Want a good laugh?

its amazing really the cheap scammers., for example look at this

Pirate coins

this is about 5.00 from Billy Bones web site. And then there is this one Caribbean Pirates Gold Aztec Prop Coin Yah right ., these are 1.49 at Billy Bones.

There is a constant flow of petty nickel and dime scammers on ebay.

Buyer beware., and be smart. Some are pretty cool., I have a chest full of this stuff., but not at those prices LOL

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

• 3 weeks later...
Billy Bones?

Online store or offline? If online, do you have the link?

Aye, it be a great online shoppe with flags books and more. Though there "chests" and replica dablooms be a bigger disappointment than tht hat 'dare, the site is here fer yas : Billy Bones Pirate Locker

if it aint be workin let me know, me small noggin prolly got them letters mixered up again :blink:

The Youngest buccaneer ever to sail the Seven Seas (or just me neighboorhood)

Wow! What a bargain! Did you see that he claims...

"Originally sells in this Museum Quality condition for :$129.99"

Of course this might mean that some poor sap purchased this for $129.99, then realized he had been totally ripped off, and would like to try to sell it on eBay for, oh, let's say... hmmmm... a starting bid of US $69.99, but you can Buy It Now for $89.99 !

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

B) that line was in the first listing too. so much for truth in advertising. pt barnum said there was fool born every minute and these things just keep proving he was right! B)

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

starting bid.... $69.99 and no bidders..... hummmmm wonder why...  :lol:

Everyone knows "Real" pyrate hats were made outta rayon........

I liked the scrunched up gold lame' too.....Z

I saw some coins advertised as authentic replicas (?) the pictures (said to be of the actual items)"borrowed" from a gaming site showing base metal "treasure coins". Looked at e-bay for a place to report the deception, couldn't find anything at that time. Patrick O'brian books on tape advertising "unabridged" 6 tapes (contacted seller told him it would be 14 or more tapes unabridged, he said "Opps, error, thanks", never corrected it).

Personally recently ripped off by "prince of diamonds" supposedly silver Lakhsmi pendant, some kind of cheap thing poorly plated (cheap ring instead of the nice bail shown), seller told me to put it back in the enveolpe (came in a bubble bag, wrapped for protection in one square of toilet paper)..... write return to sender on it and drop it back in the mail (yeah, right), decided he was a scamster and filed with e-bay to have adult supervison for the return. Haven't heard from them yet and found I couldn't leave feedback....I'm not going to use e-bay anymore, tired of having to pay for the return/certification/inusrance/signature ...waste of money and time

I once get ripped off on e-bay pretty terribly.

I paid for an SCA approved crossbow for target archery, as me household at pennsic be the leaders of the dread mercenaries "The Bastard Brigade" I wanted to score us some points, and fancied meself as looking rather sharp with crossbow slung over shoulder and big hat... as you do,

So I paid out for this crossbow that I never ecieved. We contacted the prick hosting the auction, and got no reply or refund. He got kicked off of e-bay and paypal within that same week, hence we got nothing back. However, I did track downhis name adddress and barony information, an' will be contactin' his baron and baroness ( since he's apparently a knight...! )

Never can trust them tin-hat types.

Needless t'say, I will be finding out about him through me various influential friends, and may have t' throttle him if I e'er lay hands on him.

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes."

• 1 month later...
Wow!  What a bargain!  Did you see that he claims...

"Originally sells in this Museum Quality condition for :$129.99"

Of course this might mean that some poor sap purchased this for $129.99, then realized he had been totally ripped off, and would like to try to sell it on eBay for, oh, let's say... hmmmm... a starting bid of US $69.99, but you can Buy It Now for $89.99 !

We found a fellow selling the *one and only hat worn by Geoffrey Rush in the movie Pirates of the Caribbean!*

True it was a pretty good knock off and he'd done his homework. The only people that might buy into that line are people who know nothing about the industry and that there is NEVER only one of something.

There were 12 Barbossa hats the last time I counted in wardrobe.

The bidding was up to almost $600 when we took it to legal and Disney called him on it. He canceled the auction.

Life is good. :angry:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif