. Very nice.

Mission_banner5.JPG

There was another old POTC model. It had a skeleton with a treasure chest and a giant octopus grabbing one of his legs. I wish they would bring those models back.

Yes, you're talking about Freed in the Nick of Time.

My favorites are Fate of the Mutineers and Dead Man's Raft. I always wanted, but never got them when I was a kid, so I grabbed them off eBay a few years ago. (At last I can stop suffering and write that symphony.) They're expensive!

I'll bet if they decided to create new ones (as the molds from 30 years ago are likely long gone), they would probably go for the zombie look used in the POTC movie. Hopefully they would also get rid of that clumsy Zap! Action. It was cool effect and all, but when the rubber bands broke on some of the models, you were pretty much hosed. (Plus they were a pain to install as I recall.)

Personally, I'd like to see them re-released as they were too (sans Zap! Action). I'd buy 'em all. Maybe I'd buy two of some of them. :)

Mission_banner5.JPG

I think Desert Pyrate is on the right track.

Is this it?

Vintage POTC ride postcard

Wow, that's awesome!

While search I found this image from the changing portraits in the Haunted Mansion which I really like as well.

Mission_banner5.JPG