How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

Sterling me goode Captain...head to yon bookstore and find a good bloodthirsty, stormy sea sailing, adventure ta read..

Sommat has one of those pictures on the cover of a ship battling stormy waves and such..

Get lost in it and a bottle of Port and take the phone off the hook!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I might be coming down with a cold.

Bugger that! I've got a big dance weekend next week!

So, bring on the Cold F/X, the vitamin C, and the chicken soup. I intend to whip this virus before it takes hold.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Aww Hester. I hope you kick the cold soon. Try taking ,if you can, some sea salt baths. That will help pull out the virus. And put some vicks on the bottom of your feet and then put some white socks on and go to bed. It does help.

Hope you feel better. And Good Luck with your dance event.

Hugs to ya!!

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Great! I had a really good laugh this morning, provided by a fellow Pub writer and friend. Made my day!

Thanks, JT! B)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Aww Hester. I hope you kick the cold soon. Try taking ,if you can, some sea salt baths. That will help pull out the virus. And put some vicks on the bottom of your feet and then put some white socks on and go to bed. It does help.

Hope you feel better. And Good Luck with your dance event.

Hugs to ya!!

Thanks, BriarRose!

I'll ask Mr. H. to pick up some sea salt and Vicks for me!

In the meantime, we're out of orange juice, so I'm drinking virgin Strawberry Daiquiri mix. It's surprisingly good even without the rum!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Feel better Hester!

Me. A million times better!! Life is good once again...snigger

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Me. A million times better!! Life is good once again...snigger

Good to hear!

Me? I'm still laughing. JT posted a good one this morning. :D

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

To Ransom...heh aye!

To Hester..Try Collins Mixer...Sterling will agree and it has citrus..

:lol:

I'm beginning to feel like that line from the Lion King:

"Life's not fair, is it?"

Nope. It's not.

A couple more no so fair things popped up this evening in which... well, family related (as always).

::le sigh:: I REALLY need a break from life. And REALLY desperately trying not to let anything get to me or get me down.

I swear mates... I swear I'm cursed.

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Aye goode lady, perhpas tis time to leave out hte oat cakes and whiskey for the wee folk.......mayhaps will help with whatever ails ye

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

I did waaaay too much yesterday and now my tum isnt feeling that great and I'm worried I pulled something loose. I hate surgery..

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

:::Shakes finger at MerryD::: Shouldn't be doin' a thing, missy. Doctor's orders I'm sure.

Well, m' spirits are still... ehh.

Bloody well snowed again today. Had a bad day in general. Luckily didn't get into an accident, almost did when some young gal pulled right infront of me at some over the speed limit speed. I wanted to hit her after she didn't hit me. Or worse, could have knocked me off the road, slippery cause of the rain. Oh, CR is FILLED with idiots like these. They be EVERYWHERE.

On top of that, just having a bad day as one of my bosses is easy to jump on me, nagging about duties when I'm doing them. Always interesting how people are quick to demeen ya and nag, even if they do it nicely, it's still demeening.... but never quick or easy to give you a compliment or appreciation. Not ONCE have I been employee of the week. But I've bent over backwards all too often for that damned place.

;::le sigh::: Always like this no matter where I go. Apparently whatever I do is never good enough.

And worse of all... Hoping I can make it down to see my Grandma before she passes away. She's in the hospital and it doesn't look good. Pneumonia with the early stages of Heart Failure.

:::Le sigh::: On top of all the other things that have been piling up that won't allow me to go to PyrateCon. Tax issues, home repair, car troubles, family issues, etc.

Sorry if I sound like I'm complainin'. Trying not to. Just need to vent. Too much on my plate and chest at the moment that I almost have no desire to pirate any more. :lol:

~Lady B

:lol:

Feel great. Sewing getting done, catching up with a lot of friends and scheming...what else could one ask for?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Great! The sun is out. Sun good. Me like sun. :ph34r:

Got to go into town and run errands, then may do some Spring shopping. B) That could mean....shoes!!!!! (Or, at least a new pair of summer flip-flops, LOL)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Lol Will...

thats what you get for wearing wool B)

Ugh! Still dealing with the anxiety. It's no where near as bad as what it was before. I've been meditating, which helps keep it under control, but I still find it annoying. The symptoms are either slight dizziness or tension in my neck. *shakes head* B) Can't wait til it's all gone for good.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

:::hugs for Christine::: I sympathize, m'dear.

Aye, it's a tough thing to shake.

Hang in there. Think wonderful piratey thoughts. ;)

Step dad goes into surgery today to replace his defibulator. He'd been with it for 2 years apparently with a dead battery. I nearly floor him the other night for that. So, after work (which I've been called in to work at the other location cause folks are leaving), I'll head down to check up on him. Sis and step-Sis will be there (they are rather paniced).

Hopefully will go down this weekend to see my Grandma. She's still on the fence with her condition.

On top of the normal usual stuff.

Well, no tornadoes hit around CR last night. They were all south of here. Bummer.

~Lady B

B)

I feel repressed...

I read things here and find the the whole world of being 'PC' is getting under my skin... again...

Talking about events and reenactments where we can't do certain things because of the potential psychological impact it may have on the children.

I remember an F&I reenactment I participated in that we weren't allowed to die during the battles because it was too violent! We're reenacting a bloody war!!! Yes, it'll be violent! if some of the lads had their way we'd do blood squibs!

Can't set up the scaffold for a hanging because it might scar the kiddies minds... Maybe that's a good thing! Show folks that there is consequences to doing bad things! Back in the day, that's what parents did! Take the wee ones to see a hanging to show them what will happen if they do misdeeds. (and get caught B) )

Show the public reality!!!

I feel better now...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I feel repressed...

I read things here and find the the whole world of being 'PC' is getting under my skin... again...

Talking about events and reenactments where we can't do certain things because of the potential psychological impact it may have on the children.

I remember an F&I reenactment I participated in that we weren't allowed to die during the battles because it was too violent! We're reenacting a bloody war!!! Yes, it'll be violent! if some of the lads had their way we'd do blood squibs!

Can't set up the scaffold for a hanging because it might scar the kiddies minds... Maybe that's a good thing! Show folks that there is consequences to doing bad things! Back in the day, that's what parents did! Take the wee ones to see a hanging to show them what will happen if they do misdeeds. (and get caught :ph34r: )

I feel better now...

The worst part about all this is tis usually just one arse in the upper levels saying all what we do is bad.... and from having seen it for years, the kids LOVE what we do, they know it is all fake, none of them have been impacted the wrong way... just the jerk in control of the National Park Service or some squeaky wheel in the anti gun community... time for the likes of us to stop being the silent majority.

Crewe of the Archangel

I feel repressed...

Can't set up the scaffold for a hanging because it might scar the kiddies minds... Maybe that's a good thing! Show folks that there is consequences to doing bad things! Back in the day, that's what parents did! Take the wee ones to see a hanging to show them what will happen if they do misdeeds. (and get caught ;) )

I feel better now...

Aye that infamous "PC" word that is "for sucks" to be sure.

:ph34r:

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Hope everything goes well for your Step Dad Lady Barbossa. And Red Bess, aye, allergies suck! Hope that gets better for you.

I made an appointment with my doctor for this evening. I feel as tho I'm going mad dealing with this. Even tho I've read how so many women have dealt with bad anxiety after stopping the pill, I still want to know what else I can do about it. The dizziness is driving me nuts! I try so hard to stay calm, but some days are harder than others. I don't like not having control of myself. I really don't want to take any medicine, the side effects will make things worse, I also don't want to get dependent on something else. I've seriously thought about acupuncture. Has anyone done that? Does it help? I really want to try a natural path. Synthetics are what got me in this mess. *sighs*

christinebarbossagy7.jpg