How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

Quite well!

And all is quiet on both construction fronts today (although neither job is finished).

Looking forward to dinner out with friends tonight, on a breezy patio. Pad Thai and Corona, here I come!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in a word..........dazed

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

A bit tired, but I feel great. Got to go to a French and Indian Re-enactment on Saturday. Had a Wonderful time.

And today I got to have lunch with a very good friend as well as spending time with my little guy.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

A bit frustrated today....we are trying to break our toddler of both the bottle and his binki. Oui, what a temper he does have too.

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

Frustrated!

I ordered a cannon from Hern Iron Works for Jack's birthday and was assured I'd see it by the end of May. Then it was going to ship at the end of May. Then it was going to ship at the end of last week. It ended up being shipped the beginning of this week and I was assured by UPS that I'd see it today. I just found out that it's not going to be delivered until tomorrow.

AAAAGH!!!!!!!

This is the eleventh hour. That cannon was supposed to be featured in a sea battle this weekend and we're leaving tomorrow morning. Not to mention that Jack's birthday has come and gone.

I now have to race down to the Sunnyvale way station once it gets there (couple of hours drive) and convince them to give me that cannon. I'm so tempted to bring a boarding axe...

So the moral of the story is, if something needs to be manufactured to arrive at a certain time, add at least a couple of weeks to the longest time you think it will take them and DON'T USE UPS TO SHIP IT!!!

RHJMap.jpg

Sigh...

Looks like I'm not going to get that cannon in time after all. It must be my fault - I mustn't have been convincing enough when I emphasized that today was REALLY AND TRULY the eleventh hour. Is there a class I can take to teach me to be more convincing, so when I say I need something absolutely by a certain day that they actually take me at my word and get it done? I tend to be patient and nice in these situations. Is that the problem? Should I be demanding and bitchy?

The cannon is in Sparks, Nevada. It's going to take at least five hours to get to Sunnyvale (probably more like six or seven) and that's once it has actually left Sparks, which it hasn't. And the Sunnyvale office closes at 5:30. So I'm screwed.

And call me middle-aged, but I do remember a time when you ordered something and was told that it would arrive at a certain time - and it actually arrived then! What a concept!

RHJMap.jpg

And call me middle-aged, but I do remember a time when you ordered something and was told that it would arrive at a certain time - and it actually arrived then! What a concept!

Ah the good old days... now you need to lie and tell them you need it two months prior to the actual date and they still screw it up! Sorry to hear your surprise just isn't going to go as planned... at least print out a picture of what's coming, unfortunately later than sooner.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Did you talk to any one at UPS...Like a supervisor....sorry there is a time to be nice and there is a time to be nasty. I would be losing it totallly if I were in your shoes right now. I am sorry for your troubles. And yes, there was a time when something was said it would be there then it would be delivered on time. You have remembered correctly. Good Luck and I hope things work out for you.

Yes I did, but the caliber of employees at UPS isn't what it used to be. They could give me no useful information and I've been talking to them for two days! And they know I was at their mercy - if I had been nasty, they'd probably have "lost" my package somewhere.

RHJMap.jpg

Yes I did, but the caliber of employees at UPS isn't what it used to be. They could give me no useful information and I've been talking to them for two days! And they know I was at their mercy - if I had been nasty, they'd probably have "lost" my package somewhere.

or damaged it... Back in NY, we actually had a UPS man, who picked up and delivered at our work place, who bragged about the things he wrecked for the customers he did not like... sad really

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Mad_Jack, <_<

I do hope you find a 'better alternative' to what you and your wife have right now regarding health care and medical support. You must be going through a some tough times. I pray that they can only get better.

Cheeky

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Gone from pissed to angry. Time to fire a doctor. <_<

Sorry to hear things are not going well... I hope things will resolve themselves properly and with all due speed. Will keep it in prayer if you like...

Crewe of the Archangel

Better...

Hubby just stopped in the den and showed me our neighor's new dog. His name is Sherman. He has a big brother called Mr. Peabody. (waiting outside in the driveway).

He's a Lab/Pointer mix. Big head, big feet, and VERY cute!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"